OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Quote:
hate him all you guys want....but eddy was running the court great last night....there were a few times when he was ahead of the pack on the break
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
That's a good percentage from the line, a shade under 70%.

math check...30/39 is well OVER 70%...its closer to 77% which is a great percentage. but we cant have games where we shoot under 60% and lose by 2 and wonder why
<br>email me: okay.w0w@gmail.com<br>or aim: y0fallback

Quote:
What section were you in? I was in the 409 seats. I was by the big dude wit the cowbell.

I was in gate 72? About 2 sections away from the cowbell guy.

Quote:
yup, he might not have had a great game, but he was hustling his @#%$ off, pause.
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky

I like this team a lot so far

If nothing else, they want to win and really are trying.

I appreciate it thus far.

We need to beat the @#%$ from Denver in the worst way after last season
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

I hope the Knicks are pumped for the Nuggets game after what happened last year. I want to get off to a really good start at home.... I think doing that is imperative for our success this season.

The Nuggets will be a test tomorrow. Eventhough Melo is my dude, we need to keep him and AI on smash.
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
What section were you in? I was in the 409 seats. I was by the big dude wit the cowbell. I swear to God he did not stop his chants from the moment the game started.
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

Quote:
man if the guards keep hugging the rock knicks aren't going anywhere

it should be a 2 man offense, get the ball to curry every time, if he can't do something throw it out to z bo on top of the key, the hell is z bo doing trying to post up.............. all he does is turn around and shoot it
s to get doubled and he forces up bad shots and talented guys like Steph, Nate, and Crawford are completely out of the game.

Quote:
Oh an one more thing. If the Knicks are going to run the offense through a big man, why not ZBO? I was not a big fan of his but I am impressed with him and am becoming a big time fan. He is ALOT better than Curry at all aspects of the game: scoring, rebounding, shooting, freethrows, defense (not by much here but he does grab REBOUNDS). I dont like how Curry slows down the offense. It reminds me of an old Ewing from 99 when Curry gets the ball. At least the old Ewing could do more than take a half assed hook shot.
a lineup with a frontcourt of Lee and Z Bo, because of height reasons, which is why i have been saying to trade Curry for Artest and a center who doesnt score but plays D. We do not need a scoring center, play like we do best, work the O through Randolph as the #1 option. Let Marbury be the playmaker that he can be, aand let him run the offense. Let him drive to the hoop often, because no one stops him when he does. While Z Bo would be our #1 option and Marbury would run the game, Crawford would take the role he already has as our #1 backcourt scorer, except he would only be more involved without Curry. Start Artest at the 3 and he will drop buckets as well but more importantly play D, and have a defensive center because with 3 15+ ppg scorers we would not need another one. Than have guys like Lee and Nate come off the bench. This team is very doable to get we would just have to trade some gusys to do so, definitleyy curry but possibly a promisng young guy as well (but as Isiah says we are worrying about winning now) this team will get it done on both sides of the floor, and will be deep and tough with a new big 3 to fear the east only with a deep team to back them up (unlike the Cs). But either way Z Bo should be our #1 scoring option, we should not dump it to EC all the time, and we NEED to let Steph set up @#%$ with his quick 1st step more often.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

^ i disagree... as much as zbo is better than curry we need both... they complement each other... curry is the push over more physical get to the basket type while randolph is a more versatile finesse type player and can play outside and inside... but when crawford and curry are clickin its like heaven...and even if u do trade curry z bo still gon get double team...i think the lineup now they got is fine... the 3 key things the knicks need to do to improve and make the playoffs and possibly be a force in the east is to

1. turn up the D... try to at least keep the opponent under a 100 points...

2. less turnovers... last year they lead the league so ya need to imrpove on that...

3. good chemistry... they need a consistent play... they have no identity yet... are they a halfcourt team or do they like to run? every game it seems like ok we'll give the ball to whomever is hot...and you can see sometimes when the knicks are losing they like to play 1 on 1 ball... but they are more successful when they play halfcourt ball or when they move the ball around... but i admit they are decent in a running game they just need to finish better werd to marbury...

another thing i want to add is they need to take care of the lead... its cool that they lead the whole game and some of the 4th quarter but if they cant finish the 4th strong wats the point?

and i think they need to play mardy more and when jeffries is healthy play him more too... giv him a chance... he might be the defensive player we thought he was

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

who is going to the game tonight?

i'lll be there.

i got season tickets, so if ya planning to attend any games, post.... i need to watch a game with some of ya.

Quote:
^ i disagree... as much as zbo is better than curry we need both... they complement each other... curry is the push over more physical get to the basket type while randolph is a more versatile finesse type player and can play outside and inside... but when crawford and curry are clickin its like heaven...and even if u do trade curry z bo still gon get double team...i think the lineup now they got is fine... the 3 key things the knicks need to do to improve and make the playoffs and possibly be a force in the east is to
of the preseason (the 1st team) it was because we didnt have curry Marbury Crawf and Z Bo all have styles that contradict each other well, we should build off that. This has also applied this season so far in the reg season, we have always looked better with our "big 3" out there along with some energy guys and not curry. Unless Curry and Crawford are firing on all cylinders. But thats the team we should have, thats the team that instead of beating Minny at the last 2nd, would blow them out, if we got rid of Curry and based our team around our "big 3" and an allstar energy guy/gefender that can score aka Ron Artest, and still keep Lee and Nate and our other valuable energy dudes (we would maybe have to give up 1)

But even if we do keep EC (and we most likely will) stop throwing it into him, work it through Z Bo and have him be our #2 post guy who gets nice passes from Crawford when Z bo is guarded tight, not the go-to-guy we pack it into every play, thats why our 1st team has been not so good, they aare WAYYY to stagnant.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

^I know it is just one game GR8 but how do you feel about the way Curry and Z Bo played tonight? Especially Curry...he came up big on both ends of the court in the 4th.

Good win for the Knicks tonight and I like how Thomas is using the bench when the starting unit clearly does not have it. Balkman and Lee are going to be huge factors for us this season. Their energy and intesity can change a game.

I am also impressed with Steph....he is playing the kind of ball I envisioned this season. He is picking his spots perfectly as to when to pass and when to shoot.

I like the way this team is playing thus far but Q Rich has to get a bit more involved offensively.

Also it is important we close this homestand out strong.....I want both of these games upcoming against ORL and MIA. This win can help the Knicks regain some of that home swag we had in the 90's. However that will only come if we continue playing well at home before we head out west.

From the game thread...

As much as I want Z-Bo to play in the post and make it a deadly 1-2 combo, I think it's smart to use him in the perimeter. Camby had to come out around the key all night, leaving the inside open for Curry.
TEAM
Google​
We're Feeling Lucky​

Just in case y'all were wondering...

Channing Frye:
3.3PPG 3.7RPG 1.0AGP

Steve Francis:
0.0PPG 0.0RPG 0.0APG

Zach Randolph:
19.3PPG 13.6RPG 1.0APG

:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

^ LOL son you are a fool for posting the stats. But damn that trade looks really lopsided right now. :lol:
laugh.gif

2-1 :pimp:
pimp.gif
lets get it, jeffries take your time balkman can handle it :lol:
laugh.gif

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I told you i will root hard for him, so i will go out and say it...
EDDY @#%$ CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know yalls want to hear it from me so i will start off talking about him. Like my man said above it was just 1 game and i still would not mind giving him up for some extra D, but this dude came up in that 4th quater. Eddy with a HUGE block, grabing every board near him, and tapping others to teamates, and creating 2nd oppurtunities. That 4th quater was BY FAR the best i have seen him play, ever. He was scoring an he was doing his thing on D, and even kept D Lee on the bench. I swear when he had that 1 offensive reb and than the end 1 to pretty much seal it, i fell to the floor thinking who the @#%$ is this dude.

That pretty much sums up Eddy on defense, but now about Eddy and us in general on offense. You will never see me getting excited about curry putting up big scoring #s, but that game summed up what i was talking about in all my posts when i said to get rid of Curry. I want an offense that looks like THAT. If the Knicks play like that they will win the game. The key was ball movement. The other half to Eddys lack of D that pisses me off was that we would always just dump the ball in to him on offense, and guys like Steph, Crawford, and Z Bo would be out of the offensive flow. Tonight we got Curry his touches but we did it exactly like i said we should, we let Marbury create all of it at the point and we moved the ball around. If Zeke can pick up on this and makes sure we do some more of that on offense, letting Curry and Z Bo post up but not eveery play, and moving the ball through Steph and having Crawford as our #1 backcourt guy, etc if we can do that we got 4 BIG time scorers (also Nate if hes healthy which i dont feel he really was today, they said pregame he was not supposed to play but did because he felt good shooting, but he did not have that same Nate tenacity on offense) plus all our hustle guys. That was probably the best offense (or at least an offense with Curry in it) that i have watched in recent years.

Some other notes...

I can say great things about all 8 guys that played (except for maybe Q Rich, that back surgery @#%$ him up, he is not nearly the same player as last year) but i will sart out with Jamal Crawford. Crawford played BIG TIME tonight. He led us on a couple of runs, and had some very nice passes. He now has all 3 games with 20+ points and as me and some other Knicks fans on here predicted he will go from a good player to an allstar that averages 0+ ppg, and i still think so. Crawfords touch is uncanny. Around the basket or from outside, when he is on it wont even matter if you throw defenders at him he wont miss, he always has the right touch, and he has been ILL this season so far.

My next dude is Zach Randolph...
Where the @#%$ would we be without him right now. I wonder if Portland is shaking their heads right now with Mr.Softee on their bench, and an injured Greg Oden, and it seems like the Rockets have realized Francis' true value :lol:
laugh.gif
21 and 17 are you @#%$ serious, he was the steal of the offseason because at least the Cs gave up value for KG. He was a complete animal, and when he came into NY all y=the media gave the wrong idea of him (like other players IE MARBURY who i will get to later) How can anyone compare this guy to Curry? Other than the fact that they are both fat they could not be more different. Z Bo is a beast, hell be an allstar 4 sho :pimp:
pimp.gif
ed the brawl. Of course people love to blame the Knicks and classify a great guy like Nate Robinson as a "thug" but ever since his @#%$ butt buddy Larry Brown got fired after the worst coaching job that i have ever seen, he has held a grudge on Zeke. Say what you want about Mardy getting the hard foul on J.R. last year, but why the @#%$ were the nuggets starters out there when they were up by 20 with 1 minute left. show some @#%$ class you @#%$. And he almost topped that performance today, by walking out of the game and not coming out when it was not over. Grow some @#%$ balls and man up and take the loss like a man. This is the most unclassy guy i have ever seen, and i truly, truly hate him.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at Karl, and i hope he gets a nice fine by the NBA

I also cant stand that @#%$ Mike Breen. The Knicks are never doing anything good with him. We put up a great effort but he never sides with the Knicks and always looks to put them down. after evry non foul or non calls he looks and says it should have been a call and after every foul called on the opposition he is like oh i dont know about that. While he goes nuts about dudes on the other team he would not shut the @#%$ up about guys like Melo, and AI, and Najera, Camby, etc, and he would not stop putting down the Knicks on every play. @#%$ Breen, i want Gus and Clyde all the time. Even after the game he puts down the Knicks defense, etc.
I @#%$ hate this guy.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
2-1 and 2-0 at home after last years terrible start and a win vs a premier team in the west. We need to make the Garden a feared place to play once again, and even though i wrote all this @#%$, it is still not enough to sum up how well we played tonight. Hopfully we can start being consistent and follow this up.

Also, i gotta say it...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at AI, one of my favorite players of all time he is tough as hell, and he played great tonight. A warrior on a team full of @#%$.

EDIT: just so yalls know i am not jumping on the Curry bandwagon after just 1 game (actually 1 quater he was pitiful on D the 1st 3). He needs to do a lot more to show me he can be a good defender., but i hope he does. But on a negative note our D was still pathetic for 95% of the game and we could not get any stops, luckily they did not blow us out cause we were on also, so we were able to hang close until the 4th quater spree. So i would still not mind trading Curry for some extra defense (Artest). But i got curry's back at least til our next game :lol:
laugh.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

This N__ od every time. I can't read that much white lettering on NT fam. Do you though. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM [Scrubs]

Real Recognize Real​

sorry yo i get mad carried away :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I thought i had some good points in there though if yalls do read it :b
tongue.gif
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

is there a pic with curry in the 4th when he got that and 1 and is yelling?

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Back
Top Bottom