Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

smh.gif
at Emery...I have a feeling that the Senators aregoing to move him very soon.

pimp.gif
my man Emery lol......He's a fierce competitor and he's a hot head as we all know, him and Spezza got into it during a practice as well so I'mnot surprised.

sharks about to take what? the cup? Not with the way their playing.

It's been shown in previous playoff series that the sharks need to be better on D and be much MUCH more aggressive. They have the size to do it, but theydon't always use it when it counts. (
mad.gif
)
So until then, the sharks aren't going to be taking anything.

AddictedToFreshKicks: nice collection man!

I used to have a sharks and blackhawks jersey back in the day but grew out of them and got rid of them...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by atljunkie

AddictedToFreshKicks: nice collection man!

I used to have a sharks and blackhawks jersey back in the day but grew out of them and got rid of them...
ohwell.gif
just won a blackhawks jersey on ebay
pimp.gif
lol...chicago has thebest jerseys in the league

Honestly, Detroit is absolutely ripping it right now and I cannot see a team that is messin' with them! They took a big chance on bringing back Dom but sofar it's worked out. I've ALWAYS said a 2 goalie system WILL/CAN work if it's played properly, and the Wings are showing that. Osgood isn't oneto complain and is fine with sharing time with Hasek.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Honestly, Detroit is absolutely ripping it right now and I cannot see a team that is messin' with them! They took a big chance on bringing back Dom but so far it's worked out. I've ALWAYS said a 2 goalie system WILL/CAN work if it's played properly, and the Wings are showing that. Osgood isn't one to complain and is fine with sharing time with Hasek.
I dont see any team that can beat these guys in the playoffs. not even Ottawa....this 2 goalie system is working very good and this will keep themfresh for the playoffs and they have a really good situation because if one of them gets cold in the playoffs, they could switch without any worries.

I think my favorite jersey I own is my Hartford Zalapski jersey. I love Hockey Jerseys

And Roy/Hasek freakin' dominated in the day

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Honestly, Detroit is absolutely ripping it right now and I cannot see a team that is messin' with them! They took a big chance on bringing back Dom but so far it's worked out. I've ALWAYS said a 2 goalie system WILL/CAN work if it's played properly, and the Wings are showing that. Osgood isn't one to complain and is fine with sharing time with Hasek.
I dont see any team that can beat these guys in the playoffs. not even Ottawa....this 2 goalie system is working very good and this will keep them fresh for the playoffs and they have a really good situation because if one of them gets cold in the playoffs, they could switch without any worries.

detroit is wildin... they will probably win it all.
ohwell.gif

edit: I have a serious question. Im in the market for a jersey... I forgot about all thesizes and stuff like that. can anyone break them down for me?
I see this jersey i like and only available sizes are 52 and 56.. :\ :\ the authentics are a huge price difference up! :lol: Ill have to save for that.
heres the image of the jerseys im looking to buy. both are $249+ tax. also whats the average price for an authentic and where is a reliable place to buy them.

Away Jersey
6l2tzrm.jpg

Home Jersey
6ollxqr.jpg

Which one do you guys prefer? I like the look of the away jersey...
Thanks for all and any informtion about jerseys/sizes and whatnot.
nerd.gif

atljunkie, the away jersey looks better.

I can't see myself spending $250.00 on an authentic.

The only thing I didn't like about the replicas are that the logos on the shoulder sleeves are not stitched.

I'm in the market for last year's Kings Alternate purple jersey. I've been looking for a Luc Robitaille jersey for a while now.

FrenchBlue23: I appreciate the reply. Yea I know the authentics are expensive as hell...
ohwell.gif

I might have to cop a kovy away replica then.... last years replicas are like $50-100

ex:
M550ATLNAV%21THC-43650.jpg

41MC80VG7BL._SS500_.jpg

FrenchBlue23: I appreciate the reply. Yea I know the authentics are expensive as hell...
ohwell.gif

I might have to cop a kovy away replica then.... last years replicas are like $50-100
No problem.

I prefer last years jerseys, and prior years. I'm going to try get one from ebay.

The sizing is way different than any other sports for NHL jerseys.

I wear an XL in almost everything, I have XL in NBA swingmans, Size 52 in the authentics, but like you said, NHL jerseys run huge. So in my case, I would get a52 or 54.

Here's the sizing chart for the jerseys, from NHL.com...

Recommended Fit Chart for NHL Jerseys

[table][tr][td]Premier[/td] [td][/td] [td]Authentics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Recommended Jersey Size[/td] [td]Men's Chest Size[/td] [td]Recommended Jersey Size[/td] [/tr][tr][td]XS[/td] [td]35-36"[/td] [td]46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]S[/td] [td]37-38"[/td] [td]46 or 50[/td] [/tr][tr][td]M[/td] [td]39-40"[/td] [td]50 or 52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]41-43"[/td] [td]52 or 54[/td] [/tr][tr][td]XL[/td] [td]44-46"[/td] [td]54 or 56[/td] [/tr][tr][td]XXL[/td] [td]47-49"[/td] [td]56 or 60[/td] [/tr][/table]

Nice chart.. and thanks for your opinion.
So since they run big, and im a Large in everything.... I would get a 50-52 right?

good game on versus tonight... red wings vs avalanche. red wings are tough and fast.... (nh)

Go Thrashers!

Go with the Thrashers away jersey
pimp.gif
......I still need to get a Blackhawks away jersey and Havlat on the back
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ Col/Det not going over 5.5 goals......that killed me tonight. Anyone elsesee Crosby on the cover of Men's Fitness? Pause......lol

^ nah havent seen it bro.. and thanks for your opinion on the jersey...

smh.gif
Thrashes lose again... at home too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Damn, Predators come in to Staples and score 7 goals on the Kings
mad.gif

Mason get's another shutout against LA
smh.gif

NSH 7 LA 0

I'm still waiting for the day when the Kings turn it around, but it's too late into the season already.

^They are really missing Cammalleri, if they had him throughout this little run they would be ok i think......What they need is a solid #1 goalie, they havethe skill/talent up front, and they have Blake controlling the defenceman and not to mention JJ developing under a mentor like Blake. Once they get that #1they'll be a force in the league, they should get Cujo!!!

^They are really missing Cammalleri, if they had him throughout this little run they would be ok i think......What they need is a solid #1 goalie, they have the skill/talent up front, and they have Blake controlling the defenceman and not to mention JJ developing under a mentor like Blake. Once they get that #1 they'll be a force in the league, they should get Cujo!!!

Yeah, he's been in and out of the lineup so many times. One of the only bright spots of the season, is the play of Dustin Brown, and also JJ.

Cujo, would be a boost from what we have right now, even at 40 years old
laugh.gif

If it keeps on going like this, they should call up some of the young talents later in the season, like Wayne Simmonds, but it's too early for him to getthe call.
tongue.gif
He's doing pretty good in the WJC.

Our future looks bright, but too many goals are being allowed by this team, and that's a sign of the goaltending problems.

^Nah, Simmonds isn't ready to be called up just yet, the Kings actually have GREAT prospects in the minors and various junior leagues. As a matter of fact,the 2nd leading scorer in the AHL is Ted Purcell who is a Kings prospect and he was the top scorer for a while as well. Bryan Cameron from the Belleville Bullsis also a Kings prospect and he played on the same AAA team as Tavares and Gagner etc.......I won't go through all the top prospects they have, but theKings will be fine in the future
happy.gif

As well, in this years All-Star competition there will be a new shoot-out contest! The goalies will be all-star goalies and the shooters will be guys in thegame and not separate people brought in like the NBA does with the dunk contest. Looking forward to that
pimp.gif

13 years/124 million....squash all the rumors of him going to Nashville, Montreal, etc....he's a Cap pretty much for life now....just announced on ESPN
pimp.gif

bb251def089da5c3c4cb19186c433d3e-getty-76074559jm003_washington_ca.jpg

Ovechkin Extension Terms

Alex Ovechkin's new deal is worth $124 million over 13 years. It's believed to be the wealthiest deal in NHL history.

The first six years are $9 million per, the last seven years are $10 per.

"I want to say thanks to all my teammates, the whole organization, to Ted, George, the coaching staff," Ovechkin just told fans at the team's meet and greet party at Verizon Center. "I'm proud to be with the Washington Capitals for 13 years more. Our goal is to bring a Stanley Cup here."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/2008/01/ovechkin_extension_terms.html

Back
Top Bottom