OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Cool write up on the evolution of the upper on Nike shoes. Kobe 8's featured as the future of the upper for Nike Basketball. Really like this pic of the Supernaturals they have with it, wish I could see them in person though.

http://nikeinc.com/news/inside-access-evolving-the-upper
Thanks for posting this and that picture of the Supernaturals has me reaching for my wallet....crap I may need to get those now if it's even possible.

My last bball show before I picked up the Pythons were the Hyperdunks shown in that timeline. I really disliked them. They were super lightweight but the flywire upper was stiff and not too comfortable. They're they reason why I don't really care for high tops. I would wear high socks just so that the wings on the side wouldn't chafe my leg and if I tied the laces all the way to the top, i didn't feel like I could move as freely. I feel much more secure and agile in the Kobes. 

Give it time, now that they saw how well those sold and how they can build the hype I wouldn't be surprised come summer time they have a few surprises for us. Even Nike said to look for more this year from the NSW department so I'm sure there will be more.
yeah im surprised kobe hasn't gotten a pair made of actual snakeskin for a nsw model. it'll cost but he earned it

HoH is carrying all 3 YOTS Kobe 8's. I suggest you call your local HoH and see what they plan on doing.

Japan Pic from FB group. Xmas' just sitting.

8"s are very good comfort and performance wise on the court, I've played roughly 10 games in both the Lunarlon insole and the Nike+ insole. Thought both were very comfortable only question I have is how long with each of the insoles last before wearing down. I own the black YOTS and they are similar in comfort to the on court 8's. When you ask the performance I'll warn you that the black YOTS should not be used on the court they are strictly an off the court shoe but they are quite comfortable as well and come with removable insoles to switch out if you choose one is more comfortable than another.
Thanks for the info bdrake823, looks like its red camos for me this weekend!

L-train, I have most of the colorways and they all have slight variations because of the quality control/ mass production along with changes in the structure of the EM and Lunarlon after several wearings. For me, the Sulfurs fit perfect but the Blue Lights are a little tight in the toebox but a little roomy in the heel for my liking, just to give your an example.

If you have doubts, the only way you would know is to go into a store and try them out with the socks you would use to ball in. Everyone's foot widths and shapes are different, it's really difficult to get determine whether a particular shoe or even the size of that particular shoe will be TTS.

Best of luck in deciding, but I like to use the old motto of buy first and ask questions later because you don't want to regret it later on when you had the opportunity to have them, at worst you can always return them. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info cnami1! I'm definitely gonna get a pair very soon!

^^I also want a pair of the Red Suedes...

I already locked down a pair of the Black Mambas, now I can focus my full attention on the Suedes...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom