Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Sneaker Politics 999 are haggard. Not buying another 999 until they move production back to the USA. That toebox is mighty bulbous and midsole cracking is crap.

heres a look at a colorway that got scrapped from westntyc.........

Last edited:

Hey guys, im new to this thread.

how do the 998s fit?

size comparison to roshes, flyknit trainers, or racers?
Honestly comparing them to an athletic runner like those Nikes is Apples to Oranges. They're not going to feel like a Sneaker because they aren't really in the same category, they are a "lifestyle" retro shoe if that is what you had to call them. Comparing them to something like an Asics Gel Lyte or even a Rebooks Classics would give you a better idea of how they are going to feel if you are familiar with those brands. For one the shoe is mostly suede, so its going to be thicker and heavier than a knit or all mesh Nike. Secondly its going to feel bulkier and a lot more sturdy than something with pure plush foam or air midsole tech like the Racer. IMO they fit big compared to trainers/runners, I wear a solid 13 in all three of those Nikes but I find a 12 for the 998 fits snug but just right once broken in. The best thing for you if you are unfamiliar with NB Lifestyle shoes is to go somewhere where you can try on a Made in USA shoe cause they feel nothing like the lower end imported NB kicks you normally see in retailers like the asian made 574 and 501. 

Hope that helps, feel free to message me with any questions. I'm a huge 998 fan and personally own lots of pairs with it being my favorite NB Lifestyle shoe. 

Last edited:
Honestly comparing them to an athletic runner like those Nikes is Apples to Oranges. They're not going to feel like a Sneaker because they aren't really in the same category, they are a "lifestyle" retro shoe if that is what you had to call them. Comparing them to something like an Asics Gel Lyte or even a Rebooks Classics would give you a better idea of how they are going to feel if you are familiar with those brands. For one the shoe is mostly suede, so its going to be thicker and heavier than a knit or all mesh Nike. Secondly its going to feel bulkier and a lot more sturdy than something with pure plush foam or air midsole tech like the Racer. IMO they fit big compared to trainers/runners, I wear a solid 13 in all three of those Nikes but I find a 12 with a thinner/no-show sock fits snug but just right once broken in. The best thing for you if you are unfamiliar with NB Lifestyle shoes is to go somewhere where you can try on a Made in USA shoe cause they feel nothing like the lower end imported NB kicks you normally see in retailers like the asian made 574 and 501. 

Hope that helps, feel free to message me with any questions. I'm a huge 998 fan and personally own lots of pairs with it being my favorite NB Lifestyle shoe. 

Bruh, you just gave him the whole she bang. A simple .5 up or down would suffice. :lol:

Last edited:

Honestly comparing them to an athletic runner like those Nikes is Apples to Oranges. They're not going to feel like a Sneaker because they aren't really in the same category, they are a "lifestyle" retro shoe if that is what you had to call them. Comparing them to something like an Asics Gel Lyte or even a Rebooks Classics would give you a better idea of how they are going to feel if you are familiar with those brands. For one the shoe is mostly suede, so its going to be thicker and heavier than a knit or all mesh Nike. Secondly its going to feel bulkier and a lot more sturdy than something with pure plush foam or air midsole tech like the Racer. IMO they fit big compared to trainers/runners, I wear a solid 13 in all three of those Nikes but I find a 12 with a thinner/no-show sock fits snug but just right once broken in. The best thing for you if you are unfamiliar with NB Lifestyle shoes is to go somewhere where you can try on a Made in USA shoe cause they feel nothing like the lower end imported NB kicks you normally see in retailers like the asian made 574 and 501. 

It was a question for a size comparison, not fit comparison, but good info anyways. :tongue:

And totally agree with you, 998 is my favourite NB shoe as well.

Hey guys, im new to this thread.

how do the 998s fit?

size comparison to roshes, flyknit trainers, or racers?
I have a narrow foot and prefer a snug fit.

I wear 8.5 in racers, 8.5 in padded trainers, 8 in unpadded trainers.

I wear 7.5 in NB 998 and they fit perfect.

Does anyone know the style code for these? +1 for anyone who has a release date.

Does anyone know the style code for these? +1 for anyone who has a release date.
Those are from the upcoming fall/winter releases. I don't think there's a style code yet, at least not that I saw.

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2015/09/16/new-balance-introduces-a-skiing-inspired-collection/

http://thosenbs.com/new-balance-miusa-distinct-and-connoisseur-collections/
They look good though...

This was confusing to me and I already know what size I wear in 998's.

FYI:   NewBalance is having a "friends & family" sale at their outlets the end of October.... 40% off everything.

NB employees get an email they can forward to friends & family. bring in the email and get the discount.

Last edited:
FYI:   NewBalance is having a "friends & family" sale at their outlets the end of October.... 40% off everything. I need that email!!!

NB employees get an email they can forward to friends & family. bring in the email and get the discount.

My top NB pickup of the year... :smokin

^ This dude making me way sad I don't own the HTB's yet. 
frown.gif

Should I just scoop them for $180 while I can?? 

Trying to cut back but HTB look better and better with every pic I see.

FYI:   NewBalance is having a "friends & family" sale at their outlets the end of October.... 40% off everything.

Nice! Hopefully they still have the olives then!

I really want the HTB, I have for sometime now but a size 13 haven't been listed. There's one on EBAY for a ridiculous 220. Anyone know anything/anyone? Thanks

^ This dude making me way sad I don't own the HTB's yet. 
frown.gif

Should I just scoop them for $180 while I can?? 

Trying to cut back but HTB look better and better with every pic I see.
HTB is top 3 for me this year, collab, GR, whatever.  The colors are really vibrant but still tasteful.

I really want the HTB, I have for sometime now but a size 13 haven't been listed. There's one on EBAY for a ridiculous 220. Anyone know anything/anyone? Thanks
They don't seem to produce many size 13's as those are usually the first size to sell out. Your best bet for retail is to continue to check the J. Crew site every day. If someone returns their pair to a store, they will get relisted on the website. Or you can try calling J Crew and have them try and track down a pair for you....  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom