Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good looking out on the info ny.

My guess for availability is that stores that had the yeezy 1s will get 5-10 more pairs when they get the yeezy 2s. Then again, more stores are getting them so maybe fewer pairs in stock? What do you guys think?

Thing with "availability" I always get myself confused with is it can be the amount of pairs or the places getting them. Not necessarily both. Just because more stores are getting them doesn't mean theres more pairs.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

$2500 pre sale. That is pure disrespect for this sneaker community. If I have/had the chance to grab a few pairs for NT'ers I would and wouldnt charge much over retail. But 10 times the price. That is really what is wrong with shoe culture. I hope Nike makes these accessible to smaller markets so I dont have to worry about rape prices.

$2500 pre sale is INSANE, but Nike doesn't care. The root of the problem lies with the store allowing this person to have a FSR 8-12 of dayum near EVERY release. 
I've been on this forum long enough and this person has every major release in a FSR. So obvioulsy they're selling kicks for the store then splitting profits with them OR
they're just keep all the money for themself. You all need to remember that the people working in these stores make probably $10-$12/hr IF that. So what's the best way
to actually make some money? Folks can't be that naive. All this dayum crying about Nike needs to do this and Nike needs to do that will fall on DEAF ears. At the end of
the day, Nike gets their money regardless.  And anyone who knows anything about Nike and it's accounts, knows that they are straight MAFIA style with it. You have to buy
all the CRAP to get the good stuff. So why would they give a F about you all who are probably less than 5% of their business?!
laugh.gif
 How come they can mass produce ALL
white AF1s and Nike Frees, but can't mass produce the "limited" and "hyped" kicks? Nike doesn't care about you and the sooner you realize that, the sooner the page counts
will become less and less.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by InglewoodBangin

Originally Posted by jhobson5

$2500 pre sale. That is pure disrespect for this sneaker community. If I have/had the chance to grab a few pairs for NT'ers I would and wouldnt charge much over retail. But 10 times the price. That is really what is wrong with shoe culture. I hope Nike makes these accessible to smaller markets so I dont have to worry about rape prices.

$2500 pre sale is INSANE, but Nike doesn't care. The root of the problem lies with the store allowing this person to have a FSR 8-12 of dayum near EVERY release. 
I've been on this forum long enough and this person has every major release in a FSR. So obvioulsy they're selling kicks for the store then splitting profits with them OR
they're just keep all the money for themself. You all need to remember that the people working in these stores make probably $10-$12/hr IF that. So what's the best way
to actually make some money? Folks can't be that naive. All this dayum crying about Nike needs to do this and Nike needs to do that will fall on DEAF ears. At the end of
the day, Nike gets their money regardless.  And anyone who knows anything about Nike and it's accounts, knows that they are straight MAFIA style with it. You have to buy
all the CRAP to get the good stuff. So why would they give a F about you all who are probably less than 5% of their business?!
laugh.gif
 How come they can mass produce ALL
white AF1s and Nike Frees, but can't mass produce the "limited" and "hyped" kicks? Nike doesn't care about you and the sooner you realize that, the sooner the page counts
will become less and less.
wink.gif

please stop winking at me, its creeping me out...

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

I can't believe people thought the Y1s were better. These are absolutely superior.
Too bad I won't be able to cop these.
I gotta wait til i see them in person, but i'd definitely trade them for some Yeezy 1s or some South Beach Lebrons. Love both shoes more than these. It's all personal preference though.

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by mfghilario

Footlocker/Footaction is gonna get these? Really? I can't see that happening. Idk why.

They will...

I wouldn't be surprised if the shoe resells to SOMEONE for $2,500 first weekend. Is that their true resell value? No. Galaxy Foams were at near 2k first week and are now settling at just under 1,000 IF that. Resellers don't make the resale price, thirsty sneakerheads do. If no one is buying them at $2,500 the resale price wouldnt be that.

These will be MORE available than the Galaxys but A LOT more people will try to get a pair just to "FLIP" because everyone knows what the first sneaker resold at.

Barring any major changes (like Nike doing a last minute drop of the Galaxys) Foot Locker and Footaction (not all) will have the Yeezy 2.

a bro, so what do you think the availability will be in comparison to the Y1? maybe 30 per store?

I have no idea about production #s but I would expect NikeTowns to have the most. In terms of NYC ONLY, I was told that they should be slightly more available than the Galaxys. If I had to say an estimate and guess (please dont quote me) it would be around 100-110 per store at each of the MAJOR chain stores downtown after employees get their dibs. That's equal to about 10 per size compared to the 8 per size for the Galaxys.

They will...

I wouldn't be surprised if the shoe resells to SOMEONE for $2,500 first weekend. Is that their true resell value? No. Galaxy Foams were at near 2k first week and are now settling at just under 1,000 IF that. Resellers don't make the resale price, thirsty sneakerheads do. If no one is buying them at $2,500 the resale price wouldnt be that.

These will be MORE available than the Galaxys but A LOT more people will try to get a pair just to "FLIP" because everyone knows what the first sneaker resold at.

Barring any major changes (like Nike doing a last minute drop of the Galaxys) Foot Locker and Footaction (not all) will have the Yeezy 2.

a bro, so what do you think the availability will be in comparison to the Y1? maybe 30 per store?

I have no idea about production #s but I would expect NikeTowns to have the most. In terms of NYC ONLY, I was told that they should be slightly more available than the Galaxys. If I had to say an estimate and guess (please dont quote me) it would be around 100-110 per store at each of the MAJOR chain stores downtown after employees get their dibs. That's equal to about 10 per size compared to the 8 per size for the Galaxys.

Nice info as always ! But do you think nike is going to put these on NDC at a random time again like the 1's ?

im pretty sure most spots will be doing a raffle for these yeezy's if they get under 30 pairs. people better ask there spots before lining up cus the worst thing will be lining up for 6+ days and it is a lotto lol.

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

They will...

Nice info as always ! But do you think nike is going to put these on NDC at a random time again like the 1's ?

No idea bro. You never know with Nike.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I'M WILLING TO BET MY LIFE THAT RESALE VALUE WILL BE LESS THAN $2500. I'M PRETTY SURE IT WILL BE UNDER $1500 ESPECIALLY IF THERE REALLY ARE MORE PAIRS MADE THAN THE 1ST.
your life? not that serious brotha
roll.gif

i can see some impulse bids for $2k + within the first few days around the release, but like i've said b4, like always, the prices will come back down to earth...

don't be that guy who paid $2k + for these... imagine how dumb those dudes feel who dropped $2k on galaxy's, only to be able to cop them now for under a G...
laugh.gif

that's not a lil' bit of money, that's my freaking mortgage payment and my car payment just about... cuz i couldn't wait a lil' bit for prices to come down, and got caught up in the hype? F that!

good things usually come to those who wait...

i had a FSR of zens last time and flipped most of them for 2 - 3 times retail... so i'm not one to hate on resellers, that paid for my pairs... but $2500 for presale? 
roll.gif

Anybody that says they don't want these is a fool, their gonna regret it as soon as they see a pair in person

i guess im regret because after I seen the new pics and the price my hype meter fell fast. Yezzy 1> yezzy 2 imo so far

Originally Posted by modernart

Official information from Nike should be coming soon. Either tomorrow or Saturday.

air-yeezy-2-release-information.jpg

Countdown to a countdown.  They won.

Confirmed Information Pertaining to Canada Only! (Extrapolate as you may)

No Footlockers or Champs will be getting the Yeezy 2.  The only stores in Canada that will be selling it are the 3 Tier 0 counts in the country... The same stores that got the Galaxies.  One can assume these are probably releasing in 'galaxy' quantity (in Canada at the very least)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom