Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Help! What does "SECOND" stamp mean on the size label on box? B-Grade?

This dude on ebay is hassling over his west.  He first listed them with a $400 starting bid plus $20 ship a month ago, didnt sell.  Offered him $350, he said No and that had a local pickup for $380, I told him I would match if it fell through.  He told me he wouldn't take less than $400 plus shipping $20 (for the hassle of having to ship them).   Now he just relisted them on Ebay with starting bid of $480 plus shipping...  Some ppl man, I just cant figure them out.  

I really want the West but cant see myself supporting this guy/paying this much.

This dude on ebay is hassling over his west.  He first listed them with a $400 starting bid plus $20 ship a month ago, didnt sell.  Offered him $350, he said No and that had a local pickup for $380, I told him I would match if it fell through.  He told me he wouldn't take less than $400 plus shipping $20 (for the hassle of having to ship them).   Now he just relisted them on Ebay with starting bid of $480 plus shipping...  Some ppl man, I just cant figure them out.  

I really want the West but cant see myself supporting this guy/paying this much.

Don't Bother wasting your time with that guy same dude I went back and fourth with on ebay after selling my pair for only $250 shipped since they were to big and he pulled the same thing with me about lowest I'll take is $420 so i told him he was crazy for asking that price and told him GL with his sale. Some people just want to rape people on price with sand paper and no lube a pair will pop up again for a decent price don't trip

Patience is key with the west NYC's bought my orginal pair for $180 from someone locally.

I wouldn't either. Some people don't mind helping you get what you want for a decent price. Then you have people like that who know you want them and are trying to get all they can. It's messed all up.

RIP CHUNX

Seconds is a product that sold for cheaper because it is damaged or not in perfect condition.

I see. Thanks guys. Those are the 996 American Rebel. I didn't know they were selling them at NB outlet. I bought it new for $70 shipped on eBay but the seller didn't tell me it was B-Grade. There's no flaws though so I think I'll keep it.

Last edited:

Anybody know how much I'm gonna have to drop if I'm trying cop the Undefeated 1500s? Only one pair on Ebay and its coming from Australia, not trying to pay that shipping $$

btw I'm referring to the tan ones from 2010, not last year's
i sold my vnds sz 10 for 250 shipped idk if that helps

I wouldn't either. Some people don't mind helping you get what you want for a decent price. Then you have people like that who know you want them and are trying to get all they can. It's messed all up.
Why is trying to maximize your profit messed up though?  Like I get that asking $480 for those is overkill, but dude has no obligation to work with any buyer to ensure they get what they want for a decent price.  Since when was eBay about decent prices on harder to find kicks?  

Honestly, eBay sucks for sellers these days.  For every seller with sky high prices, I've dealt with 5 buyers who want to cut deals.  And there isn't anything wrong with wanting a cheaper price b/c we all do, but now it's almost like sellers are expected to entertain offers.  When you get offers of $50 shipped on a shoe that's priced at only $60 shipped, you know things have gone downhill.

No plug, but look at the shoes in my sig.  Those are priced $30 below retail, yet I'm getting messages for $80 and $90 shipped.  What part of the game is that?  
laugh.gif

Cool Trife, I added you to favorite sellers on ebay - and **** yeah, that's a good price on those 996s.  What Im saying is, look at my feedback on ebay, many times if a seller asked for a price and it doesnt sell, I contact the seller time and again to work out a price that I could pay immediately, or put down a chunk to hold until I could pay soon.  In this case they relisted well above what we talked about.  

Ive had so many auctions go to non paying bidders, over $700 worth to people who bid and didnt pay.  That's a SUPER waste of time, while ebay screws sellers.  Yeah, I might be trying to make a deal, but it's a reasonable deal (in this case $75-$100 more than market/not retail) that I would pay immediately and that should say something.  

I dont ask for crazy prices when I sell, usually sell well below retail, but you're right, to each their own.  In this case just seems like this guy is trying to jack the price cause I want them.  

I just don't own knee pads.

I'm assuming this is old news, but has anyone seen these Kennedy samples before? The pair on the left looks pretty wild. They're from the New Balance pop-up shop/mini museum Cncpts put together over the month.

Cool Trife, I added you to favorite sellers on ebay - and **** yeah, that's a good price on those 996s.  What Im saying is, look at my feedback on ebay, many times if a seller asked for a price and it doesnt sell, I contact the seller time and again to work out a price that I could pay immediately, or put down a chunk to hold until I could pay soon.  In this case they relisted well above what we talked about.  

Ive had so many auctions go to non paying bidders, over $700 worth to people who bid and didnt pay.  That's a SUPER waste of time, while ebay screws sellers.  Yeah, I might be trying to make a deal, but it's a reasonable deal (in this case $75-$100 more than market/not retail) that I would pay immediately and that should say something.  

I dont ask for crazy prices when I sell, usually sell well below retail, but you're right, to each their own.  In this case just seems like this guy is trying to jack the price cause I want them.  

I just don't own knee pads.
Good points, my man.  I guess both sides of the coin seem to have legitimate gripes at times.  And yeah, jacking the price up like that definitely seems to be because he knows you want them. Definitely a d-bag move on his part, but at the same time that's his prerogative.  Just take solace in knowing that there is a .05% chance that they sell for $480 plus shipping.  He'll come back down eventually.  

As far as non-paying bidders go, I switched to BIN w/ immediate payment required and I've had no problems since.  It sucks not being able to rely on what made eBay great--the auction format.  But the non-paying bidders have gotten WAY out of hand.  Just another reason why selling on Feebay kinda sucks now.  
ohwell.gif

And thanks for the favorite seller add. 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Good points, my man.  I guess both sides of the coin seem to have legitimate gripes at times.  And yeah, jacking the price up like that definitely seems to be because he knows you want them. Definitely a d-bag move on his part, but at the same time that's his prerogative.  Just take solace in knowing that there is a .05% chance that they sell for $480 plus shipping.  He'll come back down eventually.  

As far as non-paying bidders go, I switched to BIN w/ immediate payment required and I've had no problems since.  It sucks not being able to rely on what made eBay great--the auction format.  But the non-paying bidders have gotten WAY out of hand.  Just another reason why selling on Feebay kinda sucks now.  
ohwell.gif

And thanks for the favorite seller add. 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Same thing I did. I have had SOOOO many winning bidders not pay me. What type of clown wins an auction but doesn't have ANY intention to pay up. smh But it now with immediate payment is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom