Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For those of you still yearning (and holding out hope) for a certain high-end 997 that's been rumored to release, skip to 2:51 of the video.  
nerd.gif

Perhaps, still?

Last edited:

but i never seen it on runners, is this something a lot of people do?
I hope not, as it is a terrible idea.

The product literally take moisture out of materials it is applied to; it causes car dashes and interiors to crack more quickly and easily; I imagine it will do the same with shoe material.  I would never use that crap on any of my shoes. 

Car detailers hate Armor All.  Any car I have come across with cracked dashes have used Armor All on their cars; it looks nice when applied, but destroys the material it is applied to.

I hope not, as it is a terrible idea.

The product literally take moisture out of materials it is applied to; it causes car dashes and interiors to crack more quickly and easily; I imagine it will do the same with shoe material.  I would never use that crap on any of my shoes. 

Car detailers hate Armor All.  Any car I have come across with cracked dashes have used Armor All on their cars; it looks nice when applied, but destroys the material it is applied to.
Agreed.  I own a car wash/detail business and armor all will mess up your interior more than help it. I imagine it will make shoes degrade faster too.

but i never seen it on runners, is this something a lot of people do?
I have no idea what other people do to protect their midsoles from cracking, but Armor All has worked for me. There is much debate about the use of Armor All. Some people hate it and some swear by it. I've personally never had a problem with Armor All. I've used it for many years and have always used it in my vehicles too. No cracks! There's also 303 aero protectant, but it's more expensive. Anyway, you should get those 1600 midsoles repainted! Good luck!

I have no idea what other people do to protect their midsoles from cracking, but Armor All has worked for me. There is much debate about the use of Armor All. Some people hate it and some swear by it. I've personally never had a problem with Armor All. I've used it for many years and have always used it in my vehicles too. No cracks! There's also 303 aero protectant, but it's more expensive. Anyway, you should get those 1600 midsoles repainted! Good luck!
I would say you have been lucky, and should look out for cracks on your dash in the next few years if you still have your auto. 

Before I order MT580's can anyone comment on sizing? TTS? Compared to Shadow 5000's or roshe preferably.

Hoping these hold up better than a few of my Saucony shadow 5000's cracking soles and yellowing paint on a pair I wore 3x a week kinda sucks. They were $75 though.. assuming similiar quality to 574.

Last edited:
Thepremierestore.com is having a a sale on a lot of 997s and 998s right now. The olive green 997's distinct USA, normally are $260 are only $149!!! I would for sure cop, but only a few sizes left and mine is not one, but they have 10 and 10.5 and i know those are popular so act fast! Also the light blue Distinct Weekend 997 is also only $149 right now on their site.

Thepremierestore.com is having a a sale on a lot of 997s and 998s right now. The olive green 997's distinct USA, normally are $260 are only $149!!! I would for sure cop, but only a few sizes left and mine is not one, but they have 10 and 10.5 and i know those are popular so act fast! Also the light blue Distinct Weekend 997 is also only $149 right now on their site.

Repped copped the olive 997's!

CNN!

I'm guessing that's from the War Report Era?.....Noreaga doesn't look quite like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Such a classic record.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom