OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

These are purple dynasty

Again...

Green Glow/Purp Dynasty = Pit Vipers.

Who said there will be another mainly Green Glow colorway? I know there won't be one. I have to check on that one.

When mentioning the predominantly green glow colorway, i was referencing this site as a source

http://basketrevolution.wordpress.com/sneaker-release-dates/

It hasnt let me down yet with whats posted, the dates might be off but the shoes posted have all released in that window of time

And it has a purp dynasty colorway releasing next month and a green glow in november or october i forgot

When mentioning the predominantly green glow colorway, i was referencing this site as a source

http://basketrevolution.wordpress.com/sneaker-release-dates/

It hasnt let me down yet with whats posted, the dates might be off but the shoes posted have all released in that window of time

And it has a purp dynasty colorway releasing next month and a green glow in november or october i forgot
it would make sense to me that the Green glow would be in October and be part of the rumored Halloween pack. especially after seeing the KD6 thats in that pack, Green Glow fits well

to answer multiple posts...

1. mambacurials for 300?

I think you can still find lower. Unless you EXTREMELY need it, you can definitely wait for the deals to come by. I bought mine for 230 just recently. It looks like they're still going for 250-270 on ebay. Ensure authenticity and make the purchase/bid. I was going to pull the trigger for 300 until i waited. You can buy 2 pairs of new release kobes for that price. 

2. sleeping on the kobe 8s

I think a lot of people's stories were...."i never liked the 6s or 7s so i'm going to skip the 8s." But once you try it on...you're pretty much sold because the weight and cushioning is IMMEDIATELY noticeable. too bad... so far for the 7 pairs kobes that i own, i maybe paid 15-50 dollars extra for the resell price.

3. Soreness in knees

i play in leagues and also full/mid court indoor games so the use in these exceed no more than 2 hours a day, maybe 3 days a week most. I definitely find discomfort in my knees after playing. I also notice that my calves and thighs are stronger and more responsive to sudden explosiveness/pinpoint positioning. One time during a fast break, i caught a bullet pass that required me to jump, catch, land, turn, and shoot. Usually the lunarlon does a pretty good job at dissipating the impact but i felt like my heel landed on a rock. I guess these shoes can only handle so much. My right ankles also feel sore due to pivoting a lot on the kobe 8s. Again, it's so easy to move in these so i can feel a lot of control when i stop and turn. The expense is just sore ankles. lol.. 

a question of my own...

do you think it sounds reasonable to buy a pair of kobe elite just so i can swap the zoom insole into my "more aesthetically appealing" kobe 8 colorways (specifically the insole with the two zoom areas)? Like many of you have pointed out, the lunarlon depreciates fairly quickly and sometimes i can feel so much more impact on an "aged" pair of kobe 8s.

Last edited by a moderator:
November for Green Glow according to that link.

It also has a Mine Grey Kobe 8 and LeBron XI releasing on Oct. 20. Haven't seen photos, but Kobe style code 555035-502

This was a Lunarglide that released this month in that color.

It also has a Mine Grey Kobe 8 and LeBron XI releasing on Oct. 20. Haven't seen photos, but Kobe style code 555035-502

The Mine Grey could definitely be nice!  im really hoping a color nobody has seen yet comes out that i really like. because the last few colors have been a no go for me (Milksnakes, Graffiti, Tony the Tiger, Pit Viper) and id like to atleast add one more sick 8 to my collection

a question of my own...
do you think it sounds reasonable to buy a pair of elite shoes just so i can swap the zoom insole with my "more aesthetically appealing" kobe 8 colorways (specifically the insole with the two zoom areas)? like many of you have pointed out, the lunarlon depreciates fairly quickly and sometimes i can feel so much more impact on an "aged" pair of kobe 8s.

To answer you, yes but make sure you buy the superhero elites as those insole are lunarlon with both fore foot and heel zoom

I myself did that as it seems like a good idea as lunarlon doesnt last forever

To answer you, yes but make sure you buy the superhero elites as those insole are lunarlon with both fore foot and heel zoom

I myself did that as it seems like a good idea as lunarlon doesnt last forever
great minds think alike sir. now to find me some superheroes lol

Think there's a chance the Mine Greys are the Inlines?  Fingers crossed gents.

Also Solebandz came out w/ Mambacurial & VB colorways.

Last edited:
No Sparks, No Amnesty's, No Inlines, No POP's, No Lower Merions, No Del Sols, No True Laker Colorways, mean time Durant and Lebron going HAM on all colorways and materials on their shoes. I don't know what NIKE has against kobe or us, but you sons of beaches really need to get your act together, sneakers heads are getting restless.

Just bought the grey black white pp's from FTL Mondawmin mall in Bmore. They got soooo many 8's there just sitting still. They even got the pythons still on the shelf too with the bb's, milks, all the pp's, both elites, challenge reds, graffs in most sizes. Have not seen a FTL with all those, especially the pythons since those were the second cw released after the Sulphurs if I remember correctly. Don't think too many Baltimore city boys f wit Kobe's too much. But this FTL had more kobe gear and kicks then damn niketown. They had the kobe backpacks, pants, bunch of shirts, shorts, and a good amount of the jackets and hoodies that I've only seen on the FTL website. Found my new go to kobe store. And back to the new black grey pp's, these joints look so much sicker on feet than in pictures.

damn son, why you have to put the spot on blast like that? now all the kobes gonna be exported from there if the manager allows it :smh:

to add to his utopia of kobes post - last I checked, it wasn't a fsr of the older ones. seems like they had scattered sizes there.

50 bucks! That's a steal

Yessir!!!!

Also is it just me or do these really make your knees sore after a few hours of scrimmage and/or pickup? The lunarlon is straight butter :smokin with how plush every step is but my knee is so damn sore after a few hours when I finished up practice last week and that practice was pretty light with mostly off the dribble stuff and ball handling. If this continues I'll have to switch back to them KDs. For the people that play competitive ball lemme know that it ain't just me.
The lunarlon kind of bothered me too at first. It felt good on my hyperdunks, and feels great to walk in, but when playing I the 8s it doesn't give me quite as much impact protection. I switched out my lunarlon one with my cushlon with zoom bag, and it feels a lot better. I'm a center BTW.

I wouldn't really complain with the 8's colorways... We've gotten a LOT of colors man...
and I like the fact that we got NEW colorways this time instead of having everything
recycled like with the lebron line and KD line.

I love the unpredictable nature of the Kobe series, I love the chaos.

Honestly, all the colorways are good IMO. Even the worst colorways actually look nice.
Compare the ugliest 8 with the ugliest 7 and 6... you'll be surprised. We're just spoiled
is all.

The more I see these, the more I start to dislike. Maybe it's just the CW as a whole. The print has potential for sure.

Last edited:
starting my day off in my sulfurs. Glad I didn't sleep on these.

Same here man, as soon as I found out they were still at my finish line when they first came out (because for some reason none of the footlockers in my area got them)
I bought them.

As time goes on, prices go higher.  The longer you wait, the higher you will pay.  Prices were around 240 when they came out but as pairs dry up and the release gets distant, pairs will start going for $350+ so buy them now while you can cause the prices will never get any lower than what you see. Just look at the Grinches.  MC's or Christmas lights will reach that by next year.

You are right..
The longer you wait.. the more you'll pay
The worst thing is you cant find anyone who sell what u want
For example try to find bhm gc now they're pretty much extinct

Forgive what will definitely seem like I've been under a rock but how does one do a stock locate? And am I correct in thinking a stock locate is when a store checks stock at all stores nationwide and then will ship that shoe to your location for pickup? If anyone could be so kind to explain the process to me, I'd appreciate it.
Yes, that is correct. You will need to go into the store with the sneaker sku number, then ask them if any store has the sneaker. If they find it, they will place an order to be shipped to your crib..

Back
Top Bottom