Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

The price for Orlando’s is just crazy so I pulled the trigger on the all stars hopefully we see some type of Orlando drop in 23.

Just like the Jordan 12s, if you follow the signature recipe (Playoff, Flu Game, University Yellow, etc.), the final product will look dope. In this case, White anterior Outsole, White Midsole/Wing, Suede/Nubuck Black Upper and Laces, Pinsptripe Tongue, Black OR White Posterior Wedge/Midsole/Outsole, [insert color] for the Swooshes, Lining and Accents would take my money.
You can add the AM1 anniversary and AM 90 recraft color blocking also, such an easy layup for Nike.

ECB5385A-CF14-453A-AA66-3E0F5257CB0D.jpeg

Serious question: besides the OG Drops do you guys/Gals dislike almost ever Penny’s that’s been released by Nike and every company they collab with?. I want to hear more in-depth opinions about how you feel about them. Seems like it’s more hatred/negativity instead of enjoying and embracing the penny line. Please remember this is a new generation Nike is “Trying” to cater to and bring new colorways in and collabs just like they did when HOH and FootAction exclusives came around 2005-2011 with different styles and colorways. I myself had a pleasure of been at the Nike Campus and I see that they’re actually trying. but yoI come on the Thread/Form and see negative feedback and comedic posts daily makes me think I’m one of the the few that actually Ride and Die for the Penny line. I go out support and help others on & offline gettingl their pairs. I participated on Snkrs and other drawings too. being apart of the culture and Penny Community over 20+ years is such a great thing. And completing my own personal collection as well. I truly want to hear others to (hold off on the negative comments) just express your opinions and suggestions under this post. I want to read how you feel about the penny line with out getting disrespectful or lashing out because we see enough of that on here daily. any one else ride for the penny line like I do? I have a open mind and unbiased opinions about this topic. Sorry for the long message but I really want to know how everyone’s feeling about the 2022-2023 Air penny Retros. Thank you

Last edited:
It wouldn't be an issue if the drops were actually dope other than the SS and og cws all the others have been very mid or just plain ugly. I get having luv for a brand and being a fan but I'm also a realist and can't just turn my head and accept anything.

Nike could have done a lot better these past 20 years.

Quality, OG details, colorways that never get retroed, etc. It's not just the Penny line it's every line.

When you're spending money on buying product you should be free to say what you like.

I love the Penny line. However, I think it's a bit oversaturated with the recent drops. I think if they rereleased the OGs plus maybe one or two well thought out limited color-ways it would be fine.

I actually like the Black, Green and Red Penny 1s that are about to drop. If it was the early 2000s I would be HYPED.
BUT I might pass though. The market is just oversaturated. Prices are $170-$200 per pair. I doubled up on the All Star Penny 1s. I'm also damn near 40 and don't know when I'd ever wear them lol.

Serious question: besides the OG Drops do you guys/Gals dislike almost ever Penny’s that’s been released by Nike and every company they collab with?. I want to hear more in-depth opinions about how you feel about them. Seems like it’s more hatred/negativity instead of enjoying and embracing the penny line. Please remember this is a new generation Nike is “Trying” to cater to and bring new colorways in and collabs just like they did when HOH and FootAction exclusives came around 2005-2011 with different styles and colorways. I myself had a pleasure of been at the Nike Campus and I see that they’re actually trying. but yoI come on the Thread/Form and see negative feedback and comedic posts daily makes me think I’m one of the the few that actually Ride and Die for the Penny line. I go out support and help others on & offline gettingl their pairs. I participated on Snkrs and other drawings too. being apart of the culture and Penny Community over 20+ years is such a great thing. And completing my own personal collection as well. I truly want to hear others to (hold off on the negative comments) just express your opinions and suggestions under this post. I want to read how you feel about the penny line with out getting disrespectful or lashing out because we see enough of that on here daily. any one else ride for the penny line like I do? I have a open mind and unbiased opinions about this topic. Sorry for the long message but I really want to know how everyone’s feeling about the 2022-2023 Air penny Retros. Thank you
I'm glad you asked this. I'm not a fan of any of the collabs ever. I know a lot do, but I don't, but that's just me (and this includes the SoleCollector collabs too). I'm simple. I'm a fan of all OG Penny 1 colorways, but this is also my own opinion on it. As a fan of Penny's actual game, I loved watching him play. So for the most part, I'm happy seeing cw's I've actually seen him play in re-release. Seeing anything outside of that for the most part doesn't resonate with me typically. Not to say I don't like some non og cw's of the Penny 1, but the basic og colors are good enough. A younger demo might like collabs and non og colorways more because they can be sneaker fans, but not necessarily basketball or Penny fans. Hell, some of them have no idea who he is (which sounds crazy to someone my age, but it's true), and based on that they have no connection to how some of us are passionate about the shoe and the colorway. I also think that the younger demographic is used to a million colorways of one model (which I also think can devalue a shoe). To all of that, I say this, why not just release og colorways semi-regularly alongside collabs and non-og colorways? Is that so hard to ask? But it's Nike. There's no way that the home Penny 1s should have taken that long to retro (and with the wrong blue shade swoosh and smaller air bubbles no less).

Back
Top Bottom