[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Mets 2 for 33 in last 35 at bats with bases loaded

Damn YO!
eek.gif

I honestly think the Mets haven't hit well with bases loaded since Robin Ventura left.

lol true dude was mad clutch

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

Daniel Murphy = Greatest player in New York baseball history.
At the moment, can't disagree with that. Dude looks SOLID.
pimp.gif

If I just saw Santana's facial expression correctly after Beltran's dinger, it looked like "Damn, we score runs?"

Yea lets just hope Heilman keeps doing his thing because all of our other relievers haven't been as good.. As much as I hate Heilman, I gotta give it up tohim for stepping up lately.

Pelf last 2 losses have come vs the Fish, hope he can break the "streak" this time around.

Fastball pitcher vs a fastball hitting team, he should use his curve a little more.

Wow, this was the 1st time Pelf has allowed more than 1 walk in his last 7 outings, Marlins scored 3 runs in that last inning on 1 hit, geez.

Guess Pelf continues his problems vs the FISH, his sinker has not been sinking that much the past 4 outings.

No sweep I guess.

Ok tough loss today but we won the series. thats what we need to keep doing and we will be fine.

The next 15 games are cake, but this IS the Mets we are talking bout here , so I expect a few letdown games. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If we go 11-4 or 10-5 over the next 15 , which is VERY possible, we will be in 1st place by the time we play the Phillies in the 2 game series.

Let's go Mets!! I'm watching this Phillies game, and it looks like it might get rained out

I hope Pelf isn't reverting back to his old ways. I am not too worried, we still took the series. But we know have two series against crappy teams and thatnever goes well for us. We need to show we can beat the teams we are supposed to beat.

I would shut down Church for the rest of the year. It is really sad what happened to dude but I don't think the situation is worth risking.

I hope Pelf isn't reverting back to his old ways

His only poor starts have come vs the FISH, he;s a fastball pitcher vs a fastball power team, hasn't been good results so far.

Before this game he went 7 IP and ER vs the Cards and 6.2IP and 2 ER vs SD.

Mariners would still want a lot for Ibanez, he won't be a difference maker (I'm straight with the team as is).

Lineup for Monday's makeup game

Here's the lineup for Monday's series opener/finale/makeup game against the Pirates. Robinson Cancel is behind the plate, meaning Ramon Castro'sankle is still troublesome.

Reyes, ss
Evans, lf
Wright, 3b
Beltran, cf
Delgado, 1b
Tatis, rf
Easley, 2b
Cancel, c
Martinez, rhp

Chavez/Beltran/Tatis is our best defensive outfield right now, let Murph relax a bit and PH.

Oh, and according to Rotoworld.......Kunz will be sent down in favor of keeping Stokes (they like his versatility to stay in the pen and spot start right now).

September is nearing so expect to see Kunz up here in 3 weeks, plus with Castillo coming back in a bit (plus with Church possibly which I DOUBT)....Nick Evansand MAYBE Murphy will be sent down temporarily until September as well, but thats a week or 2 away.

(14:02:48) Brian: YES RALPH KINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
(14:02:48) John V: yay ralph kiner
(14:02:53) Brian: I knew he'd show up today
(14:03:05) John V: i wish there was an option to mute ron darling
(14:03:10) Brian: ^^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom