• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the deadline for Bron to opt in is June 29th so if that date passes Houston is out of the mix.
MVP MVP let me know if I’m correct in thinking the following If Bron opts in :

Rockets have to trade at least 2 of the 3
(Anderson, Gordon, and Tucker)
Let Ariza and Cap walk
Sign Cp to a significant discounted deal...

I still don’t understand why anyone would take Ryan Anderson :lol:

Similar situation to Deng. A team is gonna want picks and young assets to absorb his salary. Teams that are tanking like the Suns, Knicks, Nets, etc. who don't plan on competing for the playoffs in the next few years can absorb those types of contracts in exchange for assets. Look at the D'angelo Russell trade.

MVP MVP let me know if I’m correct in thinking the following If Bron opts in :

Rockets have to trade at least 2 of the 3
(Anderson, Gordon, and Tucker)
Let Ariza and Cap walk
Sign Cp to a significant discounted deal...

Bron makes 36 mil next year if he opts in so EG & Anderson definitely have to go.
Ariza and PJ will be casualties as well.

I think the Rockets have the rights of CP & Capela though and would be able to go over the cap to resign them. They'd be in luxury tax hell but I think they can keep all 4 (even CP at his max salary).

Bron makes 36 mil next year if he opts in so EG & Anderson definitely have to go.

I think the Rockets have the rights of CP & Capela though and would be able to go over the cap to resign them. They'd be in luxury tax hell but I think they can keep all 4 (even CP at his max salary).
check out my post on the last page outlining a potential scenario where this doesn't have to happen. it's a long read but it shows how we can retain a lot of our roster while still adding bron.

If i'm not mistaking Hou would only have the Tax payer mid level & also be being Obscene amounts of tax with that move

Trading for Lebron & another big contract & then bringing back their important players via bird rights would leave them at about 160'000'000

Last edited:

If everything went absolutely perfect the only players they would have to get rid of is Anderson, Nene and non guaranteed contracts

Bron/CP/Beard would be the best situation for all 3 but rather keep Bron away from Beard

Don't see Hou pulling it off but still very possible

That's not what I mean. When CP came to the rockets he went from being the primary ballhandler to playing more of the ball and let James Harden cook

Lebron is not going to do that.

Harden and Bron minutes will be staggered, CP and Harden would play more together than what they did last year.

I would think LeBron would love to have someone who could take the having to make every play possible responsibility off hin

I know Lebron doesn't want to play PF full time because he wants to preserve his body but he'd be a straight bully in the post. Zo is gonna be dishing those perfect post entry passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom