Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Whoever greenlit the jerseys...man.

I'd like to see what M&N actually says no to in terms of design ideas. Seems like they don't say no to anything.
Yeah whoever is running the design team has no backbone. From the Christmas jerseys to the camo trash and now this? Not a good look. But to each is own I guess. New kids are eating it up so whatever. I’ll just continue to cop what I like and keep it moving

I'm contemplating getting the alternate purple Hornets Larry Johnson jersey. Can anyone please verify if the mesh fabric is accurate on them? For some reason the mesh fabric looks off. And Mitchell & Ness has produced inaccuracies with some of the latest versions. I'd hate to get something that's wrong honestly.

Like it's terrible that the late '90s alternate black Timberwolves Kevin Garnett has the wrong mesh fabric.

The mesh on just about all 90s nba made in china (over the past 8 years or so), has incorrect mesh.

The mesh isn't super accurate to the original, but it's not a totally different kind of mesh, like the KG/Marbury situation. You are good.

I knew you would chime in especially if it's detail related. But I always appreciate it. You are definitely a true collector and detail freak which is all good.

Perhaps I'll send you a PM with certain jerseys I'm contemplating on.

The mesh that M&N uses isn’t right compared to any jersey for the most part. They used the right mesh on some Knicks stuff and the right material for some of the lakers jerseys.

I feel the '90s Lakers jerseys that were re-released under the "MADE IN CHINA" label are OK. The mesh fabric was correct to me but the only frustrating discrepancy is the air holes being smaller than usual. I have both the yellow home and purple road Kobe rookie jerseys and I think they got them right except for the air hole size.

I also have the white home 1996-97 76ers white home Iverson and the mesh fabric is OK but same air hole size discrepancy. I also have the white home and road black 1997-98, and alternate blue 1999-00 76ers Iverson jerseys and the mesh seemed right on them.

Speaking of mesh fabric, anyone else recall how the thickness of '90s NBA jerseys had a sandpaper feel to them? I always equated them to a sandpaper feel.

The mesh on just about all 90s nba made in china (over the past 8 years or so), has incorrect mesh.

It's just sad and pathetic how Mitchell & Ness has declined in quality control and detail orientation since the throwback craze peaked the last decade and when they were owned by a myriad of different ownership regimes since then.

I feel the '90s Lakers jerseys that were re-released under the "MADE IN CHINA" label are OK. The mesh fabric was correct to me but the only frustrating discrepancy is the air holes being smaller than usual. I have both the yellow home and purple road Kobe rookie jerseys and I think they got them right except for the air hole size.

I also have the white home 1996-97 76ers white home Iverson and the mesh fabric is OK but same air hole size discrepancy. I also have the white home and road black 1997-98, and alternate blue 1999-00 76ers Iverson jerseys and the mesh seemed right on them.
I was speaking on the Dri fit material lakers stuff being fairly correct. Also the Iverson jerseys, from pictures the mesh holes are too small like the rest of the m&n stuff.

Anyone ever gotten jerseys framed? I gotta couple I'm ready to frame and I've been hearing around $250-$300 for each. I know it isn't gonna be cheap but I don't want to overspend and I don't want anything crazy. I'm thinking just a black frame and a black back with the whole jersey. I don't want pics and a name plate, I don't need any of that.

Anyone know any sites of where I can see some examples? I see so much trash when I google it.

I believe hobby lobby actually will let you walk through it and you can tell them what you want and give you a quote for framing.

Did one of y’all send me a PM about some M&N jerseys? I saw it a couple hours ago and went back to reply. But it’s not in my inbox now. Is there an Un-send message feature or something?

Anyone ever gotten jerseys framed? I gotta couple I'm ready to frame and I've been hearing around $250-$300 for each. I know it isn't gonna be cheap but I don't want to overspend and I don't want anything crazy. I'm thinking just a black frame and a black back with the whole jersey. I don't want pics and a name plate, I don't need any of that.

Anyone know any sites of where I can see some examples? I see so much trash when I google it.
hobby lobby should be able to hook it up and be about half that

they got a ton of options too

Appreciate the response y'all, I got two Giants jerseys I want to get framed. I'm getting the whole jerseys framed though, I hate that folded up look.

I'm trying to get these done cause they're small. Can't really wear them and they shouldn't cost too much.

IMG_6170.jpg

Last edited:
Was interest in the shirt, saw the price tag and did the the old grandpa Simpson gif turn around and left the site lol.

does mitchell and ness get the colors messed up on jerseys also? i was comparing the purple all star kobe 98 jersey to my rookie purple magic and its not the same... its possible it was a different color since it was a different era but the color looks so off... the magic looks like varsity purple while the kobe looks more maroon and purple mixed together

yep, i copped 1 of each with no intentions on wearing it, check out that stockx price... ice me out!
Make ya money homie, but this hypebeast nonsense is sad.

Wonder how they would have sold if Michael Scott designed them instead of Travis.

Last edited:
does mitchell and ness get the colors messed up on jerseys also? i was comparing the purple all star kobe 98 jersey to my rookie purple magic and its not the same... its possible it was a different color since it was a different era but the color looks so off... the magic looks like varsity purple while the kobe looks more maroon and purple mixed together
Yes. My authentic VC raptors jersey and shorts have different shades of purple. i found this out the hard way when I took full kit wanker pix.

Back
Top Bottom