Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Them three with these uni’s came out at a special time. One of these, a T-Mac Magic and AI was mandatory in your closet back in the day.

B3CA495B-D094-4175-BC5B-A0C7F5806929.jpeg

Any Clippers era under the Donald Sterling regime will always be stigmatized unfortunately. He was the worst professional team owner ever.

Nothing under his rule will ever be memorable whether it be team history, players, or uniforms.

The problem with Clippers jerseys under the Sterling rule is that they never had any stars or even marginal players that established longevity in order to have an identity because he was too damn cheap to keep them. That's my primary reason I would never get any bygone era Clippers jersey. And my loyalty will always be with the Lakers.

But I feel there's somewhat decent demand with those jerseys and I wonder why Mitchell & Ness never produced those since it's been long enough now.

So much harder and the mesh jerseys he wore are so much harder than the dri-fit.

I actually miss and prefer mesh jerseys myself since it's pretty much the first material I identified with regarding NBA jerseys. They were more durable, and there was also a sturdy look to them.

Too much dri-fit for us after the late '90s.

Only team jerseys I’m wearing that’s not my team is Roberto Clemente, Jackie Robinson, Percy Miller and Steve McNair. Possibly Iverson and that’s because of some personal reasons.

Which is why I’m always asking for some Pro Bowl and All Star jerseys!!!!!

Mitchell & Ness, I would love a baby blue McNair Oilers jersey.

They haven't produced those sky blue Oilers jerseys since the 2000s unfortunately.

I've been looking for Warren Moon in both sky blue and white forever. And those older version jerseys probably would have been irregularly cut larger than normal since it was a common issue plaguing that decade.

I recall they made Steve McNair in the Tennessee Oilers version with a patch commemorating their inaugural year in Tennessee.

I'm Lakers 4 life but if M&N ever make the Darius Miles, Lamar Odom, Elton Brand era Clippers jersey, it's an instant cop

Oh F no with that! Lakers always owned the town and league during the Donald Sterling ownership fiasco. Clippers never had anything memorable under his rule. The players that passed through his ownership never established continuity to make a lot of fans want a Clippers jersey.

Im not putting anything Laker, Cowboy, Skins or Giants related on my body 🙅🏾‍♂️. Eagles and Sixers for life.

I see your loyalty to the Eagles because you're doing it right not liking any other NFC East teams. Same for me as I'm a Raiders fan and hate every AFC West team. My disdain for the Broncos, Chiefs, and Chargers are perhaps equal.

What's wrong with my Lakers? 76ers and Lakers never much of a rivalry since they've only met 4 times in the NBA Finals. Sure Lakers beat them 3 out of 4 times for their titles, but that was so long ago. It's not like an eternal rivalry like Lakers & Celtics.

It's OK for you to wear a Kobe Lakers jersey since he was born in Philadelphia, then grew up there in his teenage years shortly before embarking on his storied NBA career.

I actually have 6 variations of Allen Iverson jerseys myself despite being a Lakers fan. I liked him as a NBA star and he was never a rival to me. I even had 3, perhaps 4 Julius Erving 76ers jerseys for years until I had to purge them because I stupidly got them too damn big.

They're kind of hard to find, the blue one is more common. There's also different versions of this Jackie with different font numbers (mine is the most accurate). They did wear these for sure in 1948, I've also heard 1947 but can't confirm that.

They haven't made satin Dodgers jerseys in sky blue since the 2000s. Jackie Robinson did wear those satin pieces. The wool one is more common since they still make them.

They wore satin jerseys back then because they didn't have stadium lights for evening games so that material provided visibility from what I understand.

Hurry before Alp buys them all.

That guy again? He's like a cult figure who'll live on in here. 🙄

Yeah I'm late chiming in on him. But he was quite polarizing on here. I would say my only issue with him was that he was hypocritical trying to come off as righteous when he had flaws and he had a condescending perspective. For some reason he gave off the vibe that he was superior because he splurged on overpriced and overvalued $400 shorts.

I saw red flags immediately when he described a pair of overpriced shorts he liked as "sexy". Yeah that ain't appropriate or normal to use that to describe an object because it's supposed to be reserved for humans. And ironically some mature and serious females actually don't like being labeled that despite it being complimentary.

I have a feeling he was socially awkward growing up. Perhaps he felt like an outcast. Or not accepted by his peers when he tried to fit in with them during his youth. Perhaps wearing $400 shorts provided him with a false sense of self esteem when it really comes from within. Maybe overpaying for shorts is his way of salvaging his perceived flaw growing up.

Can anyone please verify if the Lakers jerseys were kiss-cut stitching when Kobe wore number 8?

I thought Lakers jerseys from that era were layered, then converted to kiss-cut by the time he wore 24. I'm confused honestly because I have Shaq in home yellow and road purple in Nike versions and they're layered so I assumed that was the accurate stitching style due to that.

I want to pulll the trigger on the away Lakers Just Don shorts but its redundant too since I have the home version and prefer those much more

Has any one here traded jerseys with Hardwood Fames? Same jersey , different size. If so, does he charge ( im assuming so) and how much?

Also, can he be talked down on prices?

Might be late but I've bought, traded and sold to Hardwood. Good dude
When I've bought from him, it's always been less than his ebay price as well. Since I was paying paypal direct and didn't have to worry about ebay fees

Any Len Bias jerseys out there anywhere?

Mitchell & Ness never made Len Bias jerseys. They even acknowledged that along with O.J. Simpson on their website during the 2000s.

Rampant bootlegs of Celtics jerseys of his that were rampant during the 2000s don't count either.

And it's too eerie to have a Celtics jersey of him since he never played a game for them. He just got a customized jersey handed to him on Draft Day before he tragically overdosed.

I believe the only legitimate authentic jerseys of Bias were NCAA Maryland Terps jerseys made by whatever company that had the license to produce NCAA stuff at that time.

Yesterday
E5B69EC7-8043-4585-91D8-EF3C5A6622EB.jpeg

Today
D47341BB-ADFB-4FC8-B037-6188B5C524F7.jpeg

Although I'm not into authentic shorts, nice correlation with the Knicks shorts and Penny 1 Knicks colorway. Nice of you to keep it '90s with those.

But more importantly, you did a good job of keeping those Penny shoes pristine! How the F did you do it after 15 years?

I wore mine during 2005, then put them back in the box since. I checked them last year and the bubbles on both shoes were clouded despite not wearing them for literally over 10 years! So they now became my beater shoes for my exercise in the neighborhood rec center unfortunately before gym closures went in effect since March.

Back
Top Bottom