OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

All my local Footlockers in Cali are doing RSVP reserve a pair. Thank you Footlockers! easy pick up why cant all Kobes be this way!?
pimp.gif

Random but how do these compare to the 6's performance wise?
Funny I just compared them this past weekend. The 6s to me are still alil better IMO because I feel like the inside forms to fit ur foot perfect. The 8s are lighter and I can cut quicker but my foot slides around just a lil bit in the 8s. there still a great shoe to play ball in perfomance wise but im still hooping in my 6s right now.  

Better IMO. More comfortable and lighter feel with improved breath ability. So far I think these 8's are the best shoe performance wise out of all the Kobe's. 

Better IMO. More comfortable and lighter feel with improved breath ability. So far I think these 8's are the best shoe performance wise out of all the Kobe's. 
Performance better than any kobe 1-7, Adidas, Hyperdunk, 2k4 and 2k5 hurraches

Still nothing beats the overall package of a V imo, but best kobe shoe (for ball) I've ever owned.

Funny I just compared them this past weekend. The 6s to me are still alil better IMO because I feel like the inside forms to fit ur foot perfect. The 8s are lighter and I can cut quicker but my foot slides around just a lil bit in the 8s. there still a great shoe to play ball in perfomance wise but im still hooping in my 6s right now.  
+1

The 8 actually let me down a little

Only legitimate issue I see with Kobe's is that the lunar insoles wear down way too fast
I will keep an eye out on that, as I am about 5-11 230 and see how fast mine wears down. I had more of an issue with KBVI honeycomb bottom sole wearing down too fast.

My only gripe lol

Should I post a pic of the entire collection when I get home to "feed my ego"? Maybe I just really like the shoe...

+1

The 8 actually let me down a little

I somewhat agree. Out of the box and the first few balling sessions I was VERY impressed. However once I broke that lunar insole in I felt like my forefoot was literally slamming on hardwood every time I ran on a fast break, etc. The upper seemed to stretch a little over time and I would notice having to lace way tighter.

Overall, the 8 is a really dope shoe. I love how they came back from the 7s. But the 5/6 were just home runs on every aspect. If the 5 had a full forefoot zoom instead of met I would definitely label that my favorite of all time.

Performance wise I want to say initially, the 8's are great but I think over the life of the shoe, the EM on the 8's will get stretched out a bit and will not retain its shape like the 6's.

The 6's seems like a much sturdier constructed shoe than the 8's. I prefer the outsole pattern on the 8's than the 6's though, gives a better court contact/ feel but the 6's feel more stable in terms of running and slashing to the basket. 

The top of the foot feels more secure/ locked down on the 6's IMO. Doesn't shift like the 8's. But everyone's foot and feel are different, so to each their own.

Last edited:
Family got together cause of relatives from Brazil visiting. Spoke w/ my little cousin, who is a senior in high school. Apparently they are on spring break this week, just want to give a heads up to you guys. High school kids will probably be out in full effect. So for those trying to cop, just handle it quick and get your pairs asap. I also do think these shouldn't be that hard to grab but you don't want to run the risk of missing out. Best of luck to those trying to cop.

Performance wise I want to say initially, the 8's are great but I think over the life of the shoe, the EM on the 8's will get stretched out a bit and will not retain its shape like the 6's.

The 6's seems like a much sturdier constructed shoe than the 8's. I prefer the outsole pattern on the 8's than the 6's though, gives a better court contact/ feel but the 6's feel more stable in terms of running and slashing to the basket. 

The top of the foot feels more secure/ locked down on the 6's IMO. Doesn't shift like the 8's. But everyone's foot and feel are different, so to each their own.

This is my exact experience. The 6's traction pattern left much to be desired, and I wore it out much more quickly than I would like, but I would rather have the traction wearing out than the insole, so the 6's (and 5's) get the performance vote over the 8's for me.

If we're talking about non-performance comfort though, then it's 8's all day, every day. This is one of the most comfortable walking around shoes I've ever experienced.

because you have a swoosh account. you cant hve it all sir.

/end jealousy

:tongue:

:rofl:

i've only had the swoosh for a couple months and 2 releases

The size 13 issue had been ongoing for a couple of years now.

:tongue:
you mustve just got into shoes a couple years ago

sz 13 has forever been a "rare" size

edit: idk why they just dont make more, its actually a pretty popular size

Last edited by a moderator:
About 6 pairs left of size 11 at local FTL. I don't think they are limited but they will not last through the weekend. I hope everyone trying to cop gets them. Good luck.

About 6 pairs left of size 11 at local FTL. I don't think they are limited but they will not last through the weekend. I hope everyone trying to cop gets them. Good luck.

So some FTL's released them early or what? And you're talking Easters right?

For those peeps with the issue of the lunarlon wearing down too fast, the alternative is the Jordan 2012 pack insoles, I've mentioned it before on previous posts that I switch the lunarlon for the Fly Over or the Fly Around soles with the 8's.

Slight loss of court feel but you can't expect the lunarlon to last. It's a softer foam than the other more sturdier foams used in other shoes. It doesn't retain it's shape or density as good as because of the molding to your foot material. 

Ask any hardcore runner with lunarlon based shoe, they would say they have to switch shoes faster than other types of running shoe. My belief is that lunarlon was made for running and not basketball. The jumping, stopping cutting that bballers do is much different than joggers/ runners.

Went through the last 5 pages, also checked the first page(NEEDS TO BE UPDATED), but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Did Nike up the price for the Easters, or are they $140?

Back
Top Bottom