Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Zito you are soooo horrible
tired.gif

zito didnt play well since he joined SF (i knwo it's been only 1 year but still, last year he was trash), and even in his 2nd last year in oakland he wasntthat great...

pimp.gif
furcal continuing to bat 1.000 lmao

Gotta love it.
Kemp and Ethier beating out Pierre for the start and then going a combined 1 for 8.
smh.gif

I wonder if that bum Pierre was crying in the dugout....

-J-

It just doesnt feel right without having Bonds out there. It felt like I was watching a glorified pre-season game today. This is the first of MANY scorelessgames for us
frown.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I'm so glad Joe sacked up and put Pierre on the bench.

Ethier deserves to start. I hope Pierre starts whining, that way we have a reason to get rid of him.

*Clap Clap Clap*

He's a good guy to have on a ball club, just not this one - not as a starter.

As the season progresses we're going to start seeing the holes in the team, this is where Pierre should come in handy. (trade piece)

Great win today though. A 100% Furcal is very serious.

This will be the year the bandwagon gets FLOODED. So enjoy these early threads w/ the "trues".

I was able to catch the pre-game ceremony & the game.. but man
pimp.gif
..Koufax, Duke, Newcombe, Fernando, Karros, Penguin, Tommy, etc.. I wish I would've been able to see it in person...

Anyway, good start.. hopefully we can sweep this series and get things flowing consistently. The team looked solid all around and seemed excited / unitedcompared to last year.

zito's been garbage for a loooooooong time. damn HORRIBLE signing for the giants.

hasn't been NEARLY as good as he was in '02. fool lost the snap in his curve-- the only pitch in his arsenal anyways. shame.

giants have no good RPs either.

Man, I had such a great time today, all the tailgating was awesome.

Got to my seats, and saw Don Newcombe on the field, and I knew there was something special planned.

It was really good to see a lot of the past Brooklyn and L.A. Dodger players there, great tribute
pimp.gif

Another reason why I like the McCourts as owners, they embrace the great history of the franchise.

And seeing Sandy Koufax
eek.gif
it's rare to see him make appearances.....There were a few lucky kids who got their baseballs signed by him
mad.gif

Overall, I couldn't ask for a better day, my first opening day, and I will never forget it. Oh and Mrs. McCourt is
pimp.gif

And Iron Man, thanks for the info you posted, it really helped.

1-0 Go Dodgers!

^ Any pics of todays game?

Congrats on the win Dodger fans Furcal looked great just like his Braves days Andruw will do something soon
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

^ Any pics of todays game?

Congrats on the win Dodger fans Furcal looked great just like his Braves days Andruw will do something soon
smile.gif

Took plenty
happy.gif

On the way to the game....

BP...

The "Newk" Don Newcombe.............

Nomar, Mia Hamm, and their twins...............

Andruw Jones and Russell Martin getting their Gold Glove Awards......

Torre....

The Mayor....

Ceremonial First Pitch......

Old School and New School....

Not a save situation but always good to see Saito close it out for the Win....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

what kind of stats you guys think Kemp will put up this season?
What I've seen from a different number of "projected" stats is something like 17 HR - 72 RBI - 69 R - 15 SB - .279 AVG

Personally, I think he will put up better numbers if he stays healthy. It wouldn't surprise me if he put up something like .319 / 25 HR / 101 RBI / 75 R /23 SB...

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

what kind of stats you guys think Kemp will put up this season?
What I've seen from a different number of "projected" stats is something like 17 HR - 72 RBI - 69 R - 15 SB - .279 AVG

Personally, I think he will put up better numbers if he stays healthy. It wouldn't surprise me if he put up something like .319 / 25 HR / 101 RBI / 75 R / 23 SB...

My guess is somewhere in between those numbers.

Right now I think he's too impatient at the plate to hit .300 over a full season, but I could be wrong.

That said, if he stays healthy, there's almost no way he doesn't have 20 home runs and 20 stolen bases.

Back
Top Bottom