OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

finally

120 off ebay, DS

Throwing so much hate your way, especially since FTL is still searching for my pair.  Despite calling the store and getting confirmation that they were shipping out.
laugh.gif

Nice come up.  Going to start hawking eBay again for a pair.  Worst case ima just cancel the stock locate pair and use that gift card on a pair of King's Pride Bron XIs.

Last edited:
^^^great pickup. I'm still looking for a pair for myself...the search continues!

And I just want a confirmed release day for WTK, is that too much to ask for from Nike?
Thanks.  I used to play soccer for about 5 yrs as a kid.  Really dope concept.   WTK is rumored for DEC from a post earlier.  just be patient, nike will announce eventually. also I wouldnt get too hyped, its going to be a headache to get a pair. 

Honestly lebrons are super comfy,  but they are just too high off the floor and feels weird when ballin.  imo.   anyways no more lebron talk.  back to kb24
This was the reason I never hooped in lebrons but the XI have changed all of that :smokin . But wore the pit vipers yesterday and I'm really liking those more and more

Loving the fact that NikeID now features Solid uppers on Kobe 8s... Although I can't seem to make ANYTHING that matches my MCs. Classic shoe...

Wait they're serious about 220 on the kb9?

Man eff that. Would rather spend the extra 30 for the Bron halo boots

Penny Vs would be a two way tie at #2 with Lebron.

I tried on the orlandos, I thought they were terribly uncomfortable. Lets not forget they are a NSW release, not Nike Basketball. They cater to the retro heads. I hoop in my shoes, so...

I gotta see the 9 before I pass judgement on the price

I just dropped 2 bills on the lebrons and the shoe is awesome so if the 9 brings it Nike can have my money

Unless the 9 looks like junk I'm probably in. Love the 8. Love my fly knits. Seems like a good combo to me. Lol.

I like the Penny Vs...but they're no higher than #3 out of the 4 bball sigs mentioned that debuted last year, IMO.

Kobe 8s > Lebron Xs > Penny Vs > KD Vs

Penny Vs would be a two way tie at #2 with Lebron.

I tried on the orlandos, I thought they were terribly uncomfortable. Lets not forget they are a NSW release, not Nike Basketball. They cater to the retro heads. I hoop in my shoes, so...
I haven't balled in them personally, but I know dudes who have that said the Pennys are actually pretty nice on court despite the NSW tag. I remember nightwing2303 rating them pretty highly. They do take a little while to break in.

Yeah the way the carbon fiber plate sits it hurts your arch but they break in. For being a NWS product they held their own on the courts imo, traction can be iffy but overall they are solid. They're like Lebron IX's cousin lol.

Yeah the way the carbon fiber plate sits it hurts your arch but they break in. For being a NWS product they held their own on the courts imo, traction can be iffy but overall they are solid. They're like Lebron IX's cousin lol.

Blasphemy!

Why even bother releasing them if your going to sell them at 1 location. Nike is so wack. I bet not even 1 person who really wants them will get them. It'll be employee or employees friend to resell. I think I'm getting too old for these games Nike plays
mean.gif
^

Relax.

He was probably talking to a kobeoverbron type of shoe store employee.

They're not dropping at only one location.
My bad, should have specified.  He said in SoCAL, when they drop, it would most likely be limited to HOH Beverly hills.  Like I said take it for what it's worth.  I would love to get my hand on a pair, but with the release of solid upper on ID, i'll probably focus on making some amnesties and some blue/volt pairs and try for the xmas 2.0 and call it a day.

I was going to try and pick up the Laney 5's dropping next weekend, but I'm gonna put that money to even better use and get me some Amnesty Jr.'s!

I like the Penny Vs...but they're no higher than #3 out of the 4 bball sigs mentioned that debuted last year, IMO.

Kobe 8s > Lebron Xs > Penny Vs > KD Vs
I haven't balled in them personally, but I know dudes who have that said the Pennys are actually pretty nice on court despite the NSW tag. I remember nightwing2303 rating them pretty highly. They do take a little while to break in.
I've balled in both the Kobe 8's and Penny V's, and I'll take penny's to ball in over kobe's any day! Although I am biased towards mids since I have that preconceived notion that mids provide more protection.  Penny's just take some time to break whereas kobe's don't really need any breaking in.  At the end of the day, there is a reason why I have 11 pairs of Kobe 8's and only 5 Penny 5's

Back
Top Bottom