Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

DubA169 wrote:
I wanna see lebron is massive foul trouble two games in a row. I'm sure his fans would be fine with it. Okc didn't even get a home court.

Although that phantom call pretty much finished them first.

If you saw the call late in Game 3, you know what I'm talking about. Unless you're a Heat fan, and then never mind. For everyone else, you saw Thunder guard James Harden harassing James on the perimeter, pressuring the ball loose and then staying uncomfortably close as James regained control. As Harden hovered nearby, James lurched into him once, then twice. The second time, Harden went to the floor.

Flop? Probably, yeah. But when the official blew his whistle, it wasn't a 50-50 call because there were three options, two of them favoring the Thunder: One, no call at all. Two, a charge on James. Three, blocking on Harden. The referee went with No. 3, and the game was basically over. The three-time MVP was given two free throws with 16.2 seconds left, needing to hit just one to put the game essentially out of reach. James hit one.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/ ... f-the-time

he's a !#$#+$! imbecile.  No Call or a Charge... why should OKC be rewarded for Harden flopping?

Furthermore the league has always been about superstars getting calls... from LeBron to Kobe to Shaq to Mike and so on and so on... That doesn't change.  LeBron is going to get that call 9 out of 10 times.  Durant would get the same call in that situation if Battier did what Harden did.

Anyone who says otherwise is speaking from blind hate or dumb as @@%+.

You're upset they lost fine, did LeBron get away with one in game 2? sure. But that doesn't change the fact that 4 out of KD's 5 fouls yesterday were legit fouls... Stupid undisciplined ones at that, ESPECIALLY the 3 he committed on LeBron (two weak !#% reach ins and attempting to take that charge when he had 4)  Place the blame where it lies KD has to make better decisions defensively.

I think all the people want is consistency....if you are going to swallow the whistle in Game 2, then swallow it in Game 3 and let the players decide it.  Should have been a no call on Harden's dive as both players were initiating contact with each other.  If Harden chooses to hit the deck....cool, but don't blow the whistle, just play on. 

Too many players try to draw offensive fouls instead of playing quality D.

I cannot stand when players jump underneath a man driving to the hoop and act like it's a charge. NBA needs to change that rule as it is taking away a lot of great drives to the basket and rewarding people for sliding in under an offensive player who has already made his move. 

Like I said, no one goes crazy for a call that should have went against KD but didn't. Now everyone wants to reward a flop. *%@% is crazy. Where's the KD criticism that Bron has been getting for disappearing in the fourth?

Yea, let's say the refs gave the Heat the game. Not that Bosh/Bron and the rest of the defense are shutting down the Thunder and have completely cut off the fast break game in 2 & 3. Or that the defense is cutting down on the passing lanes/extra passes on offense for the Thunder. Or that the best FT shooting team in the league has the jitters at the line now. Or that James Harden is proving the critics right that he can't lead the offense on his own.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

OKC could really use a stretch 4.

i dont really think so.. i just dont think brooks is using what we have correctly in this series

westbrook has been effective on wade, so let him start out guarding him

thabo should be on lebron.. he's only going get 20 mins or so anyways, so who cares if he gets in foul trouble.. and we need to use cook more off the bench.. hell maybe even lazar for a bit on lebron (he has 6 fouls
eyes.gif
)

which leads to the most important change from the last 2 games, we obviously need KD to available to have a chance at winning.. so that means KD shouldn't be guarding lebron and/or wade for a ton of mins throughout the game

and lineups miami throws out makes this very doable.. with the present starters, you put KD on battier or chalmers.. when guys like mike miller or jones are in the game, you put him on them.. hell i would even consider putting him on haslim for a bit.. or using the 3-2 zone more often throughout the course of the game

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

OKC could really use a stretch 4.
I think a true backup SF would be more ideal given Durant can play PF when the Thunder go small.

Daequan Cook.
laugh.gif

If you truly, truly believe that the officiating has NOT determined the outcome of both games 2 & 3: than you are as delusional.

Both times down the stretch, the refs granted the Miami Heat extra free-throws to either end a run by the Thunder, or prevent one. I don't care what you have to say about the past, or how superstars are giving these calls - LIKE IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE or something. I'm not here to watch game play stopped every 30-40 seconds because the refs want their 15 seconds of fame.

@!*! is reminiscent of 06 all over again.

%$+% is disgusting. If I have to worry about WHO is officiating the game, then obviously there is a problem with this game.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I think all the people want is consistency....if you are going to swallow the whistle in Game 2, then swallow it in Game 3 and let the players decide it.  Should have been a no call on Harden's dive as both players were initiating contact with each other.  If Harden chooses to hit the deck....cool, but don't blow the whistle, just play on. 

First they didn't swallow the whistle in game 2... if you're talking about that last play between KD & Bron then I'll just quote what I said in the NBA thread:

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Bron didn't get that foul called on him at the end of Game 2 for two reasons: The official was in poor position to make a call on the play and Bron has a reputation as a great defender which he is. 

So when you put the two of them against each other defensively LeBron's status as a defender and an superstar himself cancel out KD getting superstar calls against him.  On the other end KD is not known as even a good defender and he commits stupid fouls so he's liable to pick up fouls against aggressive players of the same status.  That's just common sense, has nothing to do with KD being disrespected.  When KD is aggressive he DEFINITELY gets his calls.

Did Bron get away with one? Of Course... But that was more because of the two reasons I stated above.

Finally, Why should Harden be rewarded a No Call for PURPOSELY flopping.  He was looking at the ref for the call before he even hit the ground.  That's the exact behavior fans have been disgusted by, some of which have even went as far to ask Stern to fine players who do it and yet here we have fans and journalist saying he should've been given a No Call.

That's mind blowing to me.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If you truly, truly believe that the officiating has NOT determined the outcome of both games 2 & 3: than you are as delusional.

Both times down the stretch, the refs granted the Miami Heat extra free-throws to either end a run by the Thunder, or prevent one. I don't care what you have to say about the past, or how superstars are giving these calls - LIKE IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE or something.

+!!! is disgusting. If I have to worry about WHO is officiating the game, then obviously there is a problem with this game.
The game came down to OKC's Ibaka/Fisher fouling jump shooters and OKC missing free throws.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Bottom line, the Thunder, like Dallas has to TAKE the series, because the refs and the Heat aren't going to do them any favors. Folks in here saying the refs had nothing to do with loss, are blind or Heat fans. Joey Crawford wouldn't be trending on Twitter if something fishy weren't going.on

Twitter says something is up I guess that's case closed dudes need to grow up honestly

Only reason you're looking for it is because people are looking for anything to explain why things are not going the way that they want them to go. That's why you have asinine stats and people search for any other reason than the obvious to explain what is going on on the hardwood. 3 weeks ago legions of people didn't know Joey Crawford, from Danny Crawford, Jamal Crawford or Cindy Crawford, now all of a sudden he's getting more airtime then Scotty Brooks or Spolestra. All it takes is for one dumb claim to catch on and become a perfect clutch to stand on.

LeBron is a better defender absolutely, helps he doesn't get called for fouls. The no call to end the game 2 on KDs shot attempt was more contact than over half the whistles the Thunder and KD got called against him.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Both times down the stretch, the refs granted the Miami Heat extra free-throws to either end a run by the Thunder, or prevent one. I don't care what you have to say about the past, or how superstars are giving these calls - LIKE IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE or something.

+!!! is disgusting. If I have to worry about WHO is officiating the game, then obviously there is a problem with this game.
The game came down to OKC's Ibaka/Fisher fouling jump shooters and OKC missing free throws.

I'll let a Heat fan tell it...
eyes.gif

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
laugh.gif
Dudes citing Twitter trends as to proof that there's fishy refereeing
laugh.gif

I think you're missing the point.

If a specific referee is being exploited on social networks, than obviously there is a problem.

Bottom line is this. The Heat are winning games because of officiating. Nothing else to %!%@#%* say.

First they didn't swallow the whistle in game 2... if you're talking about that last play between KD & Bron then I'll just quote what I said in the NBA thread:

Bron didn't get that foul called on him at the end of Game 2 for two reasons: The official was in poor position to make a call on the play and Bron has a reputation as a great defender which he is. 

So when you put the two of them against each other defensively LeBron's status as a defender and an superstar himself cancel out KD getting superstar calls against him.  On the other end KD is not known as even a good defender and he commits stupid fouls so he's liable to pick up fouls against aggressive players of the same status.  That's just common sense, has nothing to do with KD being disrespected.  When KD is aggressive he DEFINITELY gets his calls.

Did Bron get away with one? Of Course... But that was more because of the two reasons I stated above.

Finally, Why should Harden be rewarded a No Call for PURPOSELY flopping.  He was looking at the ref for the call before he even hit the ground.  That's the exact behavior fans have been disgusted by, some of which have even went as far to ask Stern to fine players who do it and yet here we have fans and journalist saying he should've been given a No Call.

That's mind blowing to me.

So Lebron's reputation negates an obvious foul?  That is a delusional train of thought.  This is why there are multiple officials watching a play at the end of the game. 

And a No Call is not a reward, you just play on.  Him falling down gives Lebron the advantage or not having a defender on him, so you play on and his punishment is him sitting on his backside watching the play go on without him. 

Fans of either team/players sound delusional and biased in their resonses.  It is almost laughable to see some of these justifications. 

I just want to see good games, consistentcy by the refs, and players decide the finishes. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Only reason you're looking for it is because people are looking for anything to explain why things are not going the way that they want them to go. That's why you have asinine stats and people search for any other reason than the obvious to explain what is going on on the hardwood. 3 weeks ago legions of people didn't know Joey Crawford, from Danny Crawford, Jamal Crawford or Cindy Crawford, now all of a sudden he's getting more airtime then Scotty Brooks or Spolestra. All it takes is for one dumb claim to catch on and become a perfect clutch to stand on.

Preach

The point of the Twitter reference is, a NBA referee, a REFEREE, not a player, A REF, is being talked about by thousands if not millions of people. That is a problem.

Because we all know sports fans on social networks don't have takes worthy of clinical therapy.

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
laugh.gif
Dudes citing Twitter trends as to proof that there's fishy refereeing
laugh.gif

I think you're missing the point.

If a specific referee is being exploited on social networks, than obviously there is a problem.

Bottom line is this. The Heat are winning games because of officiating. Nothing else to %!%@#%* say.

yea you right I guess the refs made Harden miss shots and made him flop they had to tell KD to turn it over a few times as well refs must of tipped that layup in for Bron against Perkins too I wonder if you where crying bout Bron getting calls in Cleveland? Yea doubt that man up series ain't playing how cats wanted now everybody's acting like lil girls its been one of the more exciting finals in years just enjoy the games

So Lebron's reputation negates an obvious foul?  That is a delusional train of thought. This is why there are multiple officials watching a play at the end of the game.

And a No Call is not a reward, you just play on. Him falling down gives Lebron the advantage or not having a defender on him, so you play on and his punishment is him sitting on his backside watching the play go on without him.

Fans of either team/players sound delusional and biased in their resonses. It is almost laughable to see some of these justifications.

I just want to see good games, consistentcy by the refs, and players decide the finishes.

1) I never said that. Stop attempting to infer what I meant and just address what was said. In fact if you scroll up to my previous post I definitely said that Bron got away with a foul. I never said it was right. I never stated that his reputation negated the foul. Stop That.

There are 3 officials watching that play of which it is the responsibility of the BASE LINE ref to make that call. The other officials do not have a vantage point that allows you to make that call. Now to the Base line official... He Was Behind KD & Bron with KD in between him and Bron making the foul. He WasOut Of Position To Make That Call. Which I stated was the first reason for the missed call in that post that you chose to infer what I meant instead of taking it literally.

How is a No Call not a reward? There should beno penalty for blatantly attempting to intentionally deceive the refs into taking a possession away from the opposing team? If anything elsea foul thereserves as a deterent for that type of behavior. Just a few weeks ago people were all on board with giving floppers fouls for their antics. But now he should've gotten a No Call in that situation. Yea Ok.

I'm not a fan of either team in this series... I love players on BOTH teams, hell more players on OKC than MIA even... But y'all kill me with this rhetoric man...

I just want to see good games, consistentcy by the refs, and players decide the finishes.�

me and Jesus both want it this way /\

30t6p3b.gif
refs aint lettin the heat lose this series

Why is the game 2 foul at the end of the game even in question? KD caught a break not being called for a clear charge earlier. If he's fouled out that last play doesn't even happen. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't. Such is life. I've watched a championship being given to a player/team before (Heat in '06...where were you all then when it was only a few of us crying foul?), and this ain't it. Thunder are making mistakes, Heat are capitalizing. Simple as that.

^I agree with Cake.

the inflammatory statements and scrutiny of anything associated with that team/player is out of control.

"So when you put the two of them against each other defensively LeBron's status as a defender and an superstar himself cancel out KD getting superstar calls against him."

There is no inference here....this is something you stated.  Lebrons reputation as a great defender negates a foul. 

And once again with both players touching initiating contact (Harden & James) you could call either player for that....so just let them play.  No one wants to see a three point game with 16 seconds to go sealed at the FT line.  Let them play on.  If the referee was to call an offensive foul on Lebron that would be bogus too, just let them play.  If Harden falls down and Lebron drives and dishes for an easy bucket....that's a better finish than a call 30 feet from the basket.  

Back
Top Bottom