OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

You really believe its his first time putting on a pair of elites?? I highly doubt it. I just saw a pick of some other nba player wearing them in this thread (forgot which player and dont feel like searching back). Kobe has had the option for sure. He wouldnt wear any non elite 8 if the elites were a superior product. the man had nike shave off like millimeters of a sole to get him better performance. hes not wearing a shoe that isnt as good as another one in his locker.

That pic you mentioned was of Tabo Sefalosha in last years Playoffs/Finals. But those were the VIs I believe, not the VIIs. He also wore them the year before, I think, when the Mavs won the Title.

But you're right by saying if the Elite was such an enormous upgrade, Kobe woulda been wearing em.weeks ago...The Lakers needed all the help they could get.

Nike marketing is playing a part in Kobe wearing the Elites early...IMO.

That pic you mentioned was of Tabo Sefalosha in last years Playoffs/Finals. But those were the VIs I believe, not the VIIs. He also wore them the year before, I think, when the Mavs won the Title.

But you're right by saying if the Elite was such an enormous upgrade, Kobe woulda been wearing em.weeks ago...The Lakers needed all the help they could get.

like u said I think nike does have a say in kobe wearing the elites early but also if anything they would also prolly refrain him from wearing.an."elite" shoe too early IMO we wont know until they make the playoffs

For so much of the season kobe wore sulfurs, even on nationally televised games. I don't doubt Nike had plans for him to release CW in the playoffs. Well 3 more games maybe we see a new CW.

After gradients and inlines I'm really done with Kobe's (I hope)

Nike has marketed the Elite Series, since day 1 of last year, as footwear for the "2nd part" of the NBA season. It's the Playoff version of that particular stars shoe...whether it be Kobe, Lebron, KD this year or Blake Griffin last year...

It would be hard to showcase a particular players Playoff footwear if they're not in the Playoffs...makes since Nike would prefer Kobe to wear them now, just so they can get some airtime. The average consumer probably wouldn't want to pay $220 for a shoe they won't see that player wear.

Besides, if the shoe is such an upgrade, why wait until now to wear them?

Why aren't Lebron and KD wearing their Elites now? Because the Elites are to be showcased by their respective Stars in the Playoffs, not on a boat while they've "Gone Fishin",,,

Gone fishing :rofl:

*Mars Blackmon voice* [size=large]Gotta be the shoes![/size] */voice*

:pimp:

Elites or not, Kobe probably has custom insoles for his shoes either way so besides the upper being different, I don't see how the elites would be a huge upgrade for him. It would be a slight upgrade for the average consumer because of the forefoot/heel zoom and possibly an enhanced fit

like u said I think nike does have a say in kobe wearing the elites early but also if anything they would also prolly refrain him from wearing.an."elite" shoe too early IMO we wont know until they make the playoffs
I guarantee if the elites were superior he would have had them all season. Kobe would have all the normal cw's made with everything the "elite" brings. Nike will make him what he wants. Theyre not better, its just another shoe, another gimmick. nothing wrong at all with purchasing them, colorway looks sweet, just not a better quality shoe. Kobe knows elites exist, he wouldnt wait for playoffs to wear them. Kobe has more clout with nike than that.

Elites or not, Kobe probably has custom insoles for his shoes either way so besides the upper being different, I don't see how the elites would be a huge upgrade for him. It would be a slight upgrade for the average consumer because of the forefoot/heel zoom and possibly an enhanced fit
The game worn PEs I posted waaaaaay back in the thread, dude that owns em says regular lunarlon just like the release versions.

In a 'Best Case' scenario from Nike's standpoint, the Lakers would have already sewn up a Playoff spot weeks ago, and plans to debut the Kobe 8 Elite would be ready for Game 1 of the 1st round...

The Lakers threw a big monkeywrench in that plan, so now Nike is nervous that Vino may not get the chance to actually play in a Playoff game this season. So how would we showcase Kobe wearing his $220 shoe that they need to sell...have him wear them now.

But Kobe's so focused right now for these next 5 games, he could drop 45/5/5 in some houseshoes.... :smokin

true, BUT what about the flywire?

In a 'Best Case' scenario from Nike's standpoint, the Lakers would have already sewn up a Playoff spot weeks ago, and plans to debut the Kobe 8 Elite would be ready for Game 1 of the 1st round...

The Lakers threw a big monkeywrench in that plan, so now Nike is nervous that Vino may not get the chance to actually play in a Playoff game this season. So how would we showcase Kobe wearing his $220 shoe that they need to sell...have him wear them now.

But Kobe's so focused right now for these next 5 games, he could drop 45/5/5 in some houseshoes.... :smokin

Kobe is on a serious MISSION these last few games of the season

I guarantee if the elites were superior he would have had them all season. Kobe would have all the normal cw's made with everything the "elite" brings. Nike will make him what he wants. Theyre not better, its just another shoe, another gimmick. nothing wrong at all with purchasing them, colorway looks sweet, just not a better quality shoe. Kobe knows elites exist, he wouldnt wait for playoffs to wear them. Kobe has more clout with nike than that.
true regardless theyre designed to his.specifications like lebron shoes have a square toe box for his square like toes XD to kobe the glass composite shank may be just fine but to some it has cracked therefore the needed use of actual carbon fiber? 0.o would love to c if it does hold up without cracking on someone's whos shank has cracked

I wonder why they release June 1? Weird huh? 
been thinking about that maybe they'll drop a home n away version all white.elites on the 20th n all black elites on the 1st maybe who knows though it seems awkward kobe to only get a black upper n KD n bron get white uppers *shrugs*

I wonder why they release June 1? Weird huh? 

June 1st is the Saturday before the NBA Finals start. Perfect day by Nike's thinking to drop some more basketball shoes.

But Nike is releasing SO MANY shoes starting this weekend, it's ridiculous. Dudes will be happy Nike decided to space out some of these release dates throughout the summer.

I just need May 11, 25 and whatever day Nike decides to drop the Amnesties (if they actually do).

Last edited:
^^Nike's thinking "Kobe BETTER wear these $220 shoes we tryin to pawn off to the public...he may not get the chance next weekend! "

Nike already had plans of changing the nickname of the Superhero joints to the "Gone Fishin'"...

Kobe ain't gonna let that happen!!! :smokin

Love hooping in 8s...

Back
Top Bottom