Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeezy taught her...

AwXJmzyCMAAJXva.jpg:large

PO

Originally Posted by higuy

Originally Posted by K1ngCastro

Congrats Memphis. But is it just me or does the forth picture down show weird stress marks on the soles?
my guess is that it's just the way the light bounced off the counter top.
congrats memphis, how come you left out the part about the young girl being the reseller? lol, im interested in hearing how it went down and managed to talk her down, especially since she claimed she had a h/o of $1200 in her ad.
THAT H/O WAS PHONY. I ASKED HER IF SHE REALLY HAD A HIGH OFFER OF $1200 WHEN WE MET UP. SHE SAID NO, WAS JUST TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO OFFER MORE AND THAT ONLY ONE PERSON HAD HIT HER UP BEFORE ME AND OFFERED HER A TRADE PLUS CASH, WHICH SHE DECLINED. SHE ONLY WANTED CASH. I COULD TELL BY THE AD THAT IT WAS AN ACT AND PROBABLY COULD BE TALKED DOWN. I OFFERED HER LESS THAN A STACK AND SHE ORIGINALLY SAID NO BUT AFTER A BIT SHE TOOK IT. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AMATEUR RESELLERS SPEND MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND RESELL. GIRL WORE LIKE A 5Y BUT HAD A 10.5
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
. DIDN'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SHOES EXCEPT THAT SHE COULD MAKE A PROFIT. DEF WASN'T A SNEAKERHEAD, WAS ABOUT TO JUST HAND ME THE SHOES AND THROW AWAY THE BOX. I WAS LIKE, "YOU BETTER GIVE ME THAT BOX!!!" I GUESS IN THE END, SHE STILL WON BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I THINK I GOT A STEAL, SHE STILL TURNED A PROFIT. I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS A TEENAGE GIRL THOUGH UNTIL I CALLED TO MEET UP.

Sucks you had to pay much over retail but at least you got them. I was worried your 2012 check list would be missing a "[x]"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

congrats Memphis, I know you've been on a mission 
laugh.gif
. I'm still holding out for a good deal also, hopefully I'll be able to have my fambam in the Chi cop me a pair of Solars when Niketown Chicago reopens. 
MAN.....

FROM THE NIKEVANDAL SCANDAL, TO 6 RAFFLES, TO THE IDIOT WHO BLEW UP THE VAULT INFO ON HERE (MY BEST CHANCE), GETTING TO THE NIKE.COM PAYMENT/CREDIT CARD SCREEN AND STILL GETTING +!$+ ON, TO 21MERCER AND OTHERS RIGGING DM'S.....

IT'S BEEN A CEDAR POINT RIDE.

GLAD TO BE OFF IT. 

that's great man. definitely paid off scouring for deals. i dont think too many will get that lucky though. i think what most people have to do is continuously frustrate resellers by shill bidding on their auctions, and setting up fake meetups on craigslist. sooner or later the frustration from constant time-wasters might cause them to let them go for considerably less (but still turn a nice profit) like in your case.

Originally Posted by wtfchi

Supposedly bought a pair of solars 8.5 for $650 on craigslist the transaction was done through PayPal... From Arizona the seller
Said he's going to ship them in the morning lol at least Paypal protected. The only reason im worried is that the transaction was
Titled for DB 4 to hide from his boss. I'll post pics if I do get them...
I hope you get lucky this time, I will never do a deal like that. $650+ CL+ through the mail = beginning of a nightmare. Just pray!

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

are people still actually paying $1700+ for the solars? 

Yup , thats the current price . Don't expect them to go any lower than 1600 for a while 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by kevineg6

Supposedly bought a pair of solars 8.5 for $650 on craigslist the transaction was done through PayPal... From Arizona the seller
Said he's going to ship them in the morning lol at least Paypal protected. The only reason im worried is that the transaction was
I hope you get lucky this time, I will never do a deal like that. $650+ CL+ through the mail = beginning of a nightmare. Just pray!
lol thanks....supposedly he's going to ship them off tomorrow.
this is one of the pictures he e-mailed him hopefully this isn't a stock photo lol.

this is one of the pictures he e-mailed him hopefully this isn't a stock photo lol.

Dude not to sound negative but I think you may have got got. Sounds to good to be true but I hope I am wrong. I mean what is the difference between calling them solars and DB 4?

sometimes rolling the dice on deals too good to be true isnt that bad if you use paypal and pay with a credit card (so empty out your paypal first). if you end up getting jilted, you go through a claim with paypal, and if they're uncooperative the credit card company always got your back and charges back that money. it's just a pita to deal with all that stuff if the guy ends up attempting to scam.

man im so in love with my solars that im thinking about doubling up and i dont have doubles of anything in my collection(even all my beloved shoes like 99 breds/white cements, 01 bc 3, etc). I love these shoes, the way they feel on feet and the way they look so damn fresh!!!

Originally Posted by moneymike7719

Dude not to sound negative but I think you may have got got. Sounds to good to be true but I hope I am wrong. I mean what is the difference between calling them solars and DB 4?

not negative at all-there are many pieces in his story that don't make sense. But I'll reveal more information as the week goes on
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

NOT FOR SALE
1588aog.jpg
Looks like all of the black/solar reds come with at least some visible fading on the sides due to movement inside the box...

What's up guys, been off niketalk for a couple years, but been reading this thread for the last few weeks.

Just wanted to share something cool the only store in Minneapolis to get the Yeezy's did. The store is called Phenom Global, and it was my first time shopping there. They did an online twitter auction where you DM'd your max bid and let you know if you won. Fortunately I bid the 3rd highest, but the two in front of me ended up flaking. I got my pair for more than I should've paid for some shoes, but less than current market price so I'm pretty okay with it. Especially since I'm going to be wearing these things, I think they're
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They made custom boxes and also a custom sweatshirt that glows in the dark as well.

Here's some photos
e1726c16f277254bd009c0de2d03c7d41179f0c1_r.jpg

4ae1696f7d5ddf94d953f300ce0e32c8884da0b7_r.png

^ congrats on getting both Yeezy2s....

crossing my fingers i may be drawing near a pair of solars....sz 14.... chances are slim but if i can only get the seller to go below 1500...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom