Official mental health and group therapy thread. Get it off your chest

a bit of grave digging here, but i was about to start a similar thread. 

all living things need help at one point in life. 

so why not talk to those who are willing to listen. 

so im bring this back to the top.

use it!

I wanted to make a post like this for the last few months.

I'm at a bad point of my life. I am unemployed and I can't seem to catch a break. I don't know what to do with my life, often thinking what if I was not here. 

I been working with the PO for the last 7 months, I quit because I was offered a driving job somewhere else. The job I was offered had me train then said I can not be insured to drive for them due to a moving violation and accident I have on my record. I figured okay maybe I could work in the office but they do not have any other non-driving positions for me. That quickly no job. I seriously hated the PO I could not stand it I was not treated good by management, they wanted me to work 6-7 days a week just to get 40 hours. They push and pull you working you to the point of exhaustion. It was effecting my body, appetite, attitude, my relationships. I could not see myself delivering mail for the rest of my life. They tell you there are other opportunities but really its not all that easy to get into anything else in there. I quickly felt that I didn't get paid enough for the amount of things we had to worry about and deal with daily, and the fact that I was not a regular employee yet after 7 months of doing it. I never felt appreciated, or good for the amount of work I put in there. Every day was a drag even the ones where I got a route done early. Very few happy faces are seen there unless you are a manager. 

So my "non-career" mailman career ended. I figured I'd find a job pretty quick I have worked 15 jobs my life, I have experience I haven't worked at a place longer than 2 years that is my downfall. I think that is what is hurting me from getting jobs. I have only had two jobs in which I would have liked to have stayed at if I wasn't laid off. I do not have a college degree just HS diploma. I know that is another thing that holds me back from getting a job.  Can't drive for uber (car is too old)

I have no money coming in my last check came and I sold a few pairs of shoes I was able to pay my bills for the month. Next month I don't know, I'm Negative a few hundred.  CC about 3K debt. I have 10 shoes for sale right now but haven't sold anything within the last week. My gf is able to pay our rent. She can't afford to pay my bills. 

I apply to jobs everyday, had phone interviews, in person interviews still have not found anything. Its hard to sit at home not working everyday. I do go to the gym alone and then again with my gf. Me and her relationship is great, we go places and do things like regular couples, the only thing is that I don't have a job or money coming in. We have ate struggle meals a few times this month 

I have been so depressed the last several weeks. I don't know what to do anymore. I haven't found what I want to do career wise. I am not educated. All I have been doing my life is just try to get by. I don't want to just get by I want to be happy with myself and successful. I have never been in a position I felt successful. I see people on here, social media people in person, people I've went to school with has by far past me in life. It feels like I'm sinking but really I'm here but can't level up. I can't be the only person in a similar situation.

Cliffs: Quit job for another job, job fell-through, unemployed, broke, depressed, giving up.

I feel like this is a plea for help but no help ever comes. 

It feels good to get this out, I hope there is someone who can relate, give advice or say anything about all this...

Hold your head up man. Stop comparing other people to yourself as well.
We all have a different path in life. Don't believe the **** you see on social media. So many frauds out there.
You got a girl that has your back. :pimp: That's more than a lot of dudes can say.

I'm at a bad point of my life. I am unemployed and I can't seem to catch a break. I don't know what to do with my life, often thinking what if I was not here. 

I been working with the PO for the last 7 months, I quit because I was offered a driving job somewhere else. The job I was offered had me train then said I can not be insured to drive for them due to a moving violation and accident I have on my record. I figured okay maybe I could work in the office but they do not have any other non-driving positions for me. That quickly no job. I seriously hated the PO I could not stand it I was not treated good by management, they wanted me to work 6-7 days a week just to get 40 hours. They push and pull you working you to the point of exhaustion. It was effecting my body, appetite, attitude, my relationships. I could not see myself delivering mail for the rest of my life. They tell you there are other opportunities but really its not all that easy to get into anything else in there. I quickly felt that I didn't get paid enough for the amount of things we had to worry about and deal with daily, and the fact that I was not a regular employee yet after 7 months of doing it. I never felt appreciated, or good for the amount of work I put in there. Every day was a drag even the ones where I got a route done early. Very few happy faces are seen there unless you are a manager. 

So my "non-career" mailman career ended. I figured I'd find a job pretty quick I have worked 15 jobs my life, I have experience I haven't worked at a place longer than 2 years that is my downfall. I think that is what is hurting me from getting jobs. I have only had two jobs in which I would have liked to have stayed at if I wasn't laid off. I do not have a college degree just HS diploma. I know that is another thing that holds me back from getting a job.  Can't drive for uber (car is too old)

I have no money coming in my last check came and I sold a few pairs of shoes I was able to pay my bills for the month. Next month I don't know, I'm Negative a few hundred.  CC about 3K debt. I have 10 shoes for sale right now but haven't sold anything within the last week. My gf is able to pay our rent. She can't afford to pay my bills. 

I apply to jobs everyday, had phone interviews, in person interviews still have not found anything. Its hard to sit at home not working everyday. I do go to the gym alone and then again with my gf. Me and her relationship is great, we go places and do things like regular couples, the only thing is that I don't have a job or money coming in. We have ate struggle meals a few times this month 

I have been so depressed the last several weeks. I don't know what to do anymore. I haven't found what I want to do career wise. I am not educated. All I have been doing my life is just try to get by. I don't want to just get by I want to be happy with myself and successful. I have never been in a position I felt successful. I see people on here, social media people in person, people I've went to school with has by far past me in life. It feels like I'm sinking but really I'm here but can't level up. I can't be the only person in a similar situation.

Cliffs: Quit job for another job, job fell-through, unemployed, broke, depressed, giving up.

It feels good to get this out, I hope there is someone who can relate, give advice or say anything about all this...

Good luck fam everything will work out. Hold your head up

Have you been to your local unemployment office? They might have insight on some free career training programs. You want to hurry though because they fill up fast and funding is limited.

Yeah man - you actually sound better off than you think. You are unemployed with zero debt for the most part. Not that this helps - but lord have mercy it could be worse. It also sounds like your GF is supportive and trying to work with you. That is much more than most people married and 'happy' can say. And that is real talk.

Here is my real advice: What ever job you get - fight through it and get your school/certification game on in your free time. If you work at place but know and understand that it is just a necessary pit stop to get where you need the be years from now? Pretty much any job will be CAKE. Your attitude and expectations will be proper and you will get more opportunity and be able to get the most out of that job during your time there. Not only will you flourish, but that **** is contagious and people around you will flourish as well. It is all mental man.

And man - you really have to stop comparing yourself to others. We all have different circumstances and do/do not things for many reasons. And 95% of what you are looking at ain't even what it appears to be. Probably the most crucial things I have learned as I approach 31 :pimp:.

Stay up man. You know what it is. My PM is open to any NTer at anytime. :pimp:.

Last edited:
That advice on hitting your unemployment office is real. They will help if you're willing to help yourself. Got to dust yourself off and keep pushing forward. Think of the places you go with your girlfriend and what you guys enjoy doing. Whatever brings you happiness is what you should use your free time to get educated/certified in. In the meantime, try retail establishments. Also, I know you've work 15 jobs, but I hope you're not putting all them on your resume. If you want, you can PM it to me and I can help you with that. I currently work at an unemployment office.

To get on my own case, I took a break from my passion of pro wrestling to get my head right and body healed, but sometimes I'm scared to hop back into. I feel like I'm putting so much time in to living the normal 9-5 life and social gatherings, that my workouts have suffered, my pockets are drained, and I'm losing sight of my purpose in Houston. I know it's time to go, but I'm scared to. Even if I live here, I need to be traveling out of town and get back on my wrestling grind.

Last edited:
As I got older, I realized the more friends I have, the more anxiety I would have. I cut off social media and weeded out all the acquaintances that weren't true friends and I've been feeling much better since. If it doesn't make me feel happy, I don't want it in my life. I'll occasionally have a relapse and fall into a pit of depressive thoughts but I'll find a way to relieve myself of those thoughts. It's been better lately.

Last edited:
As I got older, I realized the more friends I have, the more anxiety I would have. I cut off social media and weeded out all the acquaintances that weren't true friends and I've been feeling much better since. If it doesn't make me feel happy, I don't want it in my life. I'll occasionally have a relapse and fall into a pit of depressive thoughts but I'll find a way to relieve myself of those thoughts. It's been better lately.
sounds like youre in a good head space and youre making the right descions to control your life.

just continue to tell yourself youre in control.  

seems like your active with the job search thats great! 

seems like your also not stagnant and just letting bills accumulate, your selling things you have to make ends meet or get some extra money in your pocket.  

stay active with selling items its a good way to come up with money.

stay on craigslist free section, go to thrift stores, start a service business if youre good at making things or cleaning. 

theres no way to make money that youll be too cool for or over qualified for income is income. 

as much as it might suck give it some time if you cant find anything and try to get back into the PO job. 

use it as a stepping stone this time around. 

you have a pillar of support with your gf if shes sticking by you and helping you out as she can. 

keep that relationship good dont argue dont let anything affect it. if its not about the relationship to let it taint it. 

keep business and  job issues separate from relationships.. 

dont let what youre going through take a hold over your mental health just scratch it off as part of life. 

do what you need to to get back on your feet. 

CC debt is whatever at this point, once you have money you can take care of those monthlys

being negetive isnt the best situation just because that continues to accumulate but when you get a chance go to your local bank branch and 

talk to a rep they might be able to knock some of the fees off if not all of them

just focus on getting a job, making hustle money, getting clear of your debt, and securing that bag. 

i know this advice is all over the place but i hope it helps. 

you need some confidence booster bro but trust me you got this.

Been having a tough time recently. I am not happy in any aspect of my life at all. Just starting seeing a therapist and she's recommended taking meds to help.

I've been having a relapse of depressive thoughts and have been going into a dark place. I have a good lady in my life which I'm afraid of using as a crutch to feel some sort of joy, I feel like she has the power to crush my soul because I feel like there's not much in me anymore. There's not much joy or emotion in me anymore but whatever is left, she can bring it to light. I can't help but have negative thoughts and unintentionally start pushing her away. I feel really selfish and inconsiderate for how I've been feeling.

Anyone heard of, or tried Talkspace?

It’s an app where you can speak to actual therapists for about $30/week.

Looking for experiences; thinking of trying it out.

Bringing this back up. There's too much going on in the world for everything to be "ok".

I know it's been a little rough for me personally. My mom and wife suggested that I may be depressed, and I finally took a step back and I see that they might be right...

I have been writing more, which is helping. It's too easy to bottle things back up though.

Bringing this back up. There's too much going on in the world for everything to be "ok".

I know it's been a little rough for me personally. My mom and wife suggested that I may be depressed, and I finally took a step back and I see that they might be right...

I have been writing more, which is helping. It's too easy to bottle things back up though.

I feel you. It's often harder on males. Especially in this country, we're conditioned to "bottle up" our emotions...otherwise we're beta. Eventually all that bottled up energy manifests itself as anger or sadness.

I'll always remember the quote from Dr. Melfi on the Sopranos: "depression is rage turned inwards." Essentially our shortcomings and frustrations get the best of us and we have no outlet to unload those emotions and it becomes a fight or flight type of response along a huge spectrum.

DBT might be helpful. Teaches valuable coping skills and mindfulness techniques.

Man. It is really hard to be ignorant these days that is for sure and it is bringing most people down.

As horrible as that sounds.

I just try to control what I can and try to be someone a person would want to imitate for non-superficial reasons.

I hardly drink these days, I workout, go to bed early, spend time with god, call friends, and practice drumming each day and man it is paying dividends.

But bro.

When I do the latter? :lol:

:rofl:

When I get caught up in that herd? Like, by this age I gotta be this. And I gotta make this much money. And my girl gotta be this. Gotta drive that. Got hit the bars. Gotta look like this or that etc.

Man my life slowly starts to unravel. It is a slow unwind but it is an unwind.

I find myself being anxious more often. Behavior being a little more impulsive. So that means more poor decision making. Next thing you know I am escaping a little more. Personal goals not really getting worked on.

Not only that. Seems like somehow I am not as good a listener as I should be. Maybe not as compassionate or patient as I should be. Just overall more self interested.

Basically, suddenly there will be a lot of noise in my life which could eventually lead to depression.

Not sure why I said all that.

Last edited:
This page is tough. Anyone in the DFW that wants to link up and kick it. I’m all ears, got a few issues myself. But I’m just looking for new friends. Everyone is against my right now .. and I’m tired of seeing the same faces. Hit my line.

Last edited:
Once you find out you are in fact mentally unhealthy and your lack of mental health has been on full display, how do you face people? Especially, the ones that have turned their backs to you.

Thanks for bringing this back up. This should be pinned for real, but oh well...

Been seeing a therapist weekly for the last month and plan to keep it that way as long as I can afford it.

Wild out here but I’m holdin it all down.

Back
Top Bottom