Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just take Henson and call it a night
laugh.gif

Brandon, Uncle Jeff isn't coming back. He seemed pretty matter of fact about it on his Twitter a few days ago, wondee how much it had to do with the heart condition thing, which even after the NBAs statement, everyone is still in the dark on most of the details. Besides, he is probably going to command 9mil or so anyways so he would have to take a paycut.

James for Beal, don't like it at all if it happens. It will be a rued day around these parts. I hope Beal can grow a beard, otherwise what are we gonna do with all this corny beard memorobilia? Beal could be a star, could become an 18,5,5 type of guy. Problem when comparing the 2, James already is. And that Washington deal, no thank you if Crawford is involved

Why is OKC shopping Harden like they barely made the playoffs or something? Yeah, we get it  - you can't afford him; but you dumb %***@ were 3 wins short of winning it all with that squad.

You can't afford to start from scratch again and attempt to build around a player in this draft with the current pieces you have now. Harden was the energy they needed off the bench every game. No one is going to come in and immediately help you win a championship in this draft.

You're a championship team already. You don't need someone who can come in and hit 3's. You need an athletic big who can make an impact offensively.

Horrible thirst, the Thunder haz.

okc is in a win now mode. why mess with that. you know what you got in harden, even if it's for a couple more yrs. it's a pretty good problem to have.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Why is OKC shopping Harden like they barely made the playoffs or something? Yeah, we get it  - you can't afford him; but you dumb %***@ were 3 wins short of winning it all with that squad.

You can't afford to start from scratch again and attempt to build around a player in this draft with the current pieces you have now. Harden was the energy they needed off the bench every game. No one is going to come in and immediately help you win a championship in this draft.

You're a championship team already. You don't need someone who can come in and hit 3's. You need an athletic big who can make an impact offensively.

i agree with all of this..

my biggest problem with this whole thing, WE CAN AFFORD HARDEN NOW.. he isn't a restricted free agent until next year.. wait until next year and then sell him to the highest bidder.. i assume he'll play his !%! off in a contract year AND thus his value will remain high

only way i make a deal this year is if another team blows me away.. and IN MY OPINION i would want the 2nd pick and the ability to swap 1st round picks with them once during the next five years (without any restrictions)

just look at the spurs way of doing things and thats the way okc is going. spurs where always built for now and the future and was good cap wise.

Sixers offered the Hawks Iggy, Thad Young and their two 2nd rounders for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams.

I cant remember the last draft where everything after 1 was so dynamic.  Normally the first few picks are pretty much set in stone.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Sixers offered the Hawks Iggy, Thad Young and their two 2nd rounders for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams.

ummm why dont they want to do the deal with the raptors?!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

just look at the spurs way of doing things and thats the way okc is going. spurs where always built for now and the future and was good cap wise.
Why do you think its a good idea for them to make this trade, but a bad idea for Memphis to trade ZBO for Robinson (from the other thread)? Do you like EVERYTHING the Thunder do? That doesn't even make sense. You have one team 3 wins away from a cahmpionship getting rid of a 22 year old who is a really good player for an unproven rookie compared to a team that got knocked out of the 1st round trying to gain flexibility by trading a 30-31 yr old PF for the best PF in the draft....

roll.gif

Obviously, I'm all for trading Harden. But the Bobcats JUST got BG, (who by the way, is now the highest paid player on the team). If they acquire Harden, he's eventually gonna command top dollar as well. BG gets 12 mil next year and a player option for 13 mil the year after. So you potentially will tie up big money in 2 guys who play the same position? Which one of them would come off the bench? Cuz they still have Kemba AND DJ.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Why do you think its a good idea for them to make this trade, but a bad idea for Memphis to trade ZBO for Robinson (from the other thread)? Do you like EVERYTHING the Thunder do? That doesn't even make sense. You have one team 3 wins away from a cahmpionship getting rid of a 22 year old who is a really good player for an unproven rookie compared to a team that got knocked out of the 1st round trying to gain flexibility by trading a 30-31 yr old PF for the best PF in the draft....

roll.gif

dude i was saying fan bases get up in arms over them kind of trade fool

i agree that it was a good trade and memphis better do it if it was true

SAS paid their top 3 though.

Parker & Ginobili are each around 12-14 mil annually

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

i agree with all of this..

my biggest problem with this whole thing, WE CAN AFFORD HARDEN NOW.. he isn't a restricted free agent until next year.. wait until next year and then sell him to the highest bidder.. i assume he'll play his !%! off in a contract year AND thus his value will remain high

Yup. Man I hope your team manages to keep Harden for this next upcoming year..

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Buc Em

ummm why dont they want to do the deal with the raptors?!

The deal the Raptors wanna do is Iggy and 15 for 8, Calderon and Ed Davis...I think their not sure how big of a talent drop there really is from 8-15 in this draft in who they want, Calderon will probably only be with the team for a year and I'm not sure they really think that highly of Ed Davis.

Vin Parise: According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls are drafting Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas tonight with the 29th pick -- backup for Derrick Rose

not sure how much weight this holds but we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom