Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined Jun 5, 2012
Originally Posted by shindo03

Originally Posted by micer

Originally Posted by shindo03
Jordan is an ICON it is branded. You can show a 5 year old the logo and he'll know its Jordan maybe not the person but they know its called Jordan. You can ask someone that's 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, etc and they know Jordan. If you ask your Grandpa or Dad depending how old you are..... he might think a pair of Yeezys is a type of Cheese dude hahaha. And 200,000 is a GR man Nike just doesn't to lable them that because the little kids wouldn't think there as "sought after." You just aren't making sense either way. Your saying Jordans don't appeal to everyone and so they manufacture 200,000 and Yeezys apeal to all genres and they will manufacture higher numbers than Jordans? Banned were manufactured 15% of Concord numbers and I am guessing Yeezys will manufacture 35% because they will be online, mom and pops, and select stores. My dude the majority of the stock will not be online. The majority will be Nationwide. I'll be right man trust me.... If you have people purchasing after the release for over retail it means it's not adequate hahaha. And I'm sure 99.9% of people know on this thread that there will be purchases........Think about what your saying. No hate but just think about it.
Yeah, I get that Jordan is an established brand. Read my post all the way through, I already said that the Yeezy's will be released at GR/Concord numbers but still labeled "limited" for the hypekiddies. Think about this: The Concord is considered one of the most popular shoes of all time, and that release was huge. 15% less than a GR, the shoe was everywhere. Think about the way Nike marketed that release, they're still reselling for more because there wasn't adequate stock for everyone to get them, and people still want them. You're saying that they wouldn't produce more Yeezys because Jordan is established, but I'm saying the opposite. The fact that Yeezy's are an exclusive line is the exact reason they WOULD produce more.
Also, consider the hype associated with the Yeezy's. Imagine if Nike did exactly the Concord release but with these; there would be riots, people killing each other when they didn't get their pair. It would be the Galaxies X10 in damage, because there are more people trying to cop than the Concords. The Yeezy's already have the title of most hyped shoe of all time, so why wouldn't Nike produce Concord numbers, but in secret? We're estimating what, like 2000-2500 pairs allocated to stores right now? Correct that number if it's wrong, but that's less than 40% of the Banned stock and there were 9000 of those, not to mention that was a fairly low-key drop with no online sale. 

Think about what you're saying. There will no doubt be limited numbers of these, but I speculate near Concord numbers, think about how popular the two shoes are. There were 1200 Galaxies, and there was no online drop. There are already confirmed more pairs of Yeezy's, and a confirmed online, so there has to be at least more than the Banned and the Galaxies, because it wouldn't be worth Nike's time and they'd be passing up so much money with all the hype. No doubt there will be resells for more than retail, but there will many to go around.

Joined Mar 31, 2011
Originally Posted by jasroberts21

Originally Posted by kevi

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

The guy that asked about Extra Butter, took a 30 minute car ride there at 5. Got there at about 5:30... they said they weren't giving anymore tickets out today. Try back tomorrow at 11. I'm not even going to bother. Another snobby boutique where the salespeople are too cool and hip to even say hello to a customer. I hate how this sneaker culture is now. You gotta be decked out in Supreme Stussy and Nike or else no employee will try to offer any help. Honestly, I'm just guessing but....... I don't think extra butter has any pairs to sell lol. It's just a whole charade, just like the Mercer RSVPs.

I wanna catch some of these Mercer people outside one day. That one fat dude there gets on my nerves.

yea I was thinking of going over there after school tomorrow but I'm don't want to stand out there because they said they weren't selling tickets from 2-4 today and 2 is when i get out.Did you see a line? And did you see the jar with tickets of some sort.
Don't bother, they said they will probably stop giving out tickets way before 1. And no, I didn't see none of that. No lines, and 8 employees standing around looking like morons. 

wow thanks for the info smh

nikevandal

Banned
Joined Sep 1, 2007
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

you guys have way too much time on your hands

ODin on this its just a pair of sneakers lol

a lot of this is just speculation
but you're selling information, yes, INFORMATION on "just a sneaker" for $100 
Word.... get out of here with that, your pockets are getting padded just so that people can figure out the time... and who knows how many ppl you sold to. Thank God my plan A held me down, all else really did fail 
oh yeah cause imma just give out valuable info for free that will give you a way better chance at these than 100$ worth of raffle tickets

these shoes are selling out at 2600$ 

Joined May 30, 2012
well guys no one said 21mercer was legit but they sure don't give away all their pairs to their friends and family...

early in the day i DMed them with the platinum information seconds after the tweet went out, literally milliseconds after they allowed DMs. you could not believe how salty i was when i didnt get an answer

then later on in the day i was with my girl and i casually went on twitter and saw that the rsvp for the solars went out and i noticed it posted 5 minutes ago so i didnt really have much hope but i sent a message from my account and then from my girls like 2 minutes later for the same size.

i never got a response, and she did even though she sent it even LATER than my already late dm...

it's my birthday tomorrow so i guess this is my present haha but yeah their twitter antics are really *%++** up

Joined Mar 11, 2008
nike vandal im willing to spend that guap but does the info have a return policy if not correct or cant guarantee me a pair? pm me lets chat

Joined Jan 5, 2008

Originally Posted by jst628

but you're selling information, yes, INFORMATION on "just a sneaker" for $100 
Word.... get out of here with that, your pockets are getting padded just so that people can figure out the time... and who knows how many ppl you sold to. Thank God my plan A held me down, all else really did fail 
oh yeah cause imma just give out valuable info for free that will give you a way better chance at these than 100$ worth of raffle tickets

whats your return policy tho??? 

dj proto j

Banned
Joined Sep 25, 2009
my only real option fell thru today...

pretty much giving up...

will just shoot for NDC if i can.

otherwise i'll just have to scour ebay and the buy/sell forums for a decent price on a size 12...

it's whatever tho, i got enough heat in my collection, i'll get these when i can get 'em for a decent price... not gonna break the bank for 'em...

Joined Nov 8, 2010
:smh:posting stuff like that is crucial... anyways back to studying
Edit has there been any more "winners" from black yeezys winning at :21 mark?

Joined Nov 11, 2006
Originally Posted by thatguy

In my opinion, this may not be an impossible online release since they're publicizing they're doing phone orders...

or maybe it will be...
Where'd you hear that?

Joined Jan 9, 2007
First And Foremost, Shot Out To The Homie PROBALLER For Helping Shed Light On Some Release Info Out Here In Colorado, Even Tho He Is MILES Away Out In Washington

It Was Lookiing Kind Of Grim Out Here For These As Most People Are Doing The "Buy Our ++%$, And We'll Give You Raffle Tickets" Type Release If Not Auctions

My Lady Stays A Little Bit Closer To This Shop Than I Do Right Now So She Offered To Stop By On Her Way Back From Work This Evening. She Stopped Thru As Promised And Found Out That The Store Had Decided To Hand Out Wristbands To Those Waiting In Line Throughout The Day Because Of Crappy Weather Conditions Set To Hit Our Area Tonight. After A Little More Chatting She Was Able To Find Out That (4) Or So Pair Will Be Held For Employees, With The Store Having Supposedly Gotten (10) or (11) Pair Total. A Little More Sweet Talking With Employees And She Was Able To Convince Them To Give Her A Wristband (#11) And To NOT Put It On Her So That I Could Put It On Myself
My Contact For The Info Swears That The Store Has 12-14 Pair To Be Released To The Public, So If That's The Case, I Might Just Have Secured A Pair This Afternoon

Long Story Short,

I Will Be Eating Hot Box For Dinner Tonight

Now Just Relying On The Sneakergods Up There To Take Care Of The Rest

Joined Feb 27, 2005
Originally Posted by BigDaWg1688

Originally Posted by 55steep

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Can you explain why? What material is the front toe piece? Soft premium suede with a nappy brushable surface? What about the mesh like material? Is it hard or soft? Will it crease easily? The snakeskin type material, is that synthetic stuff... MSRP seems so low now, but what the hell are we really paying for here? From all accounts, these appear to be a $170 MSRP or lower given everything I've seen.. Especially the ATC III outsole/midsole base. I mean you got one photo of the pink sockliner and the stitching is visible at the seams.

I think I'm through here. Not a single person caring what the shoe is actually about, quality wise.

The hunt is now so crazy that it doesn't even matter what the shoe consists of.. Had it been just a normal QS for $245, you would have a lot more people wondering just what the heck am I buying here.... Now it's no questions asked. Successful play Nike.

Lurk status activated
I just got a pair yesterday and here's some things I noticed about them:
  • They fit pretty true to size, if you wore a 12 in last years IIIs you'll be a 12 in these.
  • The suede is top notch, brushable suede and the hidden seam on the toe look great with this material
  • The strap is very thin and rubberized. I was expecting it to be thicker.
  • The triangle cutouts on the medial side look great with the thickness of the suede. It gives them some depth you usually don't see on a shoe.
  • The mesh is very thick, the only comparison that comes to mind is the the mesh from the XIIIs. It'll likely crease but only in one particular spot.
  • The footbed is a nice, stitched down pigskin with perforations on the forefoot.
  • The sculpting on the back is killer, totally makes the shoe for me.
  • The snake texture is very soft and will definitely lead to a lot of problems down the line for people (especially on the grey pair, since it'll be more visible).
  • And the single most disappointing thing: the midsole is not colored to the core. You can see the midsole over painting and it may end up cracking (I love'em, but I don't know if I can tolerate cracking on a shoe that retails for $245).
This review was perfect and agree with him on everything. Creasing on the toe box will be pretty bad IMO, would be just like the mesh Jordan 1s that came out a few years back or even the KO's. But his last bullet point. The midsole, man Nike F'd up on that. The midsole WILL DEFINITELY CRACK. Just like Jordan 3's and 4's. This will be a huge problem when people wear their pairs (or will people wear these). Sad that a shoe retailing for $245 and the resell in the thousands is going to look horrible once cracking appears.
Bottom line, if you're going to charge $250 I'd expect it not to crack. You could sell me $250 IIIs and IVs all day long  -- if you could guarantee me they aren't going to crack.

Joined Nov 24, 2009
Originally Posted by eroze

well guys no one said 21mercer was legit but they sure don't give away all their pairs to their friends and family...

early in the day i DMed them with the platinum information seconds after the tweet went out, literally milliseconds after they allowed DMs. you could not believe how salty i was when i didnt get an answer

then later on in the day i was with my girl and i casually went on twitter and saw that the rsvp for the solars went out and i noticed it posted 5 minutes ago so i didnt really have much hope but i sent a message from my account and then from my girls like 2 minutes later for the same size.

i never got a response, and she did even though she sent it even LATER than my already late dm...

it's my birthday tomorrow so i guess this is my present haha but yeah their twitter antics are really *%++** up
congrats man, and happy birthday in advance.

I'm with you about their twitter antics. Does your gf have a hot profile pic on her twitter account? Could be why she got confirmed.

Joined Apr 1, 2012

Originally Posted by BigDaWg1688

I just got a pair yesterday and here's some things I noticed about them:
  • They fit pretty true to size, if you wore a 12 in last years IIIs you'll be a 12 in these.
  • The suede is top notch, brushable suede and the hidden seam on the toe look great with this material
  • The strap is very thin and rubberized. I was expecting it to be thicker.
  • The triangle cutouts on the medial side look great with the thickness of the suede. It gives them some depth you usually don't see on a shoe.
  • The mesh is very thick, the only comparison that comes to mind is the the mesh from the XIIIs. It'll likely crease but only in one particular spot.
  • The footbed is a nice, stitched down pigskin with perforations on the forefoot.
  • The sculpting on the back is killer, totally makes the shoe for me.
  • The snake texture is very soft and will definitely lead to a lot of problems down the line for people (especially on the grey pair, since it'll be more visible).
  • And the single most disappointing thing: the midsole is not colored to the core. You can see the midsole over painting and it may end up cracking (I love'em, but I don't know if I can tolerate cracking on a shoe that retails for $245).
This review was perfect and agree with him on everything. Creasing on the toe box will be pretty bad IMO, would be just like the mesh Jordan 1s that came out a few years back or even the KO's. But his last bullet point. The midsole, man Nike F'd up on that. The midsole WILL DEFINITELY CRACK. Just like Jordan 3's and 4's. This will be a huge problem when people wear their pairs (or will people wear these). Sad that a shoe retailing for $245 and the resell in the thousands is going to look horrible once cracking appears.
Bottom line, if you're going to charge $250 I'd expect it not to crack. You could sell me $250 IIIs and IVs all day long  -- if you could guarantee me they aren't going to crack.
Always going to crack unless you're talking about the 2003 releases and before. I still rock my 2003 white cement IIIs and they don't crack, peel or any of that stuff because the midsoles were not painted the same way.

nikevandal

Banned
Joined Sep 1, 2007

whats your return policy tho??? 
what would there be a return policy for

you guys can doubt me all you want like last time i could care less

but when i get my pairs in jokes will be on you

i got that floyd mayweather track record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now