[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

63044227zp0.png

Lets Make it 11 Fellas!

Maine needs to go deep for a change, I'm kind of tired of the 100 pitches in 5 routine lately....the constant 3-2 counts to EVERY batter, etc. Nobody isfalling for that high fastball anymore, he needs a better strikeout pitch.

BUT this is Mez's team so go Phillies!

I hate you Q.

From ESPN:

The New York Mets and the Atlanta Braves recently conducted conference calls with the Pittsburgh Pirates discussing the availability of Xavier Nady.
Despite multiple reports of an "exorbitant" price for Nady it appears that the Pirates are only seeking two quality prospects in return, thePittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Why the Braves are even interested is a question mark, they suck.

Gary is starting to annoy me. Never thought I'd say that.

But when Bruce just hit that homer, did anyone hear Gary say "it's ridiculous that a guy can hit a ball THAT way and have it be a homerun".

First of all, he sounds like a hater. That's just the way baseball is. Sometime you get good wood on a ball but the wind keeps it in the park. Is itridiculous that Mother Nature prevented a homerun in that scenario Gary?

And secondly, if a Met had hit the ball the same way and had it end up being a homer, would he still have called it "ridiculous"?
indifferent.gif

to be fair Gary and Keith said the same thing when Tatis and Wright hit those 320ft homeruns....

Maine has struggled all year with pitch count. Doesn't have that put away pitch(is always in the longest ABs)

Weird inning with not one ball hit hard, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Hopefully the pen stops this bleeding and we can get it together with the bats again.

Yall HAVE to be bothered by Maine.

He can't go a game without throwing 100 pitches in 5 innings. And not walk 4 guys

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

to be fair Gary and Keith said the same thing when Tatis and Wright hit those 320ft homeruns....
Missed those comments.

Either way, I don't understand what's so "ridiculous" about getting homeruns like that. Whether it was a Met who hit it or not.

Anyway, John and Oliver.... both are so maddening.
smh.gif

Maine's issue isn't as bad as Ollie, because Maine has always been reliable in stopping losing streaks....but he's been in a funk lately thatI'm sure he'll snap out of.

Ollie is as inconsistent as they come even though he's been pitching well lately.

Arroyo always pitches TOUGH against the Mets even if the numbers are not good. Our only hope for continuing the streak is the Reds bullpen.

Tonights lineup for the Mets reads as follows:

Player_____________BA._____HR_____RBI_____SB

1. SS Jose Reyes______.295____10______43______32
2. RF Endy Chavez____.265____1_______10______4
3. 3B David Wright____.285____18______74______11
4. CF Carlos Beltran___.270____15______67______15
5. 2B Damion Easley___.284____3______24_______0
6. 1B Carlos Delgado___.252____18______55______1
7. LF Fernando Tatis__.307_____5______22______3
8. C Brian Schneider___.256_____2______20______0

Player_____________W_____L_____ERA_____K

9. LHP Oliver Perez___6______5_____4.44_____89

We got this, Perez has been consistent lately and he usually pitches well against the Reds.

Besides Josh Fogg is a lame.

Reyes avg took a huge dip the past two nights, .302 to .295.

Hope to see a solid effort from Ollie.....we still need an outfielder in the worst way (you can't rely on Church coming back AND being 100% the rest of theway).

I think if Martinez was a right-handed at bat he would have been called up, but some people say he really isn't quite there yet in terms of being ready.

I do want to take a trip to see a Binghamton game (B-Mets) again sometime soon, Murphy and Martinez look good on the field (NH). Kunz throws some damnheat...97mph with regularity. Neise is another pitcher I'm high on but he wasn't particularly sharp last time out, throws low 90's but there was aninning he threw only high 80's and got hit hard.

Martinez wasn't TOO accurate with his throwing arm though, I think he would be more suited for LF as opposed to RF.

Bay to me is not a big time player IMO.

Mez, would you rather have Bay, Nady or Ibanez? i think those are our 3 top choices at the deadline
i would go with Bay becuase of his power, nady i dont trust much and ibanez is old

I wouldn't want to give up someone for a rental (Ibanez) as good as he is.

Either or with Nady or Bay, I heard they lowered their asking price for Xavier......just take the best possible option.

Back
Top Bottom