OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Had to pick these up.

Sodium levels just went through the damn roof.
laugh.gif

So, question for all. I own 20 pairs of Kobe 8s. I'm not going to say which ones because its part of the question I need to leave out to get your answers. So here goes.

You own 20 pairs of Kobe 8s, if the collection is missing (insert Kobe 8(s) here), its not complete. Really interested in your opinions.

So you're basically asking for a top 20 must haves?

Had to pick these up.

Sodium levels just went through the damn roof. :lol:
I hope bigj is okay, haven't seen him post in here yet(hopefully he didn't see the Sparks pick up yet) :lol: :nerd:
$500 is a lot for any Kobe but it's still a better p/u than paying double the price of Sparks for the ghastly WTKs that sellers are asking for(if the only option is through a reseller).

my collection, just sold my milk snakes

-2 pairs MCs

-2 pairs of fades

-2 pairs of blue lights

-sulfurs

-superheros

-xmas

-easters

-graffitis

-taipans

-black and white PPs

-blue PPs

-volts

-ID

-pit vipers

I'd like to get a pair of GC xmas, black elites, red camo, blitz blues, VBs and make one more ID. Then I am done with the 8 and my collection is complete. That's five more pairs of GRs and one ID, but with other releases coming out I hope to finish up the 8 collection by the spring.

Last edited:
Yea that post is hilarious. Anyone who believes they can get genuine kobes for $48 deserves to be taken. Congrats on your volts pick up.

So, question for all. I own 20 pairs of Kobe 8s. I'm not going to say which ones because its part of the question I need to leave out to get your answers. So here goes.

You own 20 pairs of Kobe 8s, if the collection is missing (insert Kobe 8(s) here), its not complete. Really interested in your opinions.
Purple Gradients, Easters, and Blitz Blues

EDIT: If we're doing entire collections counting the above 3, I also have the Pit Vipers, Milk Snakes, and Taipans. 

Last edited:
The three must haves for me are Christmas, red suede (even though they're all faded now), and the black exts. My 10 pair collection would be incomplete without those three

I hope bigj is okay, haven't seen him post in here yet(hopefully he didn't see the Sparks pick up yet) :lol: :nerd:
$500 is a lot for any Kobe but it's still a better p/u than paying double the price of Sparks for the ghastly WTKs that sellers are asking for(if the only option is through a reseller).

There is no way I could pay $500 for these, let alone any shoes. The most I ever spent was $375 on the Mango Barcelona Kobes, and they were limited to 250 so it was worth it.

My lineup right now is Sulfurs, Purple Gradients, Red Camos, Black EXTs, Xmas, and Fireworks. Black EXTs aren't my absolute favorite colorway, but I've probably gotten the most wears out of those than any other pair I have just cuz I can throw those on with anything, which is what I love about that shoe. Can't say I'm really looking to pick up any other pairs unless I'm maybe blown away by the Xmas 2s or those YOTHs coming out.

My current collection (had 12 cw's at one point):

Sulfur
Xmas
BHM
Fades
Black Elites
Easters

In no particular order. Traded my MC's for DS 88's. The 6 cw's mentioned are the only 8's I have left. I regret selling my Volt's.

Last edited:
my kobe 8 collection

X-Mas
Sulfurs
Purple Fades

had BHM's sold em here to someone.. wonder/hope they are enjoying em..

Last edited:
I had the BHMs too at one point, but I can't really say that I miss them much. They're a nice, very wearable colorway, but just didn't love them enough to keep.

I had the BHMs too at one point, but I can't really say that I miss them much. They're a nice, very wearable colorway, but just didn't love them enough to keep.

That's how I'm feeling about the pit vipers right now.

yea but for $120 after bday coupon, PVs will be sitting in my closet, waiting for me to wear :lol:

much better than what brons and retro jordans are running right now :tongue:

There is no way I could pay $500 for these, let alone any shoes. The most I ever spent was $375 on the Mango Barcelona Kobes, and they were limited to 250 so it was worth it.

$375 for kb6 mango is pretty much a steal bro!
You are really lucky to get them that cheap..

I have to agree with you on the sparks
$500 is way too much
Especially with those soles which will turn yellow in couple years..

I am at a Adidas tent sell they only have once a yr and they have tons of kb crazy eights. I'm so glad kobe left Adidas 4 nike. These shoes are ugly

Where's this tent sale? :nerd: I seen one in Sacramento but I knew about it a month late. Need the black/white crazy 8 for $40

i know its probably a wrong place to ask but i cant find a kb6 thread

whats a reasonable price for a pair of sz11 east LA 

will rep!

My current collection (had 12 cw's at one point):

Sulfur
Xmas
BHM
Fades
Black Elites
Easters

In no particular order. Traded my MC's for DS 88's. The 6 cw's mentioned are the only 8's I have left. I regret selling my Volt's.

You traded MCs for 88s?!?! :wow:

$500 is way too much

Yeah I bought the mangos when they first dropped, from a seller in Europe. I sold them about a year ago for $1075.

You traded MCs for 88s?!?! :wow:

I sure did. I don't regret it. I originally got them through a trade for a pair of Charcoal 7's. Wore the MC's about 20 times (mostly to the gym). Don't get me wrong, I liked the shoe (especially the sock liner). I felt that I could part ways with the MC's, without losing any sleep.

$500 is way too much
Mango VIs had those milky white soles that turn yellow/brown though... same as the ASG VIs, 3D VIs, Big Stage Vs, etc, so you still have the same type of problem.
Fireworks actually don't have a typical clear sole. The bottoms of the soles are slightly painted with a very light blue. Will still yellow long term, but it should help.

And $300 something for Mangos sounds great now that they go for $1K+, but it's same thing with the Fireworks. Good handful of us were able to cop for a relatively more "reasonable" price through KC or an overseas connect when they first dropped, $200-300 something. Prices are only starting to get ridiculous (and will probably only keep rising) now that people are realizing they're an actual Shanghai exclusive, at least based on all the info we've gotten so far. I'm sure if they stay an overseas exclusive, that $500 won't be looking too bad a year or so from now compared to what you'd have to pay then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom