Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...to put this thread in some type of working order again....Does anyone know the backstory on how Nike approached kanye for the Air yeezy deal? I never knew how it happened

It's just an integrity of the love of sneakers standpoint guys. Nobody is picking on poor ol Geno Smith. He just wants wants to be cool with exclusive kicks that he obviously doesn't care about. Simple hypebeast mentality guys that's all
I've never seen so many assumptions in such a short span of letters.

Just talked to my boy in Shanghai and was told that feng33333 works at one of the factories in China and that the shoes that he has are A+ fakes. Nike gives material to make a certain number of pairs to the factories. What these factories do is they will take whatever they have in excess materials and make other ones. 99% of the time they won't have the actual material that is supplied by Nike but the factories will replace whatever material they are short with something very similar. The box and inside tag and most of the material used to make them are real but not all the materials are from Nike.

Last edited:
Had to do a legit check with my in China on feng because one of my guys was going to buy a pair from feng for $4300. Was also told that feng is well known in China in the sneaker community so if you have someone that is heavy in the sneaker community there I'm sure they will tell you the same thing about him!

I wouldn't be surprised if this feng characters pair were actually "unauthorized" along with the pairs we've been seeing recently, but honestly if they're about the same as release pairs who gives a s**t

Last edited:

Just talked to my boy in Shanghai and was told that feng33333 works at one of the factories in China and that the shoes that he has are A+ fakes. Nike gives material to make a certain number of pairs to the factories. What these factories do is they will take whatever they have in excess materials and make other ones. 99% of the time they won't have the actual material that is supplied by Nike but the factories will replace whatever material they are short with something very similar. The box and inside tag and most of the material used to make them are real but not all the materials are from Nike.
If that were the truth, we would have had TONS of unauthorized solar and plat replcias that were dead on with authentics. We don't have that, and that sure isn't the case this time. Feng333's pairs are authentic by definition. If they were "A+" fakes, then they would have already flooded the market. But they haven't... We've only seen really ****** "super perfect" reps like the ones Geno wore. The mesh is off, the suede is off, and the toebox is off. Feng's are dead on with Kim's and Kanye's pairs. There's no way they are fake OR unauthorized. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this feng characters pair were actually "unauthorized" along with the pairs we've been seeing recently, but honestly if they're about the same as release pairs who gives a s**t
Agreed. Even if they're unauthorized, they are still authentic by definition.

Agreed. Even if they're unauthorized, they are still authentic by definition.
Not all of the material is 100% the same as the real ones that's all I'm saying. The might look identical to the eye but they aren't. Call it what you want but it's the truth. The reason that these pairs aren't flooded with them is because Nike supplies the materials to make X amount of pairs plus maybe 10-15% extra for defects. Once production is over, the factory uses whatever material is left to make these PAIRS. If they are short some material, they will try to find the best next thing. This is how it's done over in China. My friend was going to pay Feng $4300 for them. So it is up to you how you define them. I thought I would just pass along the info. 

If that were the truth, we would have had TONS of unauthorized solar and plat replcias that were dead on with authentics. We don't have that, and that sure isn't the case this time. Feng333's pairs are authentic by definition. If they were "A+" fakes, then they would have already flooded the market. But they haven't... We've only seen really ****** "super perfect" reps like the ones Geno wore. The mesh is off, the suede is off, and the toebox is off. Feng's are dead on with Kim's and Kanye's pairs. There's no way they are fake OR unauthorized. 

I mean come on, how could you possibly tell that from just pictures?

And since nobody has these... What are you comparing to?

Fact is, we don't know if geno's are real or fake.

Until proven otherwise... Geno's case for having a pair is pretty strong in my book

Ok...to put this thread in some type of working order again....Does anyone know the backstory on how Nike approached kanye for the Air yeezy deal? I never knew how it happened

Not exactly a direct answer to your question, but I'd say this provides some good information on the backstory:

http://*************.com/Sneakers/News/The-Making-Of-The-Nike-Air-Yeezy/

Edit: since the story is from SC, the entire URL does not appear. However, the title of the story is "The Making Of The Original Nike Air Yeezy", which you can Google to find the direct link.

Excerpt from the story:

At the time that Mark Smith's phone rang on a random February day in 2007, he was already knee-deep in an endless array of projects for Nike's Innovation Kitchen. Whether that included helping to shape and craft the Air Jordan XX3, helping laser up a storm of one-of-one exclusives for friends of the brand as the Creative Director of Special Projects at the time, or helping redesign the all-new and relocated Kitchen, surely adding another high profile brief to his workload wasn't at the top of his wish list.

And yet, that's exactly when he got the call from Nike's current CEO that would spark one of the most anticipated limited edition sneakers upon its release some two years later, as he was asked to work with arguably one of the most recognizable names in the collective realms of streetwear, sneakers and music: Kanye West.

Last edited:
I mean come on, how could you possibly tell that from just pictures?

And since nobody has these... What are you comparing to?

Fact is, we don't know if geno's are real or fake.

Until proven otherwise... Geno's case for having a pair is pretty strong in my book
Feng333 and Zyn have them. They are both on IG. Geno's are fake. They have the incorrect mesh, suede, and toebox. Kim K posted a pic of hers on IG and Twitter. We've seen close ups of Kanye's. There's plenty of pics to compare to..

Dear god Nike give us a RD so this can all stop. This thread is starting to turn into a bigger joke than it already was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom