• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meannnnnnnnnnn how is he wrong, Dudes will talk you to death about how bad the Cavs roster is & then in the very same breath want to compare stats as a way of saying Lebron is clearly so much better than someone. If your that good a player on that bad of a team, chances are your stats will go up because your required to do more.

It's no coincidence that KD averaged 32 and won a MVP the year Russ went down with injury, he had more oppurtunity & responsibility to boost his numbers.

Also this was in direct response to Lebron trying to Downplay Kd's performance because he has guys he could fall back on when he doesn't have it going (As if this hasn't been his exact position every year from 2010-up until this year)

Lakers could pay a heavy price for a third star (Ingram/Ball/Kuzma + draft pick(s) + Deng for salary filler). And with the expected cap crunch this summer, they might luck into signing a vet or two for cheap.
So Bron PG Kawhi (or whatever other trio) and no bench? No other young player besides Hart? You’re taking on the Warriors with only 4 guys who’d belong on the court?

Magic probably does it but I don’t know.

What makes the Warriors so tough is that they literally just swapped out Barnes for Durant. Didn’t have to give up Dray, Klay, Iggy, or draft picks.

It's amazing how the order of history matters. If KD was the first piece of the puzzle, having been drafted by the warriors, and they had built the same team around him, he'd be getting love for his playoff performances

But because he happened to be the last piece of the puzzle, ppl are clowning him despite what he does for the team.

KD has played on more “talented” teams in OKC. What kept him from winning rings was Squrtle. That’s the real reason why he left.

31 7 and 4 in 42 MPG in the ECF

49D0CF59-B4C0-4F21-99E0-311EEC4AC28D.png
yea not replacing Grant yet was much bigger factor there.

You always need someone to do the dirty work down low. Every bit as important as MJ’s 30 ppg.

So Bron PG Kawhi (or whatever other trio) and no bench? No other young player besides Hart? You’re taking on the Warriors with only 4 guys who’d belong on the court?

Magic probably does it but I don’t know.

What makes the Warriors so tough is that they literally just swapped out Barnes for Durant. Didn’t have to give up Dray, Klay, Iggy, or draft picks.
Can't say I'm for or against it at this point. I'm just going to sit back and watch.

But I don't think the Lakers have to give up all of the young core I mentioned. Maybe two of the three, definitely not all three.

I think Bron has to be willing to take a significant pay cut if he wants to put together a team that can compete against the warriors.

Hypothetically, if Bron comes to LA I assume PG comes to LA as well and I'm interested in seeing the effect that PG and Bron have directly on Kuzma, and really Brandon Ingram.

Where are the minutes going to come from with Kuzma w/both PG and Bron? I feel like he'd almost certainly be on the market in this scenario and from a pure basketball standpoint, I think Bron and PG taking years off of BI's development is something worth noting and kind of concerning, especially if you believe that peak BI is a tier one player or close to that.

KD has played on more “talented” teams in OKC. What kept him from winning rings was Squrtle. That’s the real reason why he left.

It is the reason he left as far as gradual buildup with Russ over the years, but him and Russ equally played a part in why they choked away the GSW series.

Hypothetically, if Bron comes to LA I assume PG comes to LA as well and I'm interested in seeing the effect that PG and Bron have directly on Kuzma, and really Brandon Ingram.

Where are the minutes going to come from with Kuzma w/both PG and Bron? I feel like he'd almost certainly be on the market in this scenario and from a pure basketball standpoint, I think Bron and PG taking years off of BI's development is something worth noting and kind of concerning, especially if you believe that peak BI is a tier one player or close to that.
This is exactly what Laker fans have been saying, it's not unfair tbh

Reactions: MVP
It is the reason he left as far as gradual buildup with Russ over the years, but him and Russ equally played a part in why they choked away the GSW series.

I agree but that was not the only time they were in the WCF. A major reason why they lost the finals was because of Russ.

This is exactly what Laker fans have been saying, it's not unfair tbh

Yeah ultimately it really is about how good you think Lonzo/kuzma/BI will ultimately become.

The comparison isn't close to the same, but with LAC you had BG fresh off of a dynamo rookie year, have the ball taken out of his hands by CP, which definitely stifled and hindered his development as an overall player. The reps that BG would have gotten as being "that guy" "that playmaker" that "go to scorer" went to CP and while LAC won a ton of games, this IMO affected Blake's potential never being materialized.

Conversely, like with the Lakers now, 3 years of Bron / PG / whoever and still not being better than the warriors, is that worth sacrificing the real developmental years of your lotto picks? Of course it is, because it's Lebron, and none of those guys will ever be as good as Lebron will be in year 16/17/18 but I can totally understand why Laker fans would be concerned. These are the formative years of players, they need the reps that are going to go to bron, PG, player x, etc.

I dont see why Portland would trade Aminu and a 1st for PJ tucker lol
Yes, plus Aminu is an expiring anyway so he'll be good to go as opposed to Tucker who is on the books for two more years

Blazers need to shed salary rather than acquire more

They definitely cannot afford to trade picks unless they're getting an absolute home run

Aminu would be a good replacement if Houston has plans to unload Tucker or not resign Mbah a Moute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom