Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Jones lookin like he just got trolled 
laugh.gif

Looks like we get Leben and Munoz on November 5th, for free.

Something in my gut, maybe it's my belief in Karma and how people get humbled when they really need it, but I think Rampage knocks him out cold. Like, Henderson/Bisping cold. I had the same feeling before the NBA Finals, that even though I'd have bet every dollar in my pocket on the Heat, I just knew karma would catch up to them.

Either way, Rampage is hilarious.

And I think BJ would make Nate tap inside of 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by quik1987

What's the point of calling it a grand prix? What happened to days where dudes would fight 3 times a night?

This grand prix has sucked.  When the next rounds will happen are always up in the air.  They should've had the rounds at consecutive events instead of spreading it around.  It feels like this tourney will take forever.  Fedor vs Hendo is better than any fight they had.

No doubt Fedor/Hendo is intriguing, but the fight is coming 5 or so years too late.

Honestly what does this fight prove for Fedor should he win? It's really pointless. I don't really care that he can beat an undersized Heavyweight who is already 40 years old. I really don't.

I want to see this guy go up against the best HW's in the world, it's a shame time and his management probably won't ever allow that to happen.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I want to see this guy go up against the best HW's in the world, it's a shame time and his management probably won't ever allow that to happen.
It's obvious that he can't compete against the highest level of competition any more. He is the greatest HW to ever live, but he hasn't looked impressive in a few years, even his victories against not even UFC-level opponents.

^ that's what happens when you fight cans for so long. If he loses to Hendo. Hendo becomes GOAT to me. Champion in every promotion hes fought in and beat top level fighters in 3 weight classes.

Faber vs Bowles @UFC139 in San Jose.

I think I might have to buy tickets to that one.

Also, Mighty Mouse vs Cruz on Versus 6. Hope Demetrious can pull it off, but I think we see Faber Cruz III in 2012.

Originally Posted by Burn916

Also, Mighty Mouse vs Cruz on Versus 6. Hope Demetrious can pull it off, but I think we see Faber Cruz III in 2012.
Definitely going to 139.

I think we're gonna see Faber Cruz III as well.

Mighty Mouse is gonna be a beast when they add flyweight eventually.

Whoaa. Faber vs. Bowles will be good! Depending how the rest of the card looks, ill have to order that as well.

Just looking through the MMA schedule for the next month, I don't think my body is ready. We are getting at least one MMA event per week.

July
July 22- Strikeforce Challengers 17 (Showtime)
July 23-Bellator FC 47 (MTV2)
July 30- Strikeforce Feder vs. Henderson (Showtime)

August
August 6- UFC 133 Evans vs. Ortiz II (PPV)
August 12- Strikeforce Challengers 18 (Showtime)
August 14- UFC Live 5 Hardy vs. Lytle (Versus)
August 20- Bellator FC 48 (MTV2)
August 27- UFC 134 Silva vs. Okami (PPV)

Originally Posted by Burn916

2 very good matchups in my favorite division.  I think Johnson has what it takes to win.  It'll be tough for him to take down Cruz for at least 3 round though.  Cruz will be dancing more than ever.  Bowles is one of my favorite fighters but Urijah might overwhelm him early.  Dude starts way too slow in fights.

Originally Posted by chino905

Just looking through the MMA schedule for the next month, I don't think my body is ready. We are getting at least one MMA event per week.

July
July 22- Strikeforce Challengers 17 (Showtime)
July 23-Bellator FC 47 (MTV2)
July 30- Strikeforce Feder vs. Henderson (Showtime)

August
August 6- UFC 133 Evans vs. Ortiz II (PPV)
August 12- Strikeforce Challengers 18 (Showtime)
August 14- UFC Live 5 Hardy vs. Lytle (Versus)
August 20- Bellator FC 48 (MTV2)
August 27- UFC 134 Silva vs. Okami (PPV)

do you guys get MTV2 in HD with your cable or satellite provider?

eff Time Warner man.  I know it sounds petty, but the only reason I dont really keep up as much with Bellator is because I cant stand watching stuff in standard def.  very very annoying.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^
Aldo v. Cruz for me. I want to see if Aldo can catch up with Cruz and bop him in the face a couple times.
If? Faber caught Cruz in the face more than a few times, Aldo will be able to do the same thing. Hell Cruz has been hit in other fights as well, as much as he dances around it's not as if he is never hit.

I would love to see Aldo go up though, not down.

As far as UFC events go... My God. The future just looks 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
134, 136, 137 139
eek.gif
eek.gif
even the free cards
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Faber dropped Cruz multiple times, so I'd rather see Frankie vs. Aldo.

It would be interesting to see Aldo's TDD against someone bigger and a much better wrestler than him.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^
Aldo v. Cruz for me. I want to see if Aldo can catch up with Cruz and bop him in the face a couple times.
If? Faber caught Cruz in the face more than a few times, Aldo will be able to do the same thing. Hell Cruz has been hit in other fights as well, as much as he dances around it's not as if he is never hit.

I would love to see Aldo go up though, not down.

As far as UFC events go... My God. The future just looks 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
134, 136, 137 139
eek.gif
eek.gif
even the free cards
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sorry... i should have been more detailed with my response.

by "bop" him in the face, i meant catch him with a KTFO type of shot that really *cue the joe rogan Rocks Cruz and puts him into dangerous waters.

Mousasi never ever looks like he cares 
laugh.gif

He always cracks me up

IDK where to rank him
I crack up every time. Poster boy for "and not a single $#%@ was given that day"
laugh.gif

His best days are ahead. He's only about to turn 26.

NT MMA Thread Summit @ UFC139? 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

gegard always lookin like he just got outta bed
laugh.gif
jab was lookin good against izumi...but izumi sucks

the end to ficket and crusher was weird to me, did fickets orbital get broke or soemthing? his pre fight poses in his corner had me
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom