OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who will write these off during taxes, what amount will u write off? Im still trying to figure out how exactly that works, do we discount the value of the shoe?

Those who will write these off during taxes, what amount will u write off? Im still trying to figure out how exactly that works, do we discount the value of the shoe?

Charity Auctions
Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value. The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid. For example, a charity may publish a catalog, given to each person who attends an auction, providing a good faith estimate of items that will be available for bidding. Assuming the donor has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the published estimate, if he or she pays more than the published value, the difference between the amount paid and the published value may constitute a charitable contribution deduction.

I got this from www.irs.gov. Regarding the MSRP of the shoe, I'm not sure how much it should be.

Charity Auctions
Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value. The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid. For example, a charity may publish a catalog, given to each person who attends an auction, providing a good faith estimate of items that will be available for bidding. Assuming the donor has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the published estimate, if he or she pays more than the published value, the difference between the amount paid and the published value may constitute a charitable contribution deduction.

I got this from www.irs.gov. Regarding the MSRP of the shoe, I'm not sure how much it should be.

Id love to have these but the prices are far too high imo. Oh well, mabye in 2015 we can get a "retro" of the 2011 versions?

On a side note, I suspect that if nike did a general release on these and donated 10% of each sale to MJF's foundation it would net alot more for it.

Id love to have these but the prices are far too high imo. Oh well, mabye in 2015 we can get a "retro" of the 2011 versions?

On a side note, I suspect that if nike did a general release on these and donated 10% of each sale to MJF's foundation it would net alot more for it.

Still no on feet pics?
1031646753fd4301107f4dd92858ba615694adea_r.gif

Originally Posted by Trydan

Nike is on pace to raise $5.2M+ for these 1500 pairs.

Using some simple math at $350 a pair nike would have to sell 150,000 pairs to match that given your 10% dontation rate. Even if they raise the price to $500 per pair they would still need to sell upwards of 100,000 pairs just to break the $5M mark. If they had to sell that many how many people would be like, "I'll wait until they hit outlets" or pick them up on swoosh, or with a coupon. Not to mention people who still wouldn't want to pay $500 for a shoe that is a GR and doesn't auto lace....

I think they got it right.

Using some simple math at $350 a pair nike would have to sell 150,000 pairs to match that given your 10% dontation rate. Even if they raise the price to $500 per pair they would still need to sell upwards of 100,000 pairs just to break the $5M mark. If they had to sell that many how many people would be like, "I'll wait until they hit outlets" or pick them up on swoosh, or with a coupon. Not to mention people who still wouldn't want to pay $500 for a shoe that is a GR and doesn't auto lace....

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Still no on feet pics?
How many times does it need to be said? 
ALL THE PAIRS ARE SHIPPING ON THE 18TH. YOU CAN'T HAVE ON-FEET PICS UNTIL PEOPLE HAVE PAIRS IN-HAND.

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Still no on feet pics?
How many times does it need to be said? 
ALL THE PAIRS ARE SHIPPING ON THE 18TH. YOU CAN'T HAVE ON-FEET PICS UNTIL PEOPLE HAVE PAIRS IN-HAND.

Mugen, if you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything... Therefore I reject your reality and substitue my own!

Mugen, if you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything... Therefore I reject your reality and substitue my own!

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Nike would need to sell 20,000 pairs at $250 wholesale to retailers which is roughly equivlanet to a $500 MSRP in order to generate $5M....

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Nike would need to sell 20,000 pairs at $250 wholesale to retailers which is roughly equivlanet to a $500 MSRP in order to generate $5M....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom