OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Well also how do y'all wear your shoes? Most of the time dragging like that occurs when tied real loose (unless you just can't walk but I'll give most the benefit of the doubt on that). And if you feel that part you can see its super thin covering the EM near the toe, just be more careful I guess? Sounds harsh but y'all realize this is the lightest basketball shoes out, so the materials won't be super thick all around. The EM is probably the thickest part of the upper excluding the hard heel cup, so I'm not surprised. Does it suck? Yeah. But it's bound to happen depending on what you use it for.

And I'm not singling out dude's pic above, more of a general statement regarding the 8s.

Do not take offense to this Zyzz, you're cool with me. You basically say the exact same thing about the Kobe VII every time you get the chance and I've grown tired of it. How many times are you going to express to the board that you hate the shoe? You're most definitely entitled to your opinion, but it "seems" like you're imposing it on people. To me, the Kobe VII did not suck, I liked the colorways, and I like the way they looked and performed. They won all around.

IMO the only thing the VII lacked was comfort

:frown:

Well also how do y'all wear your shoes? Most of the time dragging like that occurs when tied real loose (unless you just can't walk but I'll give most the benefit of the doubt on that). And if you feel that part you can see its super thin covering the EM near the toe, just be more careful I guess? Sounds harsh but y'all realize this is the lightest basketball shoes out, so the materials won't be super thick all around. The EM is probably the thickest part of the upper excluding the hard heel cup, so I'm not surprised. Does it suck? Yeah. But it's bound to happen depending on what you use it for.

And I'm not singling out dude's pic above, more of a general statement regarding the 8s.
Wearing them caually that will almost never happen unless you fall . but that will happen if your playing ball. no way to prevent it . it is what it is.

i got a similar scuff (not as deep as the one in the xmas pic) just seems that part of the shoe/fabric is really delicate and will wear down or get scuffed when stepped on.

vii's had some nice colorways i liked the material too ...just  a little bulky on the heel for me and i couldn't find a size that was a really good fit

DJYoung08, comfort was an issue for me the first few wears. After playing in them for about a week, they were just fine for me. It didn't matter what insert I had when playing either, to me that bs was just a gimmick anyway.

The external heel clips on all of my shoes are totally munsoned whether they're worn casually or for soccer/bball. (T90 and Kobes) It only bothers me on the Cloak 7s

The missing toe piece in the front of the those Xmas 8s scares me a bit. Kobe 9s will hopefully have some tennis technology input in that area.

Last edited:
The external heel clips on all of my shoes are totally munsoned whether they're worn casually or for soccer/bball. (T90 and Kobes) It only bothers me on the Cloak 7s

The missing toe piece in the front of the those Xmas 8s scares me a bit. Kobe 9s will hopefully have some tennis technology input in that area.

Crazy bro, I was literally about to say some tennis tech could have been put in to handle the wear and tear for the toe box area and forefoot. Great minds think alike haha.

A toe drag will be the end of a Beautiful pair of kicks. Might need a backup for ball after all.

The 7's are a little snug in the toebox area, for me it was the side of my foot near where the pinkie toe knuckle is that kept rubbing while playing ball. I had to wear thinner socks to compensate and I do not have wide feet. Perhaps the shoe's tight fit was due to the manufacturing process of my particular pair. I have not touched my Cloaks, so I can't compare how the Wolf is to the Cloaks, it makes me consider selling the Cloaks so I don't have this potential side foot rubbing issue.

The 8's fit perfect out of the box, I have even used the different Jordan inserts with the 8's. I prefer Lunarlon and Fly Over inserts.

As far as the materials are concerned, I guess only time will tell how sturdy it really is. My guess is that this shoe is not made with consistent basketball playing longevity in mind due to the lightweight materials used and that Kobe wears a new pair every game and practice. For us regular joes earning their hard earned cash, it is what it is and we have to deal with it and preserve it the best we could.

Tennis tech on Kobe's will be a great idea if they can use similar lightweight materials but just like physics/ science, even light materials have only so much protection/thickness to prevent scratches/ damage to the shoe.

But awesome feedback fellas on ideas to make the shoes better for us true Kobe/sneakerheads.

I wonder if the lighting is also taking away the look of a metalic finish...

Or will the USA version not have that either?

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased the zoom inserts for these yet? If so how do they feel and do you prefer the Lunarlon over the Zoom? (Watch, now nobody will have bought the insert)

Hey guys i just got a pair of the Christmas lights and man there dope!  just wondering tho since the soles are kinda translucent.  I know there green but do they turn yellow like how icy soles turn out?

US version "shozoku" on the Pythons has a metalic finish. Just don't know how the finish compares to that of Asia's version.

Ha just saw this on ig lol

Back
Top Bottom