OFFICIAL: Manny Pacquiao v.s. Joshua Clottey - Saturday March 13th, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Tehas

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
SHWAP

nah, he wasnt hurt...

that was just some clown ++*@. he was trying to discourage Manny.

yall see manny interview on espnnews? wow his face was scraped up off 108 punches, Im worried if hewould have to fight Shane.

REAL TALK

manny is that dude when it comes to combos and angles...but at this level he cant handle a CLEAN hits. if someone gets a hold of him...lights out. easier said than done though

cotto hit him a couple times cleanly and i swear to god manny's head was looking like a basketball...bouncing back and forth. problem with cotto was that he would stop and would let manny regain his composure. granted manny was throwing punches crazy that fight and is fast as lightning
Clottey hit him with consecutive uppercuts and Manny ate them. It's gonna take a big fast puncher like Shane to get him hurt.

What an awful display of boxing, straight pathetic effort.

Nothing more than a pay me fight.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

laugh.gif
SHWAP

nah, he wasnt hurt...

yall see manny interview on espnnews? wow his face was scraped up off 108 punches, Im worried if hewould have to fight Shane.

REAL TALK

manny is that dude when it comes to combos and angles...but at this level he cant handle a CLEAN hits. if someone gets a hold of him...lights out. easier said than done though

cotto hit him a couple times cleanly and i swear to god manny's head was looking like a basketball...bouncing back and forth. problem with cotto was that he would stop and would let manny regain his composure. granted manny was throwing punches crazy that fight and is fast as lightning

What fight were you watching? Manny took clean hits from Clottey and he just said, eh. He took clean hits from Cotto and just said, eh. Manny can take hits as proven vs Cotto and Clottey.

Sure the fight lacked suspense but we were fortunate to see the range and ability of Pacman. He threw 1200+ punches and did not get fatigued. He learned that he couldn't depend on power to beat Clottey's defense, so he used technique. Sure Pac got hit a lot, but he can take punches. This man is dangerous. No fatigue, smart & aggressive, and he can take hits. You're in denial if you don't believe Manny Pacquiao is the pound for pound King of the Ring.

laugh.gif
SHWAP

nah, he wasnt hurt...

that was just some clown #+%@. he was trying to discourage Manny.

I was thinking that too. Would be a HELLUVA fight...similar slugger type styles. I honestly think Shane would get the better of Pacquiao.

Originally Posted by ptngina

What fight were you watching? Manny took clean hits from Clottey and he just said, eh. He took clean hits from Cotto and just said, eh. Manny can take hits as proven vs Cotto and Clottey.
Neither Cotto or Clottey has the punching power at this time.

Furthermore, there's no current power puncher, that's willing to fight, quick enough to get Manny flush in the head/face right now.

People here/there would say (pre-fight) that both Cotto [don't even mention Mike Jennings] and Clottey are big, strong fighters with knockout power. I begged to differ way before.

No one can conclude he can take hits based off of these two past fights. I feel that Manny's chin still remains significantly untested in the welterweight div.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Furthermore, there's no current power puncher, that's willing to fight, quick enough to get Manny flush in the head/face right now.

People here/there would say (pre-fight) that both Cotto [don't even mention Mike Jennings] and Clottey are big, strong fighters with knockout power. I begged to differ way before.

No one can conclude he can take hits based off of these two past fights. I feel that Manny's chin still remains significantly untested in the welterweight div.

So who exactly is supposed to test that then?

I don't know why people are suprised at the outcome of this fight. Clottey has ALWAYS been excatly who we saw in the ring today. Dude did his job and that's be a sub and make manny look good.

I'm a Manny fan but I believe that Mayweather will tag him, and I hate Mayweather. If Clottey was way more active he could have done some damage, but then again Manny would probably knocked him down or even KO'd him because of those openings. Pac's work rate was ridiculous, and if he only hit 20% against Clottey, I don't even want to think of what it would be against May. Mr. Boatbuyer's ability to counter punch, tenacious D, and score on clean punches will probably win him the decision. I'm still hopeful that Pac destroys him though LOL

SMFH
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Clottey is a scared !%% !@+++. SMFH. What a boring !%% fight good thing I ain't spend $60 for this.....

Bring on May or Mosely I dont give a F GET IT DONE....

EDIT: Props to Gunna he called that fight from page 1
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Sure the fight lacked suspense but we were fortunate to see the range and ability of Pacman. He threw 1200+ punches and did not get fatigued. He learned that he couldn't depend on power to beat Clottey's defense, so he used technique. Sure Pac got hit a lot, but he can take punches. This man is dangerous. No fatigue, smart & aggressive, and he can take hits. You're in denial if you don't believe Manny Pacquiao is the pound for pound King of the Ring.

Pretty much sums up how I felt about the fight. Manny has got some real skill. Hes not just a "bar room brawler" a lot of the NT haters like to call him
laugh.gif

I was impressed all around. I mean 1,231 punches???
eek.gif
.  Pac really is a freakin machine

someone ps clottey as a ninja turtle because thats what he was that whole fight. dude stayed in that little shell of his.

laugh.gif
SHWAP

nah, he wasnt hurt...

imo it looked he was hurt and tryin to play it off by dancing but then again, i dont know boxing.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Cotto and Clottey are top 5 pound4pound/welterweight(Clottey may even be considered as a Middle weight. He usually fights at 154-160 lb). They have power. We can conclude that Manny can take hits from true welterweight based on the punches Clottey and Cotto landed on Manny. Both fighters landed solid shots/upper cuts on Manny. These 2 fighters are clearly stronger than Manny. Based on the few punches that connected and how Manny's face look after the fight, these punches are stronger than what Manny has received in the past.

well...that was boring....

it was like watching the same round....TWELVE TIMES

i kind feel this is how pac vs may would look like...just a tad more excitement cause of may's taunts..and maybe a few good tags in the inside...and pac could jerk may around a bit cause he looks smaller than clottey....and with a couple of punches clottey affected pac a bit

%%$!!*# clottey

Huh? Cotto and Clottey without punching power? Hatton too?

What other things will yall try to say to discredit Manny?

He was taking clean shots from ALL of them and was just eating them like it was nothing. He might hav gotten hit with a good punch but he was never hurt or rocked.

If you wanna pick apart anything from Manny it's his defense. Even though it got better as the fight wore on, Clottey was still landing clean jabs and uppercuts.

^Hatton never even touch Manny in that fight bo. Hatton was never a big puncher to begin with just a pressure fighter.

I understand based on what happened it's cool to bad mouth Clottey but the same style we saw last night was the same style that's won him a bunch of fights. Put on the "earmuffs" and counter. But that type of style doesn't work against someone like Manny.

Same with the Winky Wright/Paul Williams fight...Winky had beaten plenty of people with that earmuff and counter style but when a fighter has a tremendous work rate and stamina (ie Paul Williams), that style becomes ineffective because the "earmuff" fighter will never really get a chance to counter.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have any heart, I'd just say that his style prevented him from being effective in this fight.

Back
Top Bottom