OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR MAX LEBRON VII THREAD**FIRST PIC*****

i still cant believe that the canadian retail is 229.99
sick.gif

good thing for shoetrends

the comfort and cushioning of these are nothing compared to kobe iv's. still love this shoe, will buy a couple more pairs, but i'll stick to kobeiv's for ball. can't wait for the kobe v to come out...

these are by far more aesthetically pleasing than the kobe iv's imo.....
pimp.gif

but the comfort are far inferior.
sick.gif

comfort is subjective.i'm walking around at near 240 lbs and i'm lovin' the cushioning on the 7's.if you're a guard or light person ingeneral i don't think you get the full effect of the cushioning on these shoes.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

These shoes are far from garbage. Thing is to me they just seem too close to other shoes Nike are making right now. These just don't have that distinctive exclusive Signature series feel to them. Like how much longer is Nike going to ride the Flywire panel idea? It was fresh with the hyperdunks...now it's becoming stale. As far as functionality...if they work for LBJ then that is all that really counts, but as a consumer I'll wait for the next design. Remember, this is just my opinion, if you feel otherwise I can totally respect that.
Shut your lying mouth EWD...you talked all that smack about the Air MAx Lebrons...bout the Air Max cushioning...the flywire...the similar design to other Nike products, and what not...yet you went to Ebay and paid MORE than retail for a pair of China's. You are in denial dude, next time think before you post.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

1. Print Screen
2a. Save for funny threat in General or
2b. Use as playa card if EWD says something ridiculous in a thread.
indifferent.gif

Also, about the date being changed back to the 24th, don't forget that the XII's got delayed so there would'vebeen no shoe coming out saturday. The main indicator retailers go by is TY sales vs. LY sales and last year on the same Saturday the White/Black/Concord 6Rings came out. A Lebron release won't offset that loss, but something is better than nothing...

my guess is the date was changed originally because of the XII release and nike didn't want to compete( which is laughable cuz the XII's suck lol) ,but I think they back pedaled feeling that the response so far might help the VII sell better. both will end up on sale either way.

I am not saying they won't sell, just stating the fact that at this point, 160 is alot for a baskeball shoe which, at the moment, there are still greatperfoming shoes out that cost less.
when red tags hit the side of them NT will swoop in and nab every damn pair, but it won't be for retail. Xmas and sales on Black Friday will be the onlyway these are moved for full price.

don't let my opinion deter you guys.If you really like them get them. I was sharing my impressions after the 4 hour tryout I had with them. I was justtrying to help with some info and help people that might be on the fence similar to myself. It will take the right CW/cushioning retool for me to drop anymoney on the VII.

He will wear the VII through the playoffs/finals, it will be retooled. most likely similar to the POP pack,minus the soldier model.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Originally Posted by hosengsisiw

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Originally Posted by hotbutter

these shoes have really grown on me.........
i honestly did not see much potential after the pics for the GR or what some call pianos leaked.
just not a fan of that colorway i guess. but after copping a pair of mooncakes aka "chinas" this pass wkend @ hohla my mind has changed.

and just 2 break it down>>>>>>>
1) full air max unit
2) beautiful yet simplistic design
3) sneaker layout allows an aray of interesting colorway concepts
4) LeBron James signature

i know iknow its waaaaaaaay early, but..............
i feel like these sneakers as in the "Lebron Vii" have the potential to go down in sneaker history as a truely iconic shoe.

nuff talk, on to the pictures....... ENJOY!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

smokin.gif
DONT SLEEP KIDS

I have a feeling your right i see these becoming a truely iconic sneaker
once IF he wins the 2010 NBA Championship it will become iconic
Even if LeBron wins the 2010 Finals, he'll probably do so in a pair of Soldier IVs or some other summer shoe. However, I feel like this shoe is one of the best, if not the best LeBrons to hit sales floors. I've shown many non-sneakerhead consumers the 7s, without mentioning that they were the new LeBrons, and a huge majority have been blown away.

If he wins the championship this season, the collector part of me would want to stock up as many GR's as possible.
I'm a sucker for memorabilia.

Lebron has already stated that this season he will wear the 7s the whole season and in post season , so no soldier switch up like previous years

How do these rate against the zoom soldier 3s? I really like my ZS3s for ballin but Im lookin for something new/different are these way off the mark for ballincompared to the ZS3?

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by never wear them

AgentArenas wrote:
DrewDioxin wrote:
Originally Posted by andfattoo

DrewDioxin wrote:
am i the only one who found these run damn narrow with your standard size and too huge if you go up half a size? the patent creased from me wearing them around the store the other day for 4 hours. the airbag once broken in doesn't do its job ( I weigh less than bron for god sakes) and the damn shoe doesn't lace up tight enough to make me feel my ankle is safe.

maybe nike can get my dough if they give me some zoom powers, but I will be damned with paying 130 for these.
so after you broke in the air bag..... there wasnt enough cushioning??

pretty much. bottomed out after it was broken in. I fail to see how these are so revolutionary and different from the AM 09 bag.

the problem is your consumer isn't gonna drop 160 on a nike shoe unless you mention its a lebron, and even then your asking alot given the financial climate and spending trends right now. look at how many J releases have sat on the shelf. The kobe moved simply because it was apparently the best point/guard oriented shoe on the market, he won a ring, and it was under 150. I don't see these moving oiut of my store fast unless sale tags go on em or the few hardcore bron heads pickem up. Hell i have 7 pairs of VI's and I don't really want these.
They were saying that when Jordan's shoes costed 100 back in the day. Not equating LeBron to Jordan in far as any sort of brand success (
laugh.gif
) But I dont think price is too much of a factor when you consider the consumers that usually buy this shoe.

uummmm........ there wasnt a high volume of ppl filing for chapter 7,13, etc, and doing short sales back then.... these shoes will be on the shelves till they hit the 139$ price tag...
but then again, it seems as if theyre not massively producing each colorway....

Youre thinking of a completely different demographic of people. An 18 year old wont hesitate to drop money on sneakers, no matter what the economic climate may be. Whether theyre getting money from a job, or a financial aid check, theyll drop the money on the shoes. Thats moreso the demographic these shoes cater to, rather than the people youre talking about. These are basketball shoes, not BMW's. Adults who are cutting down/bankrupt are irrelevant to these shoes, unless theyre buying them for their kids.

I do agree with you that theyll probably drop the prices on GR colorways when new ones come along - the red/white/black might get discounted when the white/navy/golds drop, and so on.

very well said mr. arenas. now only if your boy "mr. injured for 2 years" could step his game up!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

comfort is subjective.i'm walking around at near 240 lbs and i'm lovin' the cushioning on the 7's.if you're a guard or light person in general i don't think you get the full effect of the cushioning on these shoes.

good point. i was feeling what many of the Niktalkers have already stated, that the shoes are less than an ideal shoe to hoop, although they arebeaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuutiful aesthetically. we have to remember they were specially designed for a 270 lb monster that is mr. LeBron. im guessing that it willtake someone like myself-- 170 lbs. a good amount of wears to fully break in.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by never wear them

AgentArenas wrote:
DrewDioxin wrote:
Originally Posted by andfattoo

DrewDioxin wrote:
am i the only one who found these run damn narrow with your standard size and too huge if you go up half a size? the patent creased from me wearing them around the store the other day for 4 hours. the airbag once broken in doesn't do its job ( I weigh less than bron for god sakes) and the damn shoe doesn't lace up tight enough to make me feel my ankle is safe.

maybe nike can get my dough if they give me some zoom powers, but I will be damned with paying 130 for these.
so after you broke in the air bag..... there wasnt enough cushioning??

pretty much. bottomed out after it was broken in. I fail to see how these are so revolutionary and different from the AM 09 bag.

the problem is your consumer isn't gonna drop 160 on a nike shoe unless you mention its a lebron, and even then your asking alot given the financial climate and spending trends right now. look at how many J releases have sat on the shelf. The kobe moved simply because it was apparently the best point/guard oriented shoe on the market, he won a ring, and it was under 150. I don't see these moving oiut of my store fast unless sale tags go on em or the few hardcore bron heads pickem up. Hell i have 7 pairs of VI's and I don't really want these.
They were saying that when Jordan's shoes costed 100 back in the day. Not equating LeBron to Jordan in far as any sort of brand success (
laugh.gif
) But I dont think price is too much of a factor when you consider the consumers that usually buy this shoe.

uummmm........ there wasnt a high volume of ppl filing for chapter 7,13, etc, and doing short sales back then.... these shoes will be on the shelves till they hit the 139$ price tag...
but then again, it seems as if theyre not massively producing each colorway....

Youre thinking of a completely different demographic of people. An 18 year old wont hesitate to drop money on sneakers, no matter what the economic climate may be. Whether theyre getting money from a job, or a financial aid check, theyll drop the money on the shoes. Thats moreso the demographic these shoes cater to, rather than the people youre talking about. These are basketball shoes, not BMW's. Adults who are cutting down/bankrupt are irrelevant to these shoes, unless theyre buying them for their kids.

I do agree with you that theyll probably drop the prices on GR colorways when new ones come along - the red/white/black might get discounted when the white/navy/golds drop, and so on.

very well said mr. arenas. now only if your boy "mr. injured for 2 years" could step his game up!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
To be honest I think hes going to have a great season. Heseems to have realized that he's an athlete, not a comedian. He's been irrelevant for a while now and instead of working his mouth he's working hisgame.

I still have an autographed jersey/shoe from his giveaway like two years back... Which was when he was first injured
laugh.gif

ahhh I don't wanna pay retail but I don't wanna miss out either...

what if I wait too long and they get sold out? what do you think I should do NT?

wait for them to go on sale or get them right when they release when I know I can get a size ?

If I'm in here, you know it's time for some hate

Serious question: I've heard a lot from Bron heads since the 7 dropped, and everyone seems pretty geeked on them. Saying stuff like "BEST BRON SHOEEVER" and "Bron VIII >>>> Everything else", stuff like that. And I get that it's exciting having a new shoe after the 6 was socontroversially boring. But real talk? Ya'll are hyping yourself silly over this.

Iit's not revolutionary. It's not a game changer. It definitely won't be the biggest sig this year (Sorry, but Wade's first Jordan shoe will beoff the charts. And the Kobe V will probably move a lot too). In fact, given how the market never likes big man shoes, these might do poorly. I'm notsaying for sure, I'm just saying.

Stylistically, it's a little weak. Let's do the math

Hypermax

nike-hypermax-01.jpg

+ Air MAX BB 360

- Leather and the straps

=
Nike-Air-Max-LeBron-VII-Fearless-Los-Angeles-1.jpg

They might perform well if you like playing in a Buick and not feeling the ground, but I'll pass.

Enjoy talking about colorways for another basketball season!

You're looking forward to Wade's shoe? Unless it's being designed by Tinker, it's going to be hot garbage. Haven't you seen Melo andCP3's lines?

Kobe V's aren't looking soo good from the catalog photos, can be different.

Lebron VII's look wayy better than the shoes you posted.

Back
Top Bottom