Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

New pickup: A true original. Peter Capolino , former owner of Mitchell & Ness, still makes old school sweaters (no Mitchell & Ness tagging, but it's the same production with the same lady making the product). So my original creation is this 1913 New York Yankees sweater! 1913 was the first year the Yankees were known as the Yankees after their name change from the New York Highlanders, back in the days when they played at the Polo Grounds. I don't expect this to be a 1 of 1 forever but it is the first remake of it's kind.
I've attached a colorized picture of the team wearing the sweater (there's at least 3 different versions being worn in the same year, they really didn't give a crap back then lol), and a picture of a super rare original that was sold at auction a couple of years back.

IMG_5286.jpeg
IMG_5287.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 5.30.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 6.53.45 PM.png

New pickup: A true original. Peter Capolino , former owner of Mitchell & Ness, still makes old school sweaters (no Mitchell & Ness tagging, but it's the same production with the same lady making the product). So my original creation is this 1913 New York Yankees sweater! 1913 was the first year the Yankees were known as the Yankees after their name change from the New York Highlanders, back in the days when they played at the Polo Grounds. I don't expect this to be a 1 of 1 forever but it is the first remake of it's kind.
I've attached a colorized picture of the team wearing the sweater (there's at least 3 different versions being worn in the same year, they really didn't give a crap back then lol), and a picture of a super rare original that was sold at auction a couple of years back.

IMG_5286.jpeg
IMG_5287.jpeg
Unreal! How did you manage to get in contact with him?

I got this Phillies Mike Schmidt within the last few weeks. I got it as a similar replacement for the size 60/4XL that I stupidly got in 2004. The only differences between the stupidly oversized one I had and this one is the jersey year and patch. I believe the way too oversized one I had was a late '70s version. I can't remember the patch.
IMG_4819.JPG
IMG_4820.JPG

Here's a closeup of the sleeve patch on this one.
IMG_4821.JPG

I saw an accurate Cooperstown Collection version of the matching maroon Phillies hat online at Mickey's Place, but I passed on it because I honestly didn't want to pay full price. I was waiting to see if they had promotional periods. Now my size is gone when I last checked. I hope I don't regret holding out.

I got this Phillies Mike Schmidt within the last few weeks. I got it as a similar replacement for the size 60/4XL that I stupidly got in 2004. The only differences between the stupidly oversized one I had and this one is the jersey year and patch. I believe the way too oversized one I had was a late '70s version. I can't remember the patch.
IMG_4819.JPG
IMG_4820.JPG

Here's a closeup of the sleeve patch on this one.
IMG_4821.JPG

I saw an accurate Cooperstown Collection version of the matching maroon Phillies hat online at Mickey's Place, but I passed on it because I honestly didn't want to pay full price. I was waiting to see if they had promotional periods. Now my size is gone when I last checked. I hope I don't regret holding out.

That's where I buy all of my hats. I hope they're not shutting down. I noticed their website was looking kind of funky the last few weeks. Now they only have 2 pages worth of cooperstown hats. Used to be like 8.

IMG_5286.jpeg
IMG_5287.jpeg

Is this a new product or something he made a long time ago? I need this.

I saw pics of this a while ago and was hoping M&N would make it.

D883EEE0-5F07-46B4-8B1D-F939A66277A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this a new product or something he made a long time ago? I need this.

I saw pics of this a while ago and was hoping M&N would make it.

D883EEE0-5F07-46B4-8B1D-F939A66277A2.jpeg
The one I bought he just made. He made it based on the pictures i sent him so you could probably do the same

anyones order from the sale still not ship? :stoneface:

either way, merry Christmas fellas! 🎅🎅🎅🎅
Funny thing... mine shipped within an hour of me messaging customer service asking about it. Probably coincidence but yeah wild how long M&N takes just to create a shipping label.

Back
Top Bottom