Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

That’s what I’m asking, it will only cost me $65 or roughly that to add Carter and the number 15?

The revolution 30 numbers are $85 from what I've been told. Regular twill like on my Petrovic is $65. Plus shipping (which is like $15+ even for one jersey just to get it back). if you email exclusive pro sports they can give you a quote.

$65 plus $15 for shipping is kinda high for customization. For football kits it's about $30-$35 to get a nameset pressed on a jersey. But then again, namesets on basketball jerseys gotta be stitches and use layers of tackle twill.

it's the cheapest that I know of for nba (unless people use smaller, relatively unknown places). they get a ton of business at their current prices. for older stuff, they have resources and the materials to make them pretty close to the original.

The revolution 30 numbers are $85 from what I've been told. Regular twill like on my Petrovic is $65. Plus shipping (which is like $15+ even for one jersey just to get it back). if you email exclusive pro sports they can give you a quote.
Thanks will do

Very entertaining reading the latest posts on customization, and the debate/life example analogies whether it's fake, legit, etc. If I may change the topic of discussion and re-visit this discussion on MN authentic shorts and the inherent lack of pockets. I also know there has been discussion of Just Don shorts (you guess it pockets) and taking it to your local tailor to add some at $20-$30. If you own like 30 MN shorts, this may be costly.

How about taking a page out of running shorts? With some basic sewing skills, sew a pouch on to the wall of the waist band from inside the garment--see example below. The pouch can be of any size with a basic zipper to store cash/cards/iphone. Good/bad idea? If you mess up, at least there will be minimal (zero) cosmetic damage vs. cutting the shorts and risk bricking it. Might be awkward sticking your hand inside your short when paying at the counter though. But just saying.....food for thought. If this has been discussed, then i guess DELETE.

IMG_20190320_220332 (1).jpg

Jerseys is a way different arena than say shoes, for comparison.

At all levels, most lettering is NOT done by the manufacturer of the jersey shell. It is sent out to any random third party that will do it, then sold to consumers. The inherent legitimacy of a jersey has never required the lettering be done by the manufacturer. This is why you get the crap faux-mesh twill during the Adidas Rev30 era, crap customization from Fanatics customized authentics, etc. Adidas and pro shops just used a crap customizing company in Toronto. The stuff wasn't even close to the real deal and was closer to the bootleggers.

I've been collecting for almost 20 years, and the hobby veterans would all say legit.

Also, there's been a running Joke that M&N is "licensed Fakes". Their quality and accuracy is laughable *sometimes*, and the materials/designs of some of their stuff is what bootleggers have been using.

Thanks for elaborating about the lettering process of retail jerseys. I'm not surprised they outsource the lettering process too. But Majestic does their retail authentic in-house at their Pennsylvania at least which is great.

Yeah it's like Mitchell & Ness emulated the bootleggers with that crappy gimmick gold Bulls Jordan jersey being marketed as a premium jersey when it was never officially worn in the NBA during 1995-96 season. Bootleggers have been making colorways of fakes that never existed. It's basically a $350 bootleg jersey to me.

I’m not talking about blanks

I’m taking about buying player A jersey and changing it to player B when whatever manufacturer never made player B
I was thinking the same thing. I grew up on the core 4 yankees. I’m thinking for changing this Wade Boggs bp by removing the one and centering the 2.

2BC67450-909B-45A7-B548-07429A00825C.jpeg
9DC021B8-B7D0-4103-B4A7-10AEC621DA46.jpeg

skyizthalimit skyizthalimit
This is what I do on my shorts, and I have been happy with it. My recommendation is to size the pockets according to what you generally carry (phone wallet keys) as if you make them too big it’s awkward to go digging deep inside your shorts. If you size them right it’s not even noticeable pulling out your phone or wallet to pay for things, as you can just push on the bottom on the outside of your shorts and it pops up into the waistband.

eBay been flooded with Jeter jerseys for years, why get a M&N version?

I can say I've only seen a 1996 WS pinstripe Jeter once in a sz. 40 and it was way more than what the M&N version would've run for. Not to mention the eventual money I'd save buying with a coupon or on sale. Can't speak on why others are waiting though.

I can say I've only seen a 1996 WS pinstripe Jeter once in a sz. 40 and it was way more than what the M&N version would've run for. Not to mention the eventual money I'd save buying with a coupon or on sale. Can't speak on why others are waiting though.

Oh okay, looking for a 90s specifically

skyizthalimit skyizthalimit
This is what I do on my shorts, and I have been happy with it. My recommendation is to size the pockets according to what you generally carry (phone wallet keys) as if you make them too big it’s awkward to go digging deep inside your shorts. If you size them right it’s not even noticeable pulling out your phone or wallet to pay for things, as you can just push on the bottom on the outside of your shorts and it pops up into the waistband.
great minds think alike; thank you.

In jersey collecting land, "after market" customs (jerseys customized a significant period after their released date) tend to be worth less than fully original ones, but they aren't considered fake, since many of the customizers are professionals who do work for pro teams anyway. Sometimes it's the only way to get a jersey. Like this one, I could either pay $20,000 whenever this shows up again, or pay $65 to get it customized.

NewJersey6.jpg
NewJersey7.jpg

There is a reason why one would be $20,000 when it shows up vs. the price to simply customize it. It is a "legit" jersey, but there is a reason it won't demand the price as the other one. And that is due to the "after market" customs.

Welp wish me luck, I dropped of the Yankees Wade Boggs bp jersey to the tailor to remove the 1 and re center the 2. Hopefully it comes out good. Lady said there is a chance it may rip because it’s hard to take off but I went in knowing that and I’m still taking the chance. I pick up Monday.

Welp wish me luck, I dropped of the Yankees Wade Boggs bp jersey to the tailor to remove the 1 and re center the 2. Hopefully it comes out good. Lady said there is a chance it may rip because it’s hard to take off but I went in knowing that and I’m still taking the chance. I pick up Monday.
Is she gon remove Boggs name on the inside too?

There is a reason why one would be $20,000 when it shows up vs. the price to simply customize it. It is a "legit" jersey, but there is a reason it won't demand the price as the other one. And that is due to the "after market" customs.

most blanks have that potential to be customized baked in da price...any blank old Nike authentic bulls commands premium because folks know it could be turned to a Jordan. same wit suns blank wit Barkley.

What do the Mitchell and Ness Jordan 45 jerseys usually go for? I got a white one in size 40 I was thinking about listing or trading for something in a size 48.

Back
Top Bottom