OFFICIAL Nike Air Force 1 High x Foamposite THREAD- VOL: are you disappointed??

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

Haha this a fail, I'll leave these to all the hypebeasts to copp haha
hypebeast don't cop air forces, goons and hood folk do....

yea I'm not sure if these will sell too well. Foam heads sure as hell wont be lineing up for these and they will probably be way too expensive for the average AF1 wearer

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

Haha this a fail, I'll leave these to all the hypebeasts to copp haha
hypebeast don't cop air forces, goons and hood folk do....

laugh.gif

I was expecting a lot more, but these aren't too bad. It's not like the colorway is ugly or anything, the shoe looks simple, which is good.

However, the retail price is sure to be an extreme turnoff.

EHHH..i was hoping they'd just release the Met. Reds, but i wonder how uncomfortable they're gonna be that strap looks plastic and not very flexible atleast from wat i can tell from the pics...now for a dude like me who puts his straps to the back that's gonna be a PITA walking around in those or i could remove them, but that takes away from the luster of the AF1 Hi's...idk i'm not really lookin forward to these

When I read the title my eyes practically popped out of my head, but I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed,  For one thing, it doesn't look like anything that would make you look twice from far away.  Also, it doesn't look like it's going to appeal to many people, especially what it's probably going to end up costing.  If no one bought the Foamposite boots, will they really buy these?
ohwell.gif

(Oh, and like others, I'll buy them if they drop to the write price.  The concept is cool... An Air Force that won't crease?  That shoe could last years for me.
eek.gif
)

depends on the colorway but i am sure the shoes would be heavy and lack breath ability. great sauna shoes.

So a treat for FOAMheads is a pair of Air Forces... makes a lot of sense...

I don't see these moving big numbers at all. People in the hood that just buy forces to match their gear and get fresh don't drop $200 or more on em. That's why all the "supreme" Forces that dropped a couple of years ago sat on shelves until stores cut the price in half.

People that cop foams do so because they like foams. Not ANYTHING made with foamposite, but the actual, original shoes that we appreciated for the design. (foam 1's, flightposite's, foam pros). I don't know why they think we want this mish-mash of sneakers. Maybe with creating new colorways it would be cool, like eggplant foam 1's, or something like that, but not like "Let's mix this shoe, with that shoe, with 4 other shoes...."

If Nike really reads this stuff in depth, we want 2 things, and 2 things only:

1. Retros of all the shoes we know and love done PROPERLY with at least some attention to detail. I understand that cost of materials, etc... are different today, and I don't expect an exact reproduction, but stop giving us the wrong midsole, or cheap, cracking paint, or a REALLY strange shape on the upper, etc...

2. New stuff done the right way, on it's own. A little inspiration from classic sneakers is OK to some extent. (i.e. Lebron VII's) but just make it new and fresh, not a recreation of a shoe we once loved, or combination of a couple of shoes we once loved (sharkalaids, sharkleys, Alpholutions, New Nike tennis sneakers that look like Agassi's when you couldn't even get the Agassi retros right.)

If you're gonna do something crazy for foamheads, Quickstrike (not HOH) the Voltage Foam Pros, Carbon Fiber Flightposites, Royal Foam Pros, and Royal Foam 1's. If you want to do something new, combine 2 shoes we loved into one like you did with eggplant foams. Good example would be Royal Flightposite ones like the photoshop BP did that everybody drools over once a month or so, or do a carbon-fiber Foamposite 1 so we can have an all-black sneaker we'd gladly drop $200 on. Some stuff seems so simple and obvious but it just doesn't happen. I love the fact that we get classics retroed when we do (Griffeys were done well, same with GD II's, and I'm amped to get infrared 90's again, etc...) but sometimes they just don't make sense.

My ranting is done....

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I don't see these moving big numbers at all. People in the hood that just buy forces to match their gear and get fresh don't drop $200 or more on em. That's why all the "supreme" Forces that dropped a couple of years ago sat on shelves until stores cut the price in half.

People that cop foams do so because they like foams. Not ANYTHING made with foamposite, but the actual, original shoes that we appreciated for the design. (foam 1's, flightposite's, foam pros). I don't know why they think we want this mish-mash of sneakers. Maybe with creating new colorways it would be cool, like eggplant foam 1's, or something like that, but not like "Let's mix this shoe, with that shoe, with 4 other shoes...."

1. Retros of all the shoes we know and love done PROPERLY with at least some attention to detail. I understand that cost of materials, etc... are different today, and I don't expect an exact reproduction, but stop giving us the wrong midsole, or cheap, cracking paint, or a REALLY strange shape on the upper, etc...

2. New stuff done the right way, on it's own. A little inspiration from classic sneakers is OK to some extent. (i.e. Lebron VII's) but just make it new and fresh, not a recreation of a shoe we once loved, or combination of a couple of shoes we once loved (sharkalaids, sharkleys, Alpholutions, New Nike tennis sneakers that look like Agassi's when you couldn't even get the Agassi retros right.)

If you're gonna do something crazy for foamheads, Quickstrike (not HOH) the Voltage Foam Pros, Carbon Fiber Flightposites, Royal Foam Pros, and Royal Foam 1's. If you want to do something new, combine 2 shoes we loved into one like you did with eggplant foams. Good example would be Royal Flightposite ones like the photoshop BP did that everybody drools over once a month or so, or do a carbon-fiber Foamposite 1 so we can have an all-black sneaker we'd gladly drop $200 on. Some stuff seems so simple and obvious but it just doesn't happen. I love the fact that we get classics retroed when we do (Griffeys were done well) but sometimes they just don't make sense.

n5mxjo.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

If you're gonna do something crazy for foamheads, Quickstrike (not HOH) the Voltage Foam Pros, Carbon Fiber Flightposites, Royal Foam Pros, and Royal Foam 1's. If you want to do something new, combine 2 shoes we loved into one like you did with eggplant foams. Good example would be Royal Flightposite ones like the photoshop BP did that everybody drools over once a month or so, or do a carbon-fiber Foamposite 1 so we can have an all-black sneaker we'd gladly drop $200 on. Some stuff seems so simple and obvious but it just doesn't happen. I love the fact that we get classics retroed when we do (Griffeys were done well, same with GD II's, and I'm amped to get infrared 90's again, etc...) but sometimes they just don't make sense.

My ranting is done....
^Truth

bearhighfive.jpg

Back
Top Bottom