Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're putting Harden over Russy I guess. Close call.

Because you're def not replacing Parker with Harden.
Either of them in my opinion. Harden and Parker were basically a wash to me but Harden played 12 more games and 800+ more minutes.

Melo has been bounced in the first round 8 of 10 seasons, with 1 wcf appearance and 1 EC semis appearance. Even LeBron's record as a Cav is far superior than that.
During majority of that time, who played in the tougher conference? You're not going to factor that into your equation though are you? The west is far superior to the east but I'm sure you know that.

But no1 is saying Melo is better than Bron. But put Melo on the Heat and they do just as good.
Jesus Christ man, you gotta chill with this stuff. I'm trying really hard not to take part in any NYK slander but some of you guys make it really difficult.

Last edited:
The third team is about right for Harden.

I don't know if I could put him over TP, Russ, (Should be on the 1st team,) Cp, or Kobe.

[QUOTE url="/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread/78330#post_17959622"]
Melo is gonna make up for Lebrons passing and rebounds? What about Lebrons defense? And wade isn't the wade he was before so people still talking like lebron isn't as good because wade and bosh are talking about the 2006 wade. But we all know that guy in the past.

You're acting like Melo and Wade can't rebound and/or pass. That's simply ******ed thinking. People said the same thing about Kobe though so I get it. Melo is a ****** defender but Wade isn't. The team would have to work around what they all do best but it would work just like it's working for the Heat now. Wade can still play. The thing is, he made a sacrifice for the greater good of his team. Him and LeBron can't both be front the front man. Wade has won a title with a lot less talent than he has now correct? Who the hell said LeBron isn't great? I never once said that. Only an idiot would say that.
[/quote]

I don't see it.
Lebron rarely takes bad shots. Always finds the open man. Can play any position effectively. All melo can do is score. He wouldn't even fit in there offense. Wade lebron and bosh are the definition of a perfect tandem. Look what clippers, and lakers did together with there superstars.
I'm not saying your wrong because obviously nobody knows in hypotheticals. But just being superstars doesn't mean victories in the playoffs. It takes coaching and chemistry. Example. San Antonio, Detroit, jordans bulls, show time lakers, Larry's celtics. If you swap around some of those superstars it just wouldn't be the same.
Therefor I don't see melo meshing well with bosh or wade.

Melo has played with top teams? 
roll.gif

LeBron would have won a title with Denver's roster? 
roll.gif

You clearly don't know the difference between good and great so, I'm going to leave this be.
You're telling me Lebron wouldn't have beaten the Lakers in the WCF the year the Nuggets got to it? Lol Lebron would have made that roster great

:lol: @ at this Melo talk. Pacers would destroy Miami if they replaced Melo with LeBron

Melo has been bounced in the first round 8 of 10 seasons, with 1 wcf appearance and 1 EC semis appearance. Even LeBron's record as a Cav is far superior than that.

Dat Eastern conference cake walk (back then)

Must be nice. But lets not forget Bron missed the playoffs his first year as well.

But no1 is saying Melo is better than Bron. But put Melo on the Heat and they do just as good. All those other guys who can hit shots consistently pulls the doubles off Melo and would make him even more dangerous.

Oh yeah with the great defense of Melo with his capabilities of passing/rebounding.

Like Wade would let his butt take the team over.

:rofl:

the elite status are for the great players who deliver results. why cant melo fans be happy that he is a good solid player. if/when he starts winning, he will get his praise. until then, he is a good player with a few patches on his all star jacket, just not as many as the best in the league.

Get off Melos junk bro!! Melo has played with top teams before and hasn't done squat! He has played with Allen Iverson, Chauncy Billups, Marcus Camby in his prime!!! Marcus Camby was the DPOY in 07. The reason why they haven't gone anywhere is because of Melo. I bet if you put Melo on the Cavs team that went to the finals, they wouldn't have made it out of round 1. Put Lebron on the Nuggets with the supporting cast of Marcus Camby, J.R. Smith, Birdman coming off the bench, A.I and Chauncy and I guarantee you he would have won a title by now. Lol seriously Lebron had guys like Mo Williams and Verajo (sp?) while Melo had Camby, Nene, A.I and so on. And just an FYI, Melo wouldn't have won a championship in Miami with Wade and Bosh, he'd just take away shots

Posts like these man :x

When were Melo's team ever even favored in a majority of those series? Facing Lakers/Spurs half the time is not the same as Wizards/Nets during the Cavs trip to the Finals. Only twice were they even favored and one of those times they went to the West Finals and lost to the Lakers.

I understand its either love/hate with the guy but some of ya'll are jokes. :lol: Comparing Melo to Lebron :lol:

Last edited:
But no1 is saying Melo is better than Bron. But put Melo on the Heat and they do just as good.
Jesus Christ man, you gotta chill with this stuff. I'm trying really hard not to take part in any NYK slander but some of you guys make it difficult.
So your saying Bron is the only guy in the league that could have gotten 60+ wins with that team?

I will reiterate for the millionth time. Lebron is the best player in the league. No1 is arguing that. But that team making the Finals isnt exactly coming out of nowhere. Whether its Melo, Durant, CP3 or even James Harden for that matter would probably be around the same position in the East.

Half the time, Bron isnt even out there playing his hardest because he just doesnt have to. Lebron playing at 85% speed/performance the whole year pretty much yields the same results as the rest of those guys going 100 all year. Lebron doesnt really turn up until the 4th if his team is down. He just sorta coasts to his stats. Dude put up the most low key triple double last night and I wouldnt have even known he had it or was even close until they said he had it.

Im not discrediting Brons skillset. Just saying its not exactly the most impressive thing in the league that this team is where they are.

Last edited:
and lol at Kobe being in the 1st team
You know what, I didn't want to be the first one to say it but yeah. People are gonna get really pissed off at this though.

I wish there was player a vs b vs c bs d etc thread.

Most people posting this stuff is just to validate their own opinions, if you don't agree you're an idiot and you don't watch basketball or you've never dribbled a day in your life.

People love lebron, Kobe mike, Carmelo. Chances are what you say in a few hundred word post isn't going to change their minds.

Ready for Saturday and the playing to begin already.

I would have gone:

Gasol, LeBron, Durant, Paul and Westbrook
Duncan, Griffin, Melo, Kobe and Harden
Howard, Lee, George, Parker (missed 16 games!) and Wade (or Curry since Wade missed 9 more games than him)

Last edited:
So your saying Bron is the only guy in the league that could have gotten 60+ wins with that team?

I will reiterate for the millionth time. Lebron is the best player in the league. No1 is arguing that. But that team making the Finals isnt exactly coming out of nowhere. Whether its Melo, Durant, CP3 or even James Harden for that matter would probably be around the same position in the East.

Half the time, Bron isnt even out there playing his hardest because he just doesnt have to. Lebron playing at 85% speed/performance the whole year pretty much yields the same results as the rest of those guys going 100 all year. Lebron doesnt really turn up until the 4th if his team is down. He just sorta coasts to his stats. Dude put up the most low key triple double last night and I wouldnt have even known he had it or was even close until they said he had it.

Im not discrediting Brons skillset. Just saying its not exactly the most impressive thing in the league that this team is where they are.
I think you're severely overlooking what LeBron does night in and night out.
why cant melo fans be happy that he is a good solid player.
THANK YOU. He's a very good player. Just appreciate him for what he is. Stop with the LeBron comparisons. Stop with the Durant comparisons. Stop with the MVP talk. Just stop.

He was ballin last night. But you can honestly say you knew he was close to the triple double before they announced it? If you did then good for you. Im just saying he made that triple double look real easy last night.

I feel like some of you are taking one sentence out of what I say and running with it. Bron is a freak. But the team around him are no bums. That is all that im saying. No1 in the league is on his level. But he doesnt even have to play to the best of his abilities night in and night out for this team to be successful.

AGAIN, BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE HANDS DOWN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom