Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the top two basketball names in the world currently. Still top 3 in scoring. Still dominates a team in all facets with Dwight, Nash and Gasol as co-headliners.

Kobe is a superstar.

I think you're putting a little too much stock into the word superstar. I'm a Celtics fan and I think Kobe is definitely still a superstar. He isn't (solely) at fault for the Lakers' season thus far.

Chris Paul hasn't been past the 2nd round his entire career, but he's a superstar?

Quoted just to see that guys response about cp3 being a superstar.

If you're interested in a fun/absurd JR Smith stat listen to this

At one point in the middle of the game a stat came up that said 36 of JR Smith's last 40 shot attempts were 3 point attempts

And then immediately after that he attempted 2 more 3 point attempts making it 38 of his last 42 shots.
lol..sounds like playing against the knicks in 2k...he needs to diversify his bonds man...take it to the cup or sumn...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Cuz with no dambs given and just airing out why he got the tech 
mean.gif
one day the light is gonna come on and dude is gonna BEAST in this league...word to zbo...wont be the kings tho..dude has all the talent in the world...straight knucklehead tho...

I think you're putting a little too much stock into the word superstar. I'm a Celtics fan and I think Kobe is definitely still a superstar. He isn't (solely) at fault for the Lakers' season thus far.

Chris Paul hasn't been past the 2nd round his entire career, but he's a superstar?

At this point and time, yes. At the very least for this season he is. He's the leader and best player on a team who now has a chance to win a title. Prior to him getting there...well yeah. So yes, he is a superstar RIGHT NOW. Above all, a superstar changes the culture of a team, and gives your team a strong chance to win, and a strong chance to go deep into the playoffs. Chris Paul does that in my eyes.

I cannot go with Kobe Bryant being a superstar. Is he the sole reason why the Lakers have been bad this year? No, far from it. At the same time, he is the leader and best player on that team. You cannot be a superstar and your team isn't in the playoffs. He's doing nothing more than scoring a lot of empty points this season. (and for the last 3 seasons if we're being honest) For THIS SEASON, I wouldn't call him a superstar.

I would also still consider Kobe a superstar.
how is Kobe not a superstar?

im confused, hes putting up great numbers (scoring wise) plus everyone in the world knows him and about him even if you never watched a minute of basketball.

Because his teams have been bounced out the 2nd round the last two years and as it stands today, isn't in the playoffs.

That's not a superstar. The most important thing when considering a superstar is wins. He's a little more efficient Carmelo as it stands at this moment.

What are you smoking on fam?!?! The guy has 5 chips and was still the leading vote for the AllStar gm this year STILL!!!! That's not a Superstar....ok

so how was Lebron a superstar when he was losing every year for 8 years up until last year? :rolleyes

how was Iverson a superstar and he never even won anything?

K

What are you smoking on fam?!?! The guy has 5 chips and was still the leading vote for the AllStar gm this year STILL!!!! That's not a Superstar....ok

Man what you just described is a very popular player not a superstar :lol:

So for this season, he's a superstar? Or an extremely popular player who's past merits "warrant" him being labeled a superstar?

Looking at that shot chart. All I want to know is why lebron wasn't put on his backside. Wusses. Looks like they let him waltz in there as he pleased.

Last edited:
Looking at that shot chart. All I want to know is why lebron wasn't put on his backside. Wusses. Looks like they let him waltz in there as he pleased.

Cause who can possibly even attempt to bring that guy down...you act like hacking LeBron is easy to do he's a mack truck with a ferrari engine

Cause who can possibly even attempt to bring that guy down...you act like hacking LeBron is easy to do he's a mack truck with a ferrari engine
It would look blatant as hell too.

Ain't nobody trying to get suspended 

@CoupNBA: As far as finishing in the restricted area goes, LeBron is having the best season since Shaq in 2000-01.

@CoupNBA: So LeBron right now is effectively peak Shaq, plus 40 percent 3pt shooting, plus ballhandling and assists, plus perimeter defense.

sick.gif

mean.gif

@CoupNBAAs far as finishing in the restricted area goes, LeBron is having the best season since Shaq in 2000-01.

@CoupNBASo LeBron right now is effectively peak Shaq, plus 40 percent 3pt shooting, plus ballhandling and assists, plus perimeter defense.

:x  
mean.gif
Lebron is "peak Shaq"?

:lol: C'mon now.

Can't touch Lebron without getting a flagrant

The guy also get away with a lot of bogus non call on defend

There was a period where he went through 10 games without getting a personal foul on him. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom