[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

It would have been nice to see Santana WANT to go out there for the 9th.

As disgusting as this game has ended up, its just ONE game. Mets have Maine/Ollie pitching the next 2 vs Eaton/Grandpa.

Now you see how important Wagner is, or ANY closer in general.

Don't be surprised Aguayo will be fired when you wake up tomm morning.
Pretty much. All the Wagner downers would've loved to see him in the position.

Mets, PLEASE take the series.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

I feel so bad for Johan...

btw.... There goes our season.

This is like a mini-collapse that is just to devastating...
Stop it

it might seem like thats an exaggeration.... but just watch...
nerd.gif

Don't u think ur being a drama queen dude? i mean come on, I kno its a tough loss but ur acting like this was the deciding game for us to get into thepostseason
eyes.gif
what will u say if we do make the playoffs? Just relax ntake ur mind off this game tonight, as that is what i will be doing
wink.gif

Jerry pretty much put on a clinic tonight on HOW to lose a game.

Why would you play shallow with Taguchi batting with a 2 run lead, play normal depth? Taguchi hit a fly ball to the defense but the defense was playingshallow. Joe Smith got a ground ball but Reyes didn't know what to do with it. It was just poor all around.

I heard Santana declined to pitch the 9th inning knowing there was no closer?

There so many things the Mets as a whole did wrong despite having a 3 run lead in the 9th, I knew something bad would happen the way the game was progressing.

Tomm is another day, Myers is HORRIBLE and Maine will bounce back.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

I feel so bad for Johan...

btw.... There goes our season.

This is like a mini-collapse that is just to devastating...
Stop it

it might seem like thats an exaggeration.... but just watch...
nerd.gif

Don't u think ur being a drama queen dude? i mean come on, I kno its a tough loss but ur acting like this was the deciding game for us to get into the postseason
eyes.gif
what will u say if we do make the playoffs? Just relax n take ur mind off this game tonight, as that is what i will be doing
wink.gif

Ok... we'll see... I hope I'm wrong though...
ohwell.gif

You can blame it on getting thrown out at the plate twice, playing shallow, not havin wagner ...whatever. When you can't hold a 3 run lead at home thatsjust pitiful. Championship teams don't do this. This time you will say Wagner screwed us again by not being able to pitch. You just can't win. We havelost the last 3 out of 4. This was a very demoralizing and embarassing loss.Like I said despite all the bad decisions and dumb dumb plays you still win gameslike this when you go into the 9th AT HOME with a 3 run lead. POINT BLANK - NO EXCUSES. Who does this type of @#% besides the Mets? Seriously?

You guys are over-reacting WAYYY too much. I was upset while it occurred but *+@$ happens. Lyons on the Diamondbacks allowed 5 runs in the 9th to the Dodgersthe other night. The Cards blew a 3-0 lead late to the Brewers tonight, stuff like this happens, let alone when you don't have your closer.

There is baseball EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The Mets were 7.5 games back a month ago and are fighting vs a division rival in JULY.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Maine vs Wifebeater.

Lets do this !

roll.gif

I still remember this near-fight he got into with a reporter after Myers didn't like how he pointed at him within 6 inches of his face
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Tonight's Lineup:

SS Jose Reyes
RF Endy Chavez
3B David Wright
1B Carlos Delgado
CF Carlos Beltran
LF Marlon Anderson
2B Damion Easley
C Brian Schneider
RH John Maine

I can't stand that little POS.

As for the lineup.....Marlon Anderson, Chavez, Easley, and Schneider....it's amazing we are in this position to be honest with you.

Mets need another bat and have to hope Church will miraculously be alright sometime soon.

Anderson would have been released already if the lineup was healthy.

Good job working that at bat Schneider.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Keith saying "repertoire", and then going "That's frenchfor repertwat". I know I can't spell those words correctly, but whoever was watching knows...

The longer this game goes on tied, the worse the Mets are off the way they haven't capitalized early on.

His home run trot is the funniest yet awkward in baseball. Dude runs leaning his left shoulder towards the ground.

LOL @ Wright and Reyes just hugging each other, how cute (nh).
laugh.gif

Glad Reyes hit that. I believe he gets Philly fans the most pissed, kind of like how Rollins pisses me off even though I know he is a good player.

These 2 games have shown us how important Wags is in my opinion. Dude went out there and like he said, "looked better than he felt" and he shut themdown 1,2,3.

Let's get first place to our lonesome tomorrow, when I miss another game cuz I am at work allll day.

BUT, going to the game Friday night, and have field level seats to boot. If any other NTers are going, let me know where you're gonna be at.

Didn't get to see tonight's game but I was there last night. That $*%% was such a letdown, but you could just see it coming.

Back
Top Bottom