Official New Shoe Store in the NW, GRAND OPENING=?????????

tier 0 or SB account. i love how dude makes it sound as if they can actually pick and choose between the two. has anyone actually heard of a place actually OPENING (not reopening) with a QS or SB account recently? even the wack hyped places like bodega?

of course they always say an SB or QS account is "forthcoming"

while i don't know what kind of connects you guys have, i have serious doubts that you'll be able to open your doors with SB or QS accounts already in place... and DEFINITELY not a tier 0, which Goods doesn't even have (yet). to be honest, the whole process is gonna be pretty difficult, although the Seattle scene is only medium-sized, the shops in the area which will be your main competition (Goods, Capitol, 35th, Trickwood, etc) are pretty fierce.

in the case of SBs, Goods and 35th were some of the first SB accounts and get tons of love from the reps, so getting an SB account, which puts you in direct competition with those shops, might be pretty hard.

hey, but if you can make it happen, more power to you.

you could get vans syndicate, i think only snowboard connection carries that line?

Quote:
you could get vans syndicate, i think only snowboard connection carries that line?

Actually it's 35th North and Snowboard Connection that carries Vans Syndicate around these parts. On another note, the Seattle rep for that line is a turd in a suit that really doesn't know anything about sneaker culture.

About getting an SB account....I now see why NEW5ENSE is putting together a skate team. :smokin
smokin.gif

Why don't you put the store in Ballard where me and the Big Famous One works?

[/b]​

^i'ma sign you to the shop bro, oh yeah forgot to tell you guys. i don't know if out article is gonna make it to kickslusive anymore. i'll holla at you about it another day, where were you yesterday by the way?

Interficium-it was just a question, curious to see what you guys would rather have. i know how hard it is to get those accounts. again, it was just a question. i never implied anything.
sell me your AF1 lows in sz 13!!!

a parking lot would be ideal. I dont really bother going to Goods, Capitol, or 35th N cause its damn near impossible to find parking in the area

I park a block up and over usually, across from the Benson Mart.

And ive also heard that the Vans rep was a douche.

I hope to start my own shoe store sometime after i graduate from college, plus ive got my foot in the door with nike/jordan brand already!!
Check out my shoes on Ebay​

Im going to let u guys kno that, this shop will be in the south center area, actually across the street from the mall rite next to acme bowling, so this answers the question about parking. I kno the owner as well and hes been tellin me it will open "next month" for the past 3 months. They dont even have a jordan account as is, and from what ive heard there isnt a nike account either. What i kno is that the owner plans on selling a bunch of his own personal collection as consignment. Basically this shop will be run by the same ppl who work in champs southcenter, and endless innovations, and prolly a few others.

Quote:
1) lets keep things at RETAIL!! Savvy sneakerheads would rather get things for a good price elsewhere than frequent a store that overprices their product. Trust me, everyone will be hyped up that there's a new store in town but word of mouth/message boards alone will kill that noise if the store is known to overprice

learn to buy other stuff. not just the QS, HS, LIMITED stuff.
then maybe they'll help you out?

ever consider that?

overpricing is just so that the store stays in the running for all the other shoes they order.

look what Goods did.
they buy their dunks at $45 WHOLE sale.
and sell it to the public for $200
retail on SB's should only be $65

spread the love
------------------
i'm getting rid of most my Shoes
all 8.5 some 9.

hit me up on AIM for the list: monkekey

Pics of shoes on sale

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^agreed

Quote:
learn to buy other stuff. not just the QS, HS, LIMITED stuff.
then maybe they'll help you out?

ever consider that?

LEARN to buy other stuff? I buy what I like! Brother, if you knew me, you'd know that I have the biggest general release collection ever! :lol:
laugh.gif
Still, I don't understand how that would "help me out". I don't understand your next question either so please explain. When I mentioned keep things at retail, I meant at...or close to retail. I also meant ALL shoes im general....not just the QS, HS, LIMITED stuff. I am also looking at it from a consumer/customer point of view. From the sounds of it, you must work for a sneakerstore.

Quote:
overpricing is just so that the store stays in the running for all the other shoes they order.

Not necessarily. Overpricing is a way for a store owner/s to maximize profits with the risk of knowing they may lose intelligent customers. I know of many stores that keep shoes at retail and STILL "stay in the running for all the other shoes they order". How you ask? They thrive on a large customer base not needing to markup the price too much because their sales are going well.

Quote:
look what Goods did.
they buy their dunks at $45 WHOLE sale.
and sell it to the public for $200

With that being stated, I have a strong feeling you're a supporter/worker for Capital1524. I could be wrong though. Yes, I heard about the hatred the Capital store owner has for Goods. That's too bad....it shouldn't be like that. One fine day sneaker hunting in Seattle during the Sole Collector event, my host told me it wouldn't be wise to visit Capital while wearing my newly acquired Goods tee. She guaranteed that if the owner was there, I wouldn't be obtaining the best customer service possible. Well....she was right. I still don't quite understand.

Quote:

I DO get SB's for around that price. Okay, okay. I did pay $100 for tiffs & more recently $120 for the Stash PRods but on the most part, I pickup SB's for less than $100. I'm not here to brag, just making a point. Alot of my friends get em for the same price so I'm not the only one. That's what I mean about being a savvy sneakerhead. If you venture far enough to look outside the shops surrounding you, you may find better prices!

It's not even about saving a buck! With the price differentials from all the markups out there, there's a tremendous amount to be saved. Now, who would pay more than they really have to?

Kardez, I don't mean this as a personal attack. You were the only one to respond to what I wrote earlier & I feel that you may have misunderstood my point. I'm just trying to make myself more clear...that's all. I don't mean to offend you.

The author of this post asked for ANY suggestions for the new store. As a consumer and a supporter of any good business, I thought my points would be more constructive than answering if I wanted an SB or QS account for this store. After all, the author wrote that "the owner already knows what he's going to do with it". My points were made more from a consumer/business relation point of view. I'm just trying to help out my NW sneakerhead bretheren.

peace y'all. :smile:
smile.gif

206sneakerfreak, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I will not be selling my own personal collection at my store. That's absurd!!! Does everyone wear a size 9?

As far as accounts go, you'll just have to see for yourself when my doors open.

I myself will be running the shop, as well as a few others. Not Champs Employees.

Dates for grand opening keep getting pushed back, due to new construction and zoning permits.

So, NT'ers please bare with me. I'll keep you guys posted on an exact date. Just be ready for a new dope place to shop, and a huge back to school bash!

Peace!!

8)
glasses.gif

P.S. J Tyme, I appreciate all the advice. Please get at me at your earlieast convenience. reinvent206@comcast.net Thanks!!

Quote:
Yes, I heard about the hatred the Capital store owner has for Goods. That's too bad....it shouldn't be like that

haha. i heard about that to.
but the Beef is that the Goods owner buys a whole size run from Capitol, just so that he can sell it at Goods. and to top it off....he wanted to buy it at whole sale.

i'm mean. it seems like a good reason to have beef.
and there's also truth behind it, if you remember when Goods sold the 3rd "laser series", and leaving the Niketown reciepts in the box.

Quote:
I know of many stores that keep shoes at retail and STILL "stay in the running for all the other shoes they order".

yea, i've seen stores Thrive. but have you noticed how many XX% off sales they have?
you ever hear of the store called Concrete?
the "recently" opened a shop on Dexter Ave.
they were nice people. had a bunch of clothing and shoes. NO SB's but a bunch of other skating shoes.
they're prices were reasonable. but. they died out. it only took 6~8months for them to die out....

Quote:
If you venture far enough to look outside the shops surrounding you, you may find better prices!

haha. true. just like Gas prices.
you go around looking for better prices every where. do you go into Chevron complaining to them that they're selling their gas 30Cents more than Shell?
30cents. big deal.
SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Quote:
DO get SB's for around that price. Okay, okay. I did pay $100 for tiffs & more recently $120 for the Stash PRods but on the most part, I pickup SB's for less than $100.

and are you gonna tell everyone where you got those shoes at that price at?

"don't hate, appreciate"
------------------
i'm getting rid of most my Shoes
all 8.5 some 9.

hit me up on AIM for the list: monkekey

Pics of shoes on sale

jtyme-are you the same dude that goes out with grace? if so this is blake, we've met.

and to the dudes above. yall really don't know the "beef" between goods/capitol. seriously.
sell me your AF1 lows in sz 13!!!

168j2b7.jpg

^Most of us know how that went down.

Seeing some gear from other shops. And aside from that possibly showing some love to the local artists. I think Mr. Jtyme pretty much hit it dead on.

Quote:
but the Beef is that the Goods owner buys a whole size run from Capitol, just so that he can sell it at Goods. and to top it off....he wanted to buy it at whole sale.

Dude you are funny. First of all saying "the Goods owner" means you clearly don't know that shop, and beyond that it is also clear that you are winging it on this one. As Blizake said, you don't know what you are talking about.

Goods is feeding off other stores? Yet has a tier zero AND an SB acct right? K

Theres no reason both stores couldn't co-exist but it is clear that Cap ain't down with that.

To me Goods if for Adults and Capitol is for the kids. I am not going to even get into what I know, because most people in this thread already know, and secondly its not my job to air out anyones laundry.

So you can go rock your dialated hat and get a haircut.

Back
Top Bottom