Official LOST thread - gone to NT heaven

Quote:
I was waiting for the episode all week, but I've been waiting for nyknick's spoilers even more!!!!!! Bring em on man!!!!!

well i will soon post some spoilers soon enough.
Remember, i will post w.e that is im allowed to post.

Quote:
Also, the reason women can't have children is because of Ben's presence on the island.
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
4L8O15S16T23!42
We Roll Deep​

Quote:
vector23..........you are def on point. I am very impressed.
:\
ohwell.gif

I HATE SPOILERS !!!

First, I don't see why Jacob's ability to disappear or only appear to certain people is surprising. We've already seen about a dozen other people appear out of nowhere. There are many explanations -- they could all be manifestations of the smoke monster (which I don't like as a theory) -- but I think most likely is that they are all tied to the ultimate mystery of the island but they are distinct. I think, somehow, Jacob is the most powerful of all these "ghosts" or whatever you want to call them.

The episode answered a huge question about the Hostiles and the Purge. It seems like the powerful people all along where the Hostiles. The Dharma Initiative workers looked weak and unimportant in comparison. Since it appears the Hostiles have been around forever, I think they are the survivors. They are the survivors of Black Rock and of other accidents. They are each recruited, not by Dharma, but by Jacob and whatever connections this group has in the real world.

Further, given the strange nature of Alvar Hanso, I think he may be working with the Hostiles/Others even though he was a founder of Dharma. Or maybe not.... But I think there's more to it.

Anyway, I'm starting to think the whole Dharma Initiative was just to throw us off. But there's still a lot I can't explain so I need to think about it all more.

Back to the Losties, it's good to see that Jack and Juliet have turned on the Others. If it's war they want, it's war they'll get!!!!

Quote:
Jacob said 'help me'. He asked Locke to help him. meaning Ben is hurting him or using him or holding him???????? why the hell couldn't Locke see him? but Locke could hear him.
is this Lost's version of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

There is something bigger working here. Ben was manipulated by the Hostiles to kill Dharma. Ben's inability to cope with the fact that he killed his mother during birth, and his hatred for his father lead him to this. He essentially became evil. The devil found a suitable host. Remember what Sayid said after he interrogated Ben. He saw it in his eyes.

vector23, while I don't agree with what you said about Jacob being part of Dharma, I like what you said about Ben becoming pure evil. Plus, the "help me" is probably incredibly significant.

I just had a thought -- what if the gunpowder was meant to keep Jacob in his place? What if it was Ben who put it there?

Quote:
First Ben seems to be simply a recruit of the hostiles.
How does Ben come the leader? Is he also manipulating
them now? They all seem to take his orders and are
aware of Jacob, but have never seen him either. But how
does a little kid... who ends up killing his people, become
the leader and did the Others know about Jacob already?

Going off my mini-theory, I think Jacob recruited Ben, and it was very specific. Notice how the circumstances that brought Ben to the island were eerily similar to the ways in which other people were brought to the island?

Quote:
vector23..........you are def on point. I am very impressed. Your one of the few that has made insightful guesses towards the show. You, Flatbush, Justhotkicks and whywesteppin has been on track for the longest. I applaud you guys.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Obviously, relationships with fathers are greatly emphasized, with Ben's relationship with his father being the most influential. I'm glad the writers chose to reveal the significance of fathers in the storyline.

What I don't understand is, Ben isn't a dumb guy. He knows that somehow his presence on the island means women can not survive during childbirth. This was pretty obvious after the opening scenes. So why go after all the women?

As for Richard Alpert, I don't know if they were trying to point out that he doesn't age, or if they just did a terrible job at trying to make him look young. Another thing about Richard is that he always seems to be dressed very neatly, or seems to have access to a shower or something.

SPOILER ALERT: HIGHLIGHT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I don't think Locke is dead. According to a video I saw (concerning May season finales, it stated that the season finale will include a huge showdown between Jack and Locke, meaning he can't be dead.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"We're at Threat Level: Midnight!" - Michael Scott​

justhotkicks, you cleared up a lot of things for me with your post. Thanks.

Especially the part about Ben killing his mother off in the opening scene. Wow, I completely did not pick up on that.... And I guess it's obvious now that Ben's not really Alex's father (not sure why I ever thought that to begin with).

All the aging stuff makes no sense. Ben didn't appear to age but somehow Alex was raised under him and she's now 16? Another thing that I mentioned earlier -- Ben is born near Portland. Now, I haven't been to Portland, but is it warm enough to drive with the top down and not wear jackets in December? Cause, in island time, Ben celebrates his birthday and it's currently December on the island.

And thanks for the mini-spoiler. I had read that earlier but it's now a very big clue given what we saw.

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
4L8O15S16T23!42​

yea locke and jack def have a showdown in the season finale so hes not dead but........

lilly just said the season finale is amazing and she is might fine.....i wish i can grab her bottom

Quote:
Since it appears the Hostiles have been around forever, I think they are the survivors. They are the survivors of Black Rock and of other accidents. They are each recruited, not by Dharma, but by Jacob and whatever connections this group has in the real world.

I like this thought. That Jacob is the most powerful, and
is somehow bringing people to the island (losties & Ben).

I think the black powder, will have some very critical meaning.
As soon as I saw that trail, or border, it seemed as if
Ben & Locke were stepping into a new area. It goes
very far, and probably marks off the difference between the
two areas. I don't know, something's definitely going on there.

As far as why Ben is still around..... despite his evilness,
he might actually be there to figure out why he killed his
mother (or any mother).

When everyone was watching the very first scene, did
you guys assume that you were on the island? I did...as soon
as they walked into the road..... I had flashbacks of the
movie "The Village"... I was REALLY ANGRY at lost
for a few seconds.

Quote:
When everyone was watching the very first scene, did
you guys assume that you were on the island? As soon
as they walked into the road..... I had flashbacks of the
movie "The Village"... I was REALLY ANGRY at lost
for a few seconds.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Good news guys!

I just got an email letting me know I got my summer internship at the DHARAM Initiative this summer. I guess I will be working at the Pearl Station. I leave next Wed.

Wish me luck!
If hates the gate to peace, this is the last stop.

Quote:
And I guess it's obvious now that Ben's not really Alex's father (not sure why I ever thought that to begin with).

I myself don't really believe it, but we can't rule it out. I may be mistaken, do both the baby and the mother die, or is it just the mother? I recall the mother being the only one dying, so Alex still could be his. Then who could the mother be? How about that little girl that gave him the wooden dolls? I don't know if she was taken aside before the purge, but the wooden doll was a recurring theme in today's episode. It's probably used to signify Ben's birthday aka the day his mother died, but that little girl HAS to have some importance.

Could that little girl be Rousseau? They're about the same age, and she seems good with a rifle, something that the Dharma Initiative members seemed equipped with. If she did give birth to Alex, why isn't she dead? Argh!!!! So confusing. It's like solving a jigsaw puzzle with a blindfold on.

I guess we can also signify the importance of Locke killing Cooper. Ben was ready to kill his father, which may have catapulted him to a leadership role. When the Hostiles came back into the camp with the dead Dharmites, he seemed like the leader. I guess with Ben's logic (however deranged it may be), if Locke was ready to kill his own father, then he would be "ready". Just like what Ben's mother told him. He wasn't ready yet, until he knew he would kill his father. Dude is patient though.

And finally,

Quote:
Ben is born near Portland.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"We're at Threat Level: Midnight!" - Michael Scott​

hahaha Dekthai i was totally thinking about The Village too! especially when he tests out the fences...

Quote:
or the old man who shovels snow from "Home Alone"
:lol:
laugh.gif

i was really into the seventh seal theory...now i'm not so sure. watching ben try to talk to jacob at first i really thought he was just crazy. anyway, i wonder who that little girl grew up to be...

god damn this is the best episode so far
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
4L8O15S16T23!42

I have a feeling Locke is still alive.

He fell 8 damn stories from a window and didn't he get a cut last week and it healed up a day after?
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

what the @#%$ Locke dead?
anyone see Sayid tackle someone in the preview haha
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
4L8O15S16T23!42

I hope and prey that was not the last we've seen of Locke, especially with this war coming up.
A religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion

Quote:
I guess we can also signify the importance of Locke killing Cooper. Ben was ready to kill his father, which may have catapulted him to a leadership role. When the Hostiles came back into the camp with the dead Dharmites, he seemed like the leader. I guess with Ben's logic (however deranged it may be), if Locke was ready to kill his own father, then he would be "ready". Just like what Ben's mother told him. He wasn't ready yet, until he knew he would kill his father. Dude is patient though.
Influential
You Tryna Speak The Chi Language?​

Anybody else agree that the reason Locke was "special" to Ben was because Ben knew Locke was the only one that could hear Jacob?
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Wow....

The episode was a lil slow at first and had me thinking it was another filler type episode. Then came the last 10 minutes. CRAZY.

I, myself don't think Locke is done.

Ben is one twisted Mo Fo.

The season finale is shaping up to be real good. I just hope it doesn't end on a let down. I hated the season 2 ending....

That lil girl who befriended Ben is also the lil girl on Heroes....right?

Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!

HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

Killing fathers, sterile fathers, dying mothers? I have a feeling like the point of the show is to find ways to end the human race.
Real eyes realize real lies!

ben could see jacob, but not hear him

locke can hear jacob, but not see him

hmmm...
TEAM RESeLLOR
TEAM KOBE Member #1

Back
Top Bottom