Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

they were 30secs away from a win
smh.gif
i hate the ducks.

Originally Posted by cquan05

SJ had a real good test tonight against Anaheim in ANA and I think they did pretty well considering they were up 3-2 and at least got a point tonight.
And what's wrong with liking more than one team? Is there some rule that only allows a person to like one team?
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

There's nothing wrong with liking 2 teams.

Kings are my team.... But back in the mid 90's I also liked the NJ Devils, especially when they would go head to head with the Red Wings in the Finals
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

they were 30secs away from a win
smh.gif
i hate the ducks.
Thomas Greiss got his first start of the year last night
eek.gif
.........if it was Evgeni in goal, SJ would have picked up another road W

word? i KNEW something looked different about the helmet!
laugh.gif
. i guess i just assumed it was nabby since dude be starting all the games so far into theseason. Anyways, greiss played a good game. He would've gotten the win if it wasn't for that goal that went off a sharks player.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Dammit, the Flames just picked up Cujo... I was hoping that the Kings would give him a shot.
sick.gif
This is not 1996. What the hell?

Are you forreal? Cujo just won the Spengler cup as the starter for the Canadian team, and even though he's 40 he's still capable of being in theNHL as either a starter or backup IMO. I was surprised to see him go to Calgary as opposed to SJ or LA, figured he would've wanted to be in Cali
tongue.gif

YES YES!!

Kings were able to take tonight's game @ Edmonton.

Teddy Purcell damn near almost got his first NHL goal within seconds of the game...

Jason LaBarbera played great tonight... He's been settling in nicely during this 3rd game win streak, in the #1 goalie role.

Let's keep it going Kings on this Western Canadian road trip. Fri. @ CGY, then Sat @ VAN

Caps with the 4-2 win over the Senators last night....we swept the season series 4-0. Also, I think there are rumblings of Kolzig's days being numbered inDC. He isn't too happy with Boudreau. I'll dig up the article with some of his quotes later on.

here are some of his quotes:

"I've talked to my wife about retirement," Kolzig said. "Things just haven't gone as well for me as I've thought the past two years. I'll wait and see how things play out. But, yeah, it's been discussed."

Asked if he felt he would be moved at the trading deadline Feb. 26, "I don't know," Kolzig said. "I thought I'd be approached about a contract by now and that hasn't happened either. We'll just wait and see."

"I've said I'd love to finish my career with the same team," he said. "Now that we've got a team that has the ability to be successful for a long time, I mean, it would be ironic all of a sudden if I go somewhere else right when the team is starting to peak."

"I had a great relationship with Glennie," Kolzig said of Glen Hanlon, whom Boudreau replaced in December. "He finally had a team that he deserved. As players, we just couldn't get it done for him. Bringing Bruce in, half our team really responds to him because they played for him in Hershey, so I think that's been really positive.

But Kolzig also added: "Bruce is not a goaltender guy. One thing about Bruce, he's hard on goalies because he doesn't understand the position. And a lot of coaches that haven't played the position are usually that way. You know, 'Just the stop and get it done. Doesn't matter how or what.' That's something I've got to get used to because I've had Glennie here for so long and obviously being a goaltender, he understands the situation and the position."

Of the hook on Sunday, he said: "I didn't think I should have been pulled. In that game I honestly didn't think I was playing poorly. All the goals were circumstantial. Two of them were behind me. Guys dug 'em out underneath me and put 'em in. One was redirected. The other one was a bad rebound off my pad. You want to battle through it, but it's demoralizing when you get pulled. Especially at home. But it wasn't my first, won't be my last. It's just something I'm not a big fan of."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...2008011504019.html?wpisrc=rss_sports/capitals

IMO Kolzig is a good goalie and can definitely play another year or 2 until he's 40. It'd be nice to see him get dealt to a contender and get a cup
pimp.gif
.......He's been through ALL the bad in Washington and deserves to be able to experience being on a winning team with other veterans likehimself
ohwell.gif

On another note, Semin's last goal last night was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(Pretty sure it was his goal in the 3rd where he dangled the crap outta the D-man and thenroofed it on Emery)

Sabres are putting me to sleep...0-5-5 their last 10 now...ugh

In lighter news, I never got the chance to post Winter Classic pics. Just a couple

Warm-Up

Opening Face-off

I was so heated when Crosby scored the G/W but it was still a good time

Leafs just won in a shootout in Boston
pimp.gif
.......Stralman is seriously becoming a solid defenseman for the Leafs, hope he stays up when McCabereturns
ohwell.gif

Anyone else watching this Washington/Edmonton shootout?
laugh.gif
@ Brashearshooting!!!!........The 12th shooter for the Caps just scored, Souray is up next to keep it going.....and Caps win it

Just got back from the Caps game....I told my friend that when Souray was up in the shootout, he was going to take a slapshot from 2 feet away from thenet....well, he took a slapshot from the slot that olie easily turned away....GREAT game for the Caps...good turnout in the Verizon Center for a thursday nightalso. The Oilers are a real scrappy team. Dustin Penner is HUGE, but he plays kinda soft....if this dude had a mean streak, he'd be Bertuzzi 2.0 (minusbreaking someone's neck).... WHY IS MIKE GREEN NOT ON THE ALL-STAR TEAM?????? He should be there...

*Mossyman....you should frame that photo you have of all skaters on the ice for the Winter Classic....probably will be the last time you see Brian Campbell ina buffalo sweater....he'll be a ranger next year

Leafs just won in a shootout in Boston
pimp.gif
.......Stralman is seriously becoming a solid defenseman for the Leafs, hope he stays up when McCabe returns
ohwell.gif

god we blew that one...

Who just saw Nash's goal with 23 seconds left?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I just caught that on Sportscenter. That goal was diseased. Just sick and vile. He completely made those two defenders look like they had extra chromosomes.I hope someone ups the video. I must have watched it 15 times on my DVR.
Here's Ovechkin's goal they also highlighted from two years ago

Just saw the Rick Nash goal and OMG one of the, if not best goals i have ever seen... check the vid:

I had no clue this happened...

I mean, how do you even explain this
laugh.gif
Bad Ice??

pimp.gif
to that Nash goal, but, AO's was better
tongue.gif
(i'm a homer)

Back
Top Bottom