OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I still can't believe how much hype this shoe generated in the past week or so.  Congrats on those who managed to cop, and good luck for those still hunting down a pair.
agree 100% .....it seems like once a certain niketalk members say they like em, the flood gates opened...seems like that happens with alot of releases tho.

Damn, stopped by my local mall and every store there(FA, Champs, and 2 FTLs) sold out of kobe easters. meanwhile, kd n lebron easters are sitting. Hope i could find a pair for retail or a little over retail.

Damn, stopped by my local mall and every store there(FA, Champs, and 2 FTLs) sold out of kobe easters. meanwhile, kd n lebron easters are sitting. Hope i could find a pair for retail or a little over retail.

Me too. Just called all of the FTLs and everyone picked up their RSVP. The LeBrons and KDs are so boring compared to the Kobes so that's not surprising.

agree 100% .....it seems like once a certain niketalk members say they like em, the flood gates opened...seems like that happens with alot of releases tho.

That's part of it, but I also think that most of us forget just how much of an echo chamber these major threads are. There might be 20 regular posters in this thread and we usually have info on upcoming releases months in advance so when one person feels a certain way it just starts to spread. And then lurkers/new members pop up and join in and boom the hype train is off and running.

Got to the mall around 9:30 this morning and saw about a dozen others already in line. Most of them were waiting for the foams and hyper flights. By 9:55, the line had grown to about 30 people. One of my homies came late and was discouraged because of the line, but I told him to try anyways. The security guards opened the doors and the line was scattered; people simply began walking into the mall without any order. I didn't run but I sped walk 
laugh.gif
. Others were walking idly and taking their time. I ended up being 2nd in line and getting a pair. My homie got his pair as well. Pretty stoked. Easy cop today. Can't wait for the Purple fades. Hope everyone out there got a pair for themselves. 

SMFH don't try and tell someone what to do w/ their shoes. if he wants to ball in them, let him. aren't they basketball shoes by the way?
mean.gif

if your gonna come here and try to tell people the "right way" to use their shoes then you should just...
Damn, someone got put on blast and I missed it. 
laugh.gif

Actually the only VII that I liked and purchased...Im a huge fan of the WTK, but in the same breath I would not want to see the 8 done this way. I like creativity, leave the Bruce Lees with the 5's, Grinches with the 6, WTK on the 7's, and give me something diff with the 8's
This. 

Even better than the pics I have been staring at forever. Was first in line at my Footlocker which was the only place in Grand Rapids, MI getting them. They only had 1 pair of 13 (my size) so I was def glad to be there early and cop. Brons and KDs are gonna be collecting dust for a long time. Brons are super comfortable tho, if only they didn't look so bad. Might be a good $60-$80 summer beater cop down the line though

The height of the shoe collar has nothing to do with ankle stability. Yes, NBA players get ankle sprains in Kobes. Yes, NBA players get ankle sprains in high tops.

Kobe 8's is one of the most successful shoes to cone out in a while..

All the patterns, the comfort. I never liked a Shoe so much....boy I'm hooked.

Back
Top Bottom