OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

BTW graffiti's are atrocious. not sure how some you of like them, they just look like an ugly cheap shoe :x

worst colorway of this shoe hands down and im sure most can agree

Lol how worst colorway doesnt go to venice beaches is beyond me

Having crayola boxes throw up on your feet is fire to most i guess

i dont car for VB's but they arent as bad as these. come on now look at em. these are terrible.

Imma have to pass on the Graffitis as well. I've been looking and wanting the Volts for the longest.

Also picking up one of my grails tomorrow if dude doesn't back out and Lebron Volts today. Just no room for the recent releases, haven't been a big fan of them any how. I'm hittin up groups to look for the asgs, volts and elite (black) before I touch anything that is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
FTL had free shipping before release time, then it hit 5am, its 7.99 to ship...
mean.gif
   now i have drag my lazy butt to the store while FTL employees try to sell me socks and other junk while telling me its limited and to hurry up.

Meh, I picked 'em up. I like the green. Slept through my alarm but that obviously wasn't a problem
roll.gif

Worst colorway IMO is the red/orange-soled monstrosity.

Lol grafittis are alright nothing special but alright none the less

VBs i cant ever mess with a shoe that has that many colors, man those are so ugly that no instagram filter can save them

Nike makes no sense. How do you have CHAZ do lettering for the Graf shirts but not the shoe? Meanwhile they rip off his lettering on the shoe and smear it all up. I asked NIKE numerous times about who the artist was for these. Never once did I get a answer. Twitter post as well. yet they reply to dumb questions about price and sizing which the info is available pretty much everywhere. Total disrespect to a legendary street artist. This really really pisses me off big time. I have lost a large amount of respect for Nike on this one. Seriously.

I'll pass on the graffiti pair, maybe sometime down the road I will pick them up if the sizes are still out there. I just really want the sparks/fireworks, whatever they're called now. :lol:

FTL had free shipping before release time, then it hit 5am, its 7.99 to ship...:smh:    now i have drag my lazy butt to the store while FTL employees try to sell me socks and other junk while telling me its limited and to hurry up.

Eastbay is free shipping and no tax for me. Maybe you could go that route?

BTW graffiti's are atrocious. not sure how some you of like them, they just look like an ugly cheap shoe :x

Lol how worst colorway doesnt go to venice beaches is beyond me

Having crayola boxes throw up on your feet is fire to most i guess
Yeah I agree. Venice Beaches are still by far the worst colorway to me.

These are sick! Way nicer in person the plastic swoosh looks like candy red car paint. The sole is cool too it's translucent but the bottom is thicker that's why it looks solid in pics.
Good pickup Fuzon. And yeah, I like how the swoosh/heel shozoku has a slight iridescent effect to them

Last edited:
Pass on another release..

Inlines
Homes
Amnesties
Home elite
Or a freaking laker color way and Nike will have my money..

pass, too many other 8s I need to get before these, love the colors but dislike the pattern, pass in September too, my next 8 will probably be another ID

^^ Im saying right?? Maybe its just me but man they've put out sooo many "+" CW's this season. Hate to keep dragging the same old song out but its just the truth.

Nike makes no sense. How do you have CHAZ do lettering for the Graf shirts but not the shoe? Meanwhile they rip off his lettering on the shoe and smear it all up. I asked NIKE numerous times about who the artist was for these. Never once did I get a answer. Twitter post as well. yet they reply to dumb questions about price and sizing which the info is available pretty much everywhere. Total disrespect to a legendary street artist. This really really pisses me off big time. I have lost a large amount of respect for Nike on this one. Seriously.

You're just speaking to a customer service person. Maybe they don't have the information available.

How is it disrespectful if he signed off on it and got paid?

Damn man :smh:

Usually when you got 20 people telling you somethings off, it's probably off.

I should've listened, but I thought I was protected by my bank. Funny how they tell you one thing one day, and flip the script when you finally do it.
Withdrew all my money from my Chase account. Back to the Nike shoe box.

Lol grafittis are alright nothing special but alright none the less

VBs i cant ever mess with a shoe that has that many colors, man those are so ugly that no instagram filter can save them

thing is, i was one of the first people to hate on the VB's in this thread :lol: but they grew on me a little after release. they arent that bad honestly.

You're just speaking to a customer service person. Maybe they don't have the information available.

How is it disrespectful if he signed off on it and got paid?
No where does it say he did them. I doubt he did since they never mentioned it. You would think nike would make a big deal of it since other artist collaborations get a lot of talk up from nike(Pushead,kozik,neckface,etc). He did the shirts yes but I think Nike jacked his lettering and tried to make it unnoticeable. Chaz has not mentioned it either.

Last edited:
Now .. i agree and think it was rather funny when i got the email from nike saying limited for the graffitis. But they are far from trash like i see a lot of comments. I remember all the trash talk those ugly pink MCs got as first pics surfaced but seems to me like 90% of you have them ....

Eastbay is free shipping and no tax for me. Maybe you could go that route?
I was using $30 off code for FTL,  there is a free shipping code but the web only allows one at a time...ill try the bday coupon in store.  if they deny me ill just pass on the shoe.  Eastbay charges shipping still unless you use a code.  Repped anyways for trying to help.  Thanks.

To each their own. I returned the Volts because the color looks like crap.  Purchased Graffities because they look a lot better and the colors mesh better.

they're that bad? :lol:

They're bad IMO. The fact that the print comes out terribly on iDs too only adds to that. To each their own of course

I just think the entire graff concept/upper is a big let down, they could have really made something dope, I will admit that color green is sick though

^ THIS x2

These are sick! Way nicer in person the plastic swoosh looks like candy red car paint. The sole is cool too it's translucent but the bottom is thicker that's why it looks solid in pics.

Great pickup Sir. Pics just don't work with these lol. A buddy asked me where I'd rank them amongst other 8s. They're an easy top 10 at this point.
Top 5....I'd have to think about. We'll see in December I guess.

Damn man :smh:

Usually when you got 20 people telling you somethings off, it's probably off.

I should've listened, but I thought I was protected by my bank. Funny how they tell you one thing one day, and flip the script when you finally do it.
Withdrew all my money from my Chase account. Back to the Nike shoe box.
Were they fakes or did you get an empty box or something? Sucks to hear about that man. Sometimes I'd rather overpay a bit just to make sure something's legit.

No where does it say he did them. I doubt he did since they never mentioned it. You would think nike would make a big deal of it since other artist collaborations get a lot of talk up from nike(Pushead,kozik,neckface,etc). He did the shirts yes but I think Nike jacked his lettering and tried to make it unnoticeable. Chaz has not mentioned it either.

Nike would be facing a lawsuit if they used his images without permission.

I understand what you mean though, because Nike promoted the Freegum Lebron 9's and the Dave White Jordan I's

The design and colorway is poorly executed anyway. It's not ugly like some are saying, it's just extremely generic, boring and plain looking.

just saw the graffitis at my local FTL this morning, i don't mind the print on the upper but that flash lime color combination throws the whole shoe off
grin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom