Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

So all the hate is just people doing what they do best, HATE ON PEOPLE BETTER THAN THEM.

Taking your sports a little too seriously now are we?

Better than everyone at what?  Basketball?  That's a given..  But does it matter if it is Lebron? Steve Blake is better at basketball than everyone in this thread as well, so it doesn't matter who we are discussing about basketball..

Or do you mean better as a person? That's subjective...   Better at life? Subjective again..

Criticism & "Hate" are something a lot of you don't get..  You can hate someone's game.. But hating the person is something most people don't dive into..  I root against Lebron.. But if he won, unfortunately for everyone in the world, my life goes on. I wake up and go back to my regular life to quote Lebron
wink.gif
.. Sports are entertainment, my life isn't run by sport.. Some of you take basketball too damn serious. Like you're his mother, or you are actually playing the damn game, or work for the team..  And yes it does go both ways, before you say I'm ignoring the juxtaposition

You can't criticize someone's game without it being hate? Does he read Niketalk? Do you actually think he gives a flying damn about what is said on this message board? Who cares for what the reason is people criticize his game, because people have their reasons for enjoying his game...  Can't it be analyzed without people making it out as if someone is threatening his livelihood... And treat it for what it is?  Someone watching a SPORT..

I'm sure you've never said someone's music sucked, or some comedian wasn't funny, or never said any player of any sport was overrated.

I'm going to give you this advice: Lighten up.  It is only sports.. Not the safety of the human race.

You actually want me to believe all the negativity directed at LeBron James isn't HATING?
So what do you call it when a person hasn't done anything to wrong or hurt anyone, and people still dislike you?
Where I'm from we call that HATING. And when it comes to LeBron its so many bandwagon HATERS it ridiculous.
People that don't watch basketball and know nothing about the sport claim they don't "like" LeBron.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Mr S J King wrote:
I'm watching the "Flu Game" and just happen to realize how stacked the Bulls were. 
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, and Ron Harper in his starting five. Nobody seemed to mind that. 
LeBron goes to Miami to team up with a 6'3" shooting guard and a soft 6'10" forward witth no post game, and he is hated for stacking the deck. 
Nobody back then complained about Jordan getting Rodman and Harper to come play with him & Pippen
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they had arguably the best coach in the game. 
All everybody does now is talk about how LeBron sold out and went to play with other stars. 

Its amazing to see the difference in mindsets in just a 15yr span. All these cry babies today is pathetic. 
Karl Malone didn't complain about having to face Jordan and that All Star team. 
Malone had Stockton, Hornacek, Ostertagg, and Russell to battle Jordan and the All Stars. 
LeBron brings his squad to the arena and people today act like he has Magic, Dr. J, Bird, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, and Olajuwon coming off the bench. 
I hope with a passion the Heat win this series and King James gets his first rings. 
And this is coming from a Mavericks fan who hated the Heat for crushing our title run in '06.
knightngale : Jordan never left his team and franchise even when he was losing. 
grin.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yeah and after 6 years the Cavs hadnt brought anybody in to help the dude out.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He was basically playing with the same team he had in high school in the NBA.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Celtics load up their team and the Cavs didnt do anything to counter.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Lebron's HS team would not make it to the NBA finals. Dude had a very good team in Cleveland. Your stanning is ridiculous.

You claim I'm "stanning" and then basically proved my point.
When is the last time a "very good team" won the NBA Championship?
You have to be a GREAT team to win it all in the NBA.
This isn't the NFL or MLB where you can be average all year, back into the playoffs, get hot at the right moment and win it all.
So when was the Cleveland ownership going to build a GREAT team around LeBron?
When you find that out let me know.

Originally Posted by Essential1

So all the hate is just people doing what they do best, HATE ON PEOPLE BETTER THAN THEM.

Taking your sports a little too seriously now are we?

Better than everyone at what?  Basketball?  That's a given..  But does it matter if it is Lebron? Steve Blake is better at basketball than everyone in this thread as well, so it doesn't matter who we are discussing about basketball..

Or do you mean better as a person? That's subjective...   Better at life? Subjective again..

Criticism & "Hate" are something a lot of you don't get..  You can hate someone's game.. But hating the person is something most people don't dive into..  I root against Lebron.. But if he won, unfortunately for everyone in the world, my life goes on. I wake up and go back to my regular life to quote Lebron
wink.gif
.. Sports are entertainment, my life isn't run by sport.. Some of you take basketball too damn serious. Like you're his mother, or you are actually playing the damn game, or work for the team..  And yes it does go both ways, before you say I'm ignoring the juxtaposition

You can't criticize someone's game without it being hate? Does he read Niketalk? Do you actually think he gives a flying damn about what is said on this message board? Who cares for what the reason is people criticize his game, because people have their reasons for enjoying his game...  Can't it be analyzed without people making it out as if someone is threatening his livelihood... And treat it for what it is?  Someone watching a SPORT..

I'm sure you've never said someone's music sucked, or some comedian wasn't funny, or never said any player of any sport was overrated.

I'm going to give you this advice: Lighten up.  It is only sports.. Not the safety of the human race.

You actually want me to believe all the negativity directed at LeBron James isn't HATING?
So what do you call it when a person hasn't done anything to wrong or hurt anyone, and people still dislike you?
Where I'm from we call that HATING. And when it comes to LeBron its so many bandwagon HATERS it ridiculous.
People that don't watch basketball and know nothing about the sport claim they don't "like" LeBron.
So you're going to tell me that you like every player in the NBA?  Naw B, dont even raise your fingers to type that...we all have certain players we want to see win, and certain players we want to see lose.  Back in the day, I always wanted to see MJ lose bc I was a Pacers fan.  
And maybe that Cleveland team was great, I mean they did go to the NBA finals right?  By that logic this Heat team, (which features 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA) is just "very good" too......bruh you're reaching way too hard...

I would love to hear more about this GREAT team they had in Detroit though

The cle team sucked but somehow they won more games than when he was on the heat. It's strange. He played different on cle. I think the way to build around lebron is surround him with a bunch of shooters which is what cle did. But he never had that nessesary number 2.

I think if you stuck Chris bosh on that cavs team, they play better than this heat team.

Originally Posted by DubA169

The cle team sucked but somehow they won more games than when he was on the heat. It's strange. He played different on cle. I think the way to build around lebron is surround him with a bunch of shooters which is what cle did. But he never had that nessesary number 2.

I think if you stuck Chris bosh on that cavs team, they play better than this heat team.
You may have a point, but there was no way Bosh was gonna go to Cleveland. It's not that no one wanted to play for LeBron, it's that no one wanted to play in Cleveland. LeBron was in a tough spot
ohwell.gif

Pretty freaking funny how it went from a big 3 to a big 1. 
laugh.gif

Come on guys.  Heat win game 2 tonight and suddenly they are back to being in the drivers seat, and destined for 4 straight titles, blah blah blah. 

Let's see how the adjustments go tonight and the first game in Miami before we write everyone off.  Look at the Spurs/OKC series. 

I think the heat played almost a perfect first half in game one , adding Bosh to the starting lineup is going to be a plus. However I think the thunder played a terrible first half and can improve a lot.
The heat came out shooting red hot and the Thunder figured out a way to hang in the game.
With that said, the Heat are going to have to play 2 perfect halfs to win in OKC
laugh.gif

If OKC doesnt have a bad first half and start out fast, the Heat wont be able to hang around the way the Thunder did.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Pretty freaking funny how it went from a big 3 to a big 1. 
laugh.gif

Come on guys.  Heat win game 2 tonight and suddenly they are back to being in the drivers seat, and destined for 4 straight titles, blah blah blah. 

Let's see how the adjustments go tonight and the first game in Miami before we write everyone off.  Look at the Spurs/OKC series. 

We have to deal in extremes, it's the only way to be

OKC wins again tonight similar score. Wade will play better but just don't see the Thunder losing at home, don't think Battier will play nearly as well as in Game 1 and Harden will actually show up tonight. OKC by 10+ No reason Bosh shouldn't be starting at this point for Spo though, he's been ready to go.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I think the heat played almost a perfect first half in game one , adding Bosh to the starting lineup is going to be a plus. However I think the thunder played a terrible first half and can improve a lot.

They were definitely nervous, but I refuse to believe that shooting 56% from the field is terrible. They had a decent amount of turnovers, but they were aight. They can do better I guess.     

Uh oh.... Wade's main man Danny crawford is reffing tonight. We bout to see if stern really took his calls away or not.

Essential1:
Criticism & "Hate" are something a lot of you don't get
Essential1:
Essential1:
Essential1:
Essential1:
Essential1:
Essential1:
Essential1:

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Cleveland rooting for OKC? Duh.
Those shirts are all over the city now lol 
smokin.gif

Those shirts make me mad. being from Cle I'm ashamed. I'm tired of having to root for other teams to get stuff done that we can't. Forget OKC, Forget Lebron, them winning or losing does not help me from being bitter and w/o a championship in any major sport!!!!!!!!

Just hit on whoever we take in the draft this year please!!!!!!!!

/rant

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by knightngale

Dude had a very good team in Cleveland.
What? 
laugh.gif

Thanks bro for saving me the finger energy responding to that comment

Best record twice in a row in the league, 2 conference finals and 1 finals trip - scored less than he did than he does now with the current Heat team - yet he didn't have a very good team.

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom