Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Why, exaclty? No idea where the connection comes from. There was a sample of a BW with a 180 sole. Now THAT is something I would like to see someone sole swap. But a 97 sole onto a BW? No chance! Just look at those new retail models. Horrible
I’ve seen the 180 hybrid samples as well. Imo the 180 sole doesn’t flow right with upper of the bw the 97 sole compliments it better

C3400837-BD77-4EAA-94F8-18039A4E559E.png
39893DF2-BE71-4ED0-AAA6-087081342C7F.png
Some on feet pics of one of the upcoming pairs. They look pretty good

I’ve seen the 180 hybrid samples as well. Imo the 180 sole doesn’t flow right with upper of the bw the 97 sole compliments it better

Yes agreed. Only thing i found weird is the toe box is quite long on the 97 soles. There wasnt a 9.5 for me to try in the store where I copped my silver persians. Oh well needa stick with the 10 anyway. BTW in the BW og i wear 9.5 TTS.

Just got my Persian Violet 97/BWs in and man they run long! Do BWs often run a little longer? Unfortunately, I’ve never owned a pair.

for me no, perfectly TTS with my 8us (i have also the persian OG from 2016)

edit, ahhhh sorry, i don't have the silver persian violet 97/BW... only the original 1991 BW (original run TTS)

OK, but that's just your opinion, of which I disagree. Vague design similarities aside, there is no correlation whatsoever between the BW and the 97, which for me, has ALWAYS been an ugly shoe and the second worst Air Max of the 90s for me after the 98 (yes, I prefer STs to both)

But I respect your opinion, as we all see the world through different eyes. Did you know that the BW/180 sample was produced in order to conceal the design of the 180 upper? Haha, seems trivial now, but a big deal back then

And for the record, 180s are NOT Air Max. Only added the Max from the Powerwall/HOA on, which robbed the BW of its rightful place in that pack as Air Max 91...

If they gonna bring back the bws again they really have to improve upper shape, bubble size, that brick like midsole and the upper materials must be a lot softer and more flexible. The last couple of retros havent even been a shadow of its original self.

OK, but that's just your opinion, of which I disagree. Vague design similarities aside, there is no correlation whatsoever between the BW and the 97, which for me, has ALWAYS been an ugly shoe and the second worst Air Max of the 90s for me after the 98 (yes, I prefer STs to both)

But I respect your opinion, as we all see the world through different eyes. Did you know that the BW/180 sample was produced in order to conceal the design of the 180 upper? Haha, seems trivial now, but a big deal back then

And for the record, 180s are NOT Air Max. Only added the Max from the Powerwall/HOA on, which robbed the BW of its rightful place in that pack as Air Max 91...
I gotta agree with u on that one. Saw a pic on ig the other day and I think they look pretty dope I would rock them. Although I would choose a different upper on the colorway I’d go with the traditional Black/Persian upper

023DC016-6EB3-4B25-B402-E46DDDD8807D.png

If they gonna bring back the bws again they really have to improve upper shape, bubble size, that brick like midsole and the upper materials must be a lot softer and more flexible. The last couple of retros havent even been a shadow of its original self.
100%. Whatever they did around 2012/3 needs to be reversed. They are very narrow in the saddle, and uncomfortable as a result round arches. No idea why they lost the cut outs on the heel counter either. I met with a guy who did the BW SMUs for EU around 2006/7, and he told me they had taken out the forefoot Air around 2005. That needs to come back, too. The collar and tongue padding is way too thin also. I can't even wear my Marinas they are like blocks of wood, shame, as it's the best cw, one I ALWAYS wanted. The whole shoe is just too rigid now, whereas they used to be very soft, padded, and comfortable (I am still wearing 2009/10 BWs).

I will say, though, the materials for the last Persian and Marina releases were pretty much bang on. They have the OG felt (soft suede) and no seam on the bottom lace like the originals, but the mesh was a bit off. It is one Nike that should have a high toebox, too, and one that actually doesn't haha

Why they can't just take an OG pair apart and make again from those patterns is beyond me. If they could make them properly with 1991 technology, surely they can make them even better with 2018 technology, not worse. Let's hope the reason they are doing these horrible 97s is due to them reworking the real BW. We can only hope!

I gotta agree with u on that one. Saw a pic on ig the other day and I think they look pretty dope I would rock them. Although I would choose a different upper on the colorway I’d go with the traditional Black/Persian upper

023DC016-6EB3-4B25-B402-E46DDDD8807D.png
Whoa, no thanks. Just this or nothing:
bw97sample.jpg

nike should stop playing games and just retro all the OG cws from the BW, since that are the cws what seems to sell and from all AM shoes the BWs had the most OG cws more than 20 lol
This. SICK of Persians. In fact, I am gonna say it, I have never really been a fan. More a Marina guy, and prefer almost any colour up to around 96 or so, bring back the black/solar reds, the navy/lyon blue or the forest green 96, Persians been rinsed.

Back
Top Bottom