Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Knock on Miami coming into this postseason was that they can't finish close games.

At this point, I'm just more intrigued as to why Wade keeps attempting to give games away
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

The point of the Twitter reference is, a NBA referee, a REFEREE, not a player, A REF, is being talked about by thousands if not millions of people. That is a problem.

Any of the players/coaches complain after the game?  Fans opinions don't mean %#%!. 

People still complaining about that foul in game 2?
Durant should have fouled out on that charge just minutes before that.
Refs giving us fouls, and giving them fouls too.
Newflash, both teams get fouled.

And game 3 harden's flop shouldnt of been a foul blahblahblah.
W/e assume they got a no call, or Harden played off him like his coach/team wanted him to. Then what? They let us run the clock down to 4 seconds and hope we miss the shot and then proceed to get the rebound and call TO.
6-7 seconds left with 3 points or 16 seconds with a 4 point deficit. Brooks isn't calling the same/similar play? Sefolosha does same garbage and on entry passes it to Wade, and game is still over. And I promise you if it was a no call on harden's flop, and that scenario happened, that same article would have been written just saying it wasn't a flop, and demanding a charge, and people in here would be saying same thing.

All the celtics games had way worse officiated than any of these three games by far.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Knock on Miami coming into this postseason was that they can't finish close games.

At this point, I'm just more intrigued as to why Wade keeps attempting to give games away
roll.gif
For real
laugh.gif
 It's like his subconscious is saying "Come oooooon, you know you don't want this" 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

"So when you put the two of them against each other defensively LeBron's status as a defender and an superstar himself cancel out KD getting superstar calls against him."

There is no inference here....this is something you stated.  Lebrons reputation as a great defender negates a foul. 

And once again with both players touching initiating contact (Harden & James) you could call either player for that....so just let them play.  No one wants to see a three point game with 16 seconds to go sealed at the FT line.  Let them play on.  If the referee was to call an offensive foul on Lebron that would be bogus too, just let them play.  If Harden falls down and Lebron drives and dishes for an easy bucket....that's a better finish than a call 30 feet from the basket.  

That's the key part of that phrase that you seem to be not paying attention to.  I never said that Bron couldn't get called for a foul on KD, hell I even stated that he did foul him. I've Stated That SEVERAL Times actually.  I said he wasn't getting the fouls that a superstar gets against lesser players/defenders ie. what he got against SAS and what he gets when Shane or Wade are guarding him when matched up against Bron. So either you lack reading comprension skills or you're just purposely ignoring sections and looking for an excuse. I'll leave that up to you to determine which one is the correct assessment of the situation.

As far as that Harden/James situation the minute Harden flopped and went to the ground expecting a foul that took away the option of just letting them play.  In fact that's what the Refs were doing before that, both of them were bumping into each other and Bron lost the ball, no call.  Bron regained the ball, Harden aggressively played him again bumping into him a couple times... No Call.  Bron established his position, guard hand (although a little high) and bumped back and Harden flops.  Which says that Harden wasn't satisfied with the Refs just allowing them to play and as a result he shouldn't be rewarded with a No Call for a blatant flop.  Sorry.

For the record I was happy as hell both of the times they called blocks on Mike Miller for flopping that game as well.

I think OKC fans are ignorant on something that is a glaring issue. As Stephen A Smith reported on First Take, Durant doesnt have that "get in my teammates' face, demand the ball and push my team mates to their best" mentality. His attitude is very docile. Durant is an excellent player, but when situations come down to the wire, the great ones DEMAND the ball. People critized LeBron a year ago becuase he didnt have that "killer" attitude. Durant for sure doesn't.

No. That is what happens in real life.  There isn't some alternate arena where the idealistic form of basketball is played and players do not get advantages because of their status.  Hell in everyday life people are rewarded for their status, rich people get things for free all the time, why would anyone expect anything differently in sports?

LeBron gets away with a lot defensively that others don't, but all great defenders do. KD gets a lot of calls that 97% of the league don't, but all superstars do.  So when you take the two and you put them together they end up on a level playing field.  KD doesn't get his normal calls, LeBron is more likely to get called for a foul. How do you not understand this?
Originally Posted by ssjjfar

I promise you if it was a no call on harden's flop, and that scenario happened, that same article would have been written just saying it wasn't a flop, and demanding a charge, and people in here would be saying same thing.  

This.  The only acceptable call in that situation for people/media is a charge on LeBron.

The officiating has not been as bad as people have made it out to be,.both teams have had their fair share of calls missed.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

"So when you put the two of them against each other defensively LeBron's status as a defender and an superstar himself cancel out KD getting superstar calls against him."

There is no inference here....this is something you stated.  Lebrons reputation as a great defender negates a foul. 

And once again with both players touching initiating contact (Harden & James) you could call either player for that....so just let them play.  No one wants to see a three point game with 16 seconds to go sealed at the FT line.  Let them play on.  If the referee was to call an offensive foul on Lebron that would be bogus too, just let them play.  If Harden falls down and Lebron drives and dishes for an easy bucket....that's a better finish than a call 30 feet from the basket.  

That's the key part of that phrase that you seem to be not paying attention to.  I never said that Bron couldn't get called for a foul on KD, hell I even stated that he did foul him. I've Stated That SEVERAL Times actually.  I said he wasn't getting the fouls that a superstar gets against lesser players/defenders ie. what he got against SAS and what he gets when Shane or Wade are guarding him when matched up against Bron. So either you lack reading comprension skills or you're just purposely ignoring sections and looking for an excuse. I'll leave that up to you to determine which one is the correct assessment of the situation.

As far as that Harden/James situation the minute Harden flopped and went to the ground expecting a foul that took away the option of just letting them play.  In fact that's what the Refs were doing before that, both of them were bumping into each other and Bron lost the ball, no call.  Bron regained the ball, Harden aggressively played him again bumping into him a couple times... No Call.  Bron established his position, guard hand (although a little high) and bumped back and Harden flops.  Which says that Harden wasn't satisfied with the Refs just allowing them to play and as a result he shouldn't be rewarded with a No Call for a blatant flop.  Sorry.

For the record I was happy as hell both of the times they called blocks on Mike Miller for flopping that game as well.

Both parts of you sentence are asanine....Nice try though.  

And you miss the logic on a non-call.  If you think calling a blocking foul will eliminate flopping that's cool, I disagree. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
laugh.gif
Dudes citing Twitter trends as to proof that there's fishy refereeing
laugh.gif

I think you're missing the point.

If a specific referee is being exploited on social networks, than obviously there is a problem.

Bottom line is this. The Heat are winning games because of officiating. Nothing else to %!%@#%* say.
You should just boycott the NBA.
laugh.gif

I couldn't live this way.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

spod.gif
I saw this from a different angle during the game and Chalmers wasn't paying attention at all
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 He just got bumped off and Battier
had to attempt to hold Westbrook. Damn Chalmers has been pretty awful the last 2 games
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Players and coaches get fined for complaining so the fact they didn't isn't proving !+!@ either
If you're going to complain, THIS is the time to do it.  It's been done many times in the past by players/coaches hoping for an advantage in the next game. 

My point about the players not complaining is this, if the calls were THAT egregious, you'd hear about it.  I always think it's funny how fans take things more personally than the players.  Let me know the next time you find a perfectly officiated game where everyone is on the same page afterwards. 

Originally Posted by Peep Game

spod.gif
I saw this from a different angle during the game and Chalmers wasn't paying attention at all
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
had to attempt to hold Westbrook. Damn Chalmers has been pretty awful the last 2 games
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That would have been funny to see Westbrook just body Spo out of the way and take the jumper. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Heat win = Refs in their pocket

Heat Lose = why didn't Lebron do more?

NT is like clockwork. Credit will NEVER be given. Jesus Christ could be officiating these games and some of yall would find something to +#+@! about.
30t6p3b.gif
This is GREAT basketball being played, and people on here who don't have a horse in this race, would rather complain till they're blue in the face because the game doesn't go the way THEY expect. OKC players aren't making noise about the fouls being called, but fans are? !#%%, in the NBA finals history, what have you all learned over the years? If there is a decided advantage by one team over another (referee wise), an opposing coach/player will usually speak up and things get evened out in the next game. We haven't seen that so far. Players know that the Ws/Ls are being decided by THEM. NOT the refs. Quit complaining and enjoy what you're watching. Damn
30t6p3b.gif

*Anyone got the feeling that no matter how the Thunder play, if they lose the series, most of the blame will fall on Russ?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Like I said, no one goes crazy for a call that should have went against KD but didn't. Now everyone wants to reward a flop. *%@% is crazy. Where's the KD criticism that Bron has been getting for disappearing in the fourth?

Yea, let's say the refs gave the Heat the game. Not that Bosh/Bron and the rest of the defense are shutting down the Thunder and have completely cut off the fast break game in 2 & 3. Or that the defense is cutting down on the passing lanes/extra passes on offense for the Thunder. Or that the best FT shooting team in the league has the jitters at the line now. Or that James Harden is proving the critics right that he can't lead the offense on his own.
Yo what are you talking about, Ill explain this again to people who dont know the charging rule. If a player takes off (in the air) while a player is still moving, it is a BLOCKING foul. After Durant took off, Battier slid his foot under, hence a BLOCKING foul. Typical of a heat fan to be completely ignorant to every single call, and then have the audacity to try to make an excuse for it.

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

Heat win = Refs in their pocket

Heat Lose = why didn't Lebron do more?

NT is like clockwork. Credit will NEVER be given. Jesus Christ could be officiating these games and some of yall would find something to +#+@! about.
30t6p3b.gif
This is GREAT basketball being played, and people on here who don't have a horse in this race, would rather complain till they're blue in the face because the game doesn't go the way THEY expect. OKC players aren't making noise about the fouls being called, but fans are? !#%%, in the NBA finals history, what have you all learned over the years? If there is a decided advantage by one team over another (referee wise), an opposing coach/player will usually speak up and things get evened out in the next game. We haven't seen that so far. Players know that the Ws/Ls are being decided by THEM. NOT the refs. Quit complaining and enjoy what you're watching. Damn
30t6p3b.gif

*Anyone got the feeling that no matter how the Thunder play, if they lose the series, most of the blame will fall on Russ?
Game 2 when durant got hit with under 10 seconds left he complained, just not a lot, he doesnt make excuses.
Game 3, When he picked up his fourth he complained to his coach how he didnt foul him, he jsut doesnt go pouting and moaning about it like wade and Bron and Battier do.

spod.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That would have been funny to see Westbrook just body Spo out of the way and take the jumper. 

Jason Kidd pulled that on Mike Woodson a few years back.  Worked to his advantage. 

I don't remember Animal Thug going this hard when Bron was getting these SAME calls in Cleveland. You must have been up in arms during the whole Crab-Dribble fiasco!

95% of the people who keep complaining about the Refs are people that hate the Heat (LeBron). We have salty Cavs fans, salty Knicks fans, salty Kobe fans, salty Bulls fans etc
laugh.gif

I don't know how some of you even keep watching basketball. Just give up on the NBA. We have guys really believing that Spoelstra was out there defending Westbrook and the refs were in on it too
laugh.gif
Do you guys know how pathetic you come off?
30t6p3b.gif

Most people who I've spoken to talk about how good every game has been but here are these scorned lovers complaining about a coach standing on the court (something that coaches always do).

Just enjoy the game, for Christ's sake.

The Refs are far from perfect, but OKC was fouling 3 point shooters and reaching like crazy. Durant was putting himself in situations that he shouldnt have being in foul trouble.
OKC is playing shook, Durant was all in Kobes chest when he had to the defend him but he is scared to play aggresive on Lebron?
There is alot of stuff OKC needs to fix within there team first before they blame the refs, for starters Make free throws and don't foul 3 point shooters..............
tired.gif

Next time OKC has the ball late in the game and go to Durant for a Bucket, please run a pick in roll for durant instead of trying to Iso him on Lebron. Unless he pulls up for a jump shot or powers his way to the basket he will not get a call.

Hardin trying to take a charge on Lebron close to half court last night
laugh.gif
 Its hard to belive this is the same team that beat the Spurs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Jason Kidd pulled that on Mike Woodson a few years back.  Worked to his advantage. 

Ha...Woodson has a little more weight on him than Spo though, I think he can take a hit.  

Each game's outcome provides a mass exodus from one side to the other everytime I listen to ESPN radio on the way to work.  Too much social media, too many experts (half who used to play for certain teams, coaches and with players). 

All the Wizards fans remember the Lebron crab dribble...someone post the gif of Lebron's face on the crab body bouncing through the lane. 

Lebron straight up through the ball off the backboard and nothing was called last night man. Thats star treatment to the max lol. I see lebron holding Durant on many plays. Full on grabbing his arms. For one of the best defenders in the league, and quite physical. somehow lebron doesn't foul anyone. Durant's foul on wade was just utter BS. Wade knee to the chest and 1.

Game 6 and 7 against the celts. The heat won some very well reffed games. I didn't see anything bad. I don't remember saying anything negative about the refs on NT about those games.

Bron is playing extremely well. So can't take anything away from him. He deserved all the criticism last year. He was terrible and timid.

We're only half way through this series... One game can change EVERYTHING.

Just enjoy each game, I know I have.

Back
Top Bottom