Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Did I say points? No. I said did they play as expected.

Did Bosh knock down open jumpers, spread the floor and attack the glass? Correct rotations as the backside defender? Draw Ibaka and Perkins away from the rim?

Did Wade attack the basket, defend well and get to the FT line? Did he make correct passes of the Bron/Wade pick and roll?

Chalmers and Battier did what they are asked to do. Knock down open jumpshot's / 3 pointers and play solid defense (well about as solid as you can play on KD when he is going nuts). You expect them to do that. They just happened to have more open jumpshots early then they usually do.

Harden didn't have a good game. But everyone else of note did and the did what they were asked to do.

Please don't confuse me w/ the 'Needs more help' (i.e. new or different players) camp.

I didn't think I'd ever hear not enough help after leaving Cleveland.. But from what I remember from the Heat parade didn't he say all they need is him and Wade on the wing and you just gonna have to throw it up
laugh.gif
saying Pat Riley can come back and play if he wanted

EDIT: Oh, and these Finals are far from over.. it's only been one game so far, Heat can win the next game then all the Heat fan will go wild saying its over and this will go back and forth

Originally Posted by dreClark

Did I say points? No. I said did they play as expected.

Did Bosh knock down open jumpers, spread the floor and attack the glass? Correct rotations as the backside defender? Draw Ibaka and Perkins away from the rim?

Did Wade attack the basket, defend well and get to the FT line? Did he make correct passes of the Bron/Wade pick and roll?

Chalmers and Battier did what they are asked to do. Knock down open jumpshot's / 3 pointers and play solid defense (well about as solid as you can play on KD when he is going nuts). You expect them to do that. They just happened to have more open jumpshots early then they usually do.

Harden didn't have a good game. But everyone else of note did and the did what they were asked to do.

Please don't confuse me w/ the 'Needs more help' (i.e. new or different players) camp.
Man, this is real life.  This isn't a video game where player #23 with a 99 jump shot rating makes every open jump shot. 
laugh.gif

Like half of the Thunder team's (Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, Sefolosha) role is to just play defense and dunk the ball if they are under the basket.  Have you seen Perkins post game. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Man, this is real life.  This isn't a video game where player #23 with a 99 jump shot rating makes every open jump shot. 
laugh.gif

Like half of the Thunder team's (Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, Sefolosha) role is to just play defense and dunk the ball if they are under the basket.  Have you seen Perkins post game. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
.....And they did that. A team is the sum of their parts. Had KD dropped 37 but Russy only had 18 in addition to Harden sucking , would the game not have been different? What exactly are you not understanding? What are you even arguing?  And yeah I clearly said players are supposed to hit every jumpshot, glad you pointed that out

I was one of the people saying that Lebron had a solid team around him in Cleveland with Jamison, Mo Williams, and Delonte.  

You were the guy saying 33-year-old Antawn Jamison was as good as prime Pau Gasol, so I'm gonna take that with a shaker of salt.

People said he needed a top player like Bosh and another scorer (Wade?).  

Now Wade and Bosh aren't enough.  I guess he needs Westbrook and Dwight Howard too?  Then it will be, Lebron has no bench players.  When will this madness end?

It's not about him needing better teammates. Stop using straw man arguments. This was pretty clearly the consensus on the last page:

Bron doesn't need more help. He needs his help to do their jobs.

What is "as expected"?  If your metric for "as expected" is points, that is a flawed stat because there are only so many shots to go around. 

Who said anything about points being the only metric? Again with the straw man arguments. As a matter of fact you were the one using points as a metric in your favor a few posts up:

Here is the box score - 4 other Heat players were in double figures.

laugh.gif

Stop with the exaggeration. No one said anything about making every open jump shot. It's not too much to ask of two All-Star-caliber players to shoot better than 7-19 or 4-11 as well as play with more effort/intelligence on defense.

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
.....And they did that. A team is the sum of their parts. Had KD dropped 37 but Russy only had 18 in addition to Harden sucking , would the game not have been different? What exactly are you not understanding? What are you even arguing?  And yeah I clearly said players are supposed to hit every jumpshot, glad you pointed that out
how much for your shoes?

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
how much for your shoes?
Trade you for your PR inspired kicks + your shooting sleeve

And not the chancleta's.

Can't everyone just admit that Wade is nowhere near the player he has been in the past? Saying that isn't a defense of LeBron, it's the truth.

I expect this from Wade at this point from watching the Heat all year, so LeBron has to play at a very high level for them to win. He was decent last night (for him), but unfortunately decent isn't good enough.

laugh.gif
 Lulz. I remember after Game 2 of the WCF the general consensus was the Thunder couldn't beat the Spurs. The Spurs have won 20 straight, the Thunder can't win 4 of 5, they are too young, Westbrook and KD can't coexist, the Spurs look unstoppable blah blah blah 

Well it's still game 1 of the Finals y'all 
laugh.gif

No need to get so high or low right now

I see flashes of brilliance. So I dunno. He might just be hurt.

I said bosh was the key before the series and I still think he is.

Originally Posted by JD617

I was one of the people saying that Lebron had a solid team around him in Cleveland with Jamison, Mo Williams, and Delonte.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Seriously, and now this dude wants to come in here acting as if he's not one of the biggest bron haters out there.  Please, EVERYONE remembers your infamous " Jamison = Pau Gasol" crap.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom