OFFICIAL: Manny Pacquiao v.s. Joshua Clottey - Saturday March 13th, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Tehas

lol

clottey was in that position the whole fight though
smh.gif

i can see Pac vs Mayweather comparable to Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler.   Pac vs Shane Mosley can be similar to Hagler Hearns

Mayweather: Pacquiao Got Exposed as One-Dimensional

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was one of the many people who watched MannyPacquiao retain his WBO welterweight title on Saturday night with atwelve round unanimous decision over Joshua Clottey. Pacquiao dominatedthe action for twelve full rounds. Even with the dominatingperformance, Mayweather was not impressed. He thought Pacquiao wasexposed as a one-dimensional fighter by Clottey. He promised to givethe fans a much better action-packed fight against Shane Mosley on May1.

“I think Pacquiao gave the fans a boring fight. He waspunching his arms for all 12 rounds. At least when you watch FloydMayweather you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutesstraight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st," Mayweather told CageReport.

"Personally, I think Pacquiao got exposed in that fightfor being one-dimensional. You can have all [the] offense ability inthe world but with no defense you’re not going to last long against agood counter puncher such as myself. Look at the way Clottey wasgetting through, each time he threw something it landed. Then at theend Pacquiao’s was all busted up, when’s the last time you’ve seen myface all messed up like that? That’s the difference between an amateurand a true pound for pound boxer.

Stringer Bell 32 wrote:
“I think Pacquiao gave the fans a boring fight. He waspunching his arms for all 12 rounds. At least when you watch FloydMayweather you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutesstraight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st," Mayweather told CageReport.

lol how does he have the nerve to say taht when he always gives us boring fights.
dude is a tool.

I can't believe that pacquiao didn't knock him out, Mayweather sucks as a boxer. I hope sugar beat mayweather.

The only reason why he'spopular is because he's an ethnic minority and from the Philippines soit's something special. If he was from Africa he would be just anotherboxer.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

the casual sports fan who only watches boxing to see a knockout probably cant appreciate the skill and science of Mayweather and I understand that so its not a big deal, but a true fight fan sayin PBF vs Pac will be boring, puzzles me. if thats the case why the $+@* would Mayweather Mosley be exciting? #!%$ makes no sense if u just use your head instead of piggybacking off the corny +%! HBO announcing crew

Pac's speed & angles coupled with mayweathers speed and style make for an intensely entertaining fight.

theres a TREMENDOUS difference between Floyd head movement and ALWAYS being in position to counterpunch then the cowardice cover up approach of Clottey who was Never even in position to shoot even a single punch during openings.

PacMan is crazy skilled but in a fight vs mayweather I honestly dont see Floyd landing less than 55% of his punches. Pac's defense just isnt good enough for my liking when facing someone of equal speed (JMM comes to mind) , but Im nitpicking
happy.gif

#1) Mayweather/Mosley may not be exciting, but will def be interesting because finally Mayweather is fighting a legit Welterweight.
#2)Mayweather/entertaining fight never happens regardless of the opponent.
#3) Youre absolutely correct!
#4)Clottey and Mayweather's style are totally different as you already know. I believe Pacman got hit with many shots because Clottey invited him by letting him purposley hit him with flurries allowing Clottey to engage in sneaking in those nice shots during Pacs assault. Floyd is not willing to do that.  Styles make fights and Floyds lead right and back away left hook probably are gonna be around the same punch output as Clottey did in the fight. Dont think Floyd is gonna completely dominate Pacman. You have to exchange with Pacman to be successful and I dont know if FLoyd is willing to do that. JMM landed a few solid shots on Floyd with no follow up punches(just because he is so slow). Pacman actually follows up with speedy combinations. I wana see how Floyd deals with that.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by jdiaz713

I can't believe that pacquiao didn't knock him out, Mayweather sucks as a boxer. I hope sugar beat mayweather.
indifferent.gif

Efff Your Avatar! It sucks! lol Im still salty because that broke up the Spurs 3PEAT!

#2)Mayweather/entertaining fight never happens regardless of the opponent.

PBF/hatton
pbf/Zab
pbf/chico
pbf/jlc
pbf/gatti
were all exciting. not floyds fault DLH JMM and Baldomir couldnt hold up there end, same way its not Manny's fault Joshua turned cooch and fought like a scared lil girl

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was one of the many people who watched MannyPacquiao retain his WBO welterweight title on Saturday night with atwelve round unanimous decision over Joshua Clottey. Pacquiao dominatedthe action for twelve full rounds. Even with the dominatingperformance, Mayweather was not impressed. He thought Pacquiao wasexposed as a one-dimensional fighter by Clottey. He promised to givethe fans a much better action-packed fight against Shane Mosley on May1.

"Personally, I think Pacquiao got exposed in that fightfor being one-dimensional. You can have all [the] offense ability inthe world but with no defense you’re not going to last long against agood counter puncher such as myself. Look at the way Clottey wasgetting through, each time he threw something it landed. Then at theend Pacquiao’s was all busted up, when’s the last time you’ve seen myface all messed up like that? That’s the difference between an amateurand a true pound for pound boxer.

Originally Posted by LakeShow24k

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by kix4kix

If pacman stans actually knew something about boxing it wouldn't be so annoying

I have a question, if you support pacman or give him props, does that make you a stan? Because by the looks of it, everybody calls us stans or annoying
laugh.gif

Like.... ummm... just shut up already!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

If pacman stans actually knew something about boxing it wouldn't be so annoying

Define " Pacman Stans " ...because i consider myself a Pacman fan, i enjoyed watching his fights and stuff.. i don't consider myself a boxing head but i dont mind giving my own opinions based from watching him fight..

Am i a " Stan " ? ...It seemed like people should be a boxing head first before they can comment on this judging by your stupid comment..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Stringer Bell 32 wrote:

lol how does he have the nerve to say taht when he always gives us boring fights.
dude is a tool.

i have never found any of PBF fights boring
eyes.gif
his speed is amazing i always enjoy his fights

with that said im not a Pac fan but its not his fault that fight was boring
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

same way its not Manny's fault Joshua turned cooch and fought like a scared lil girl
just DL'ed and watched the fight late last night...boy was that hard to watch good thing i didn't waste my money on that PPV....clottey looked like Winky minus the offense

Back
Top Bottom