OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Are all the non sport enabled soles ridged like the BHM? First time I've seen them and seems like they would feel funny.

The version that Finish Line has is the Enabled which retails at $160. Idk any other colors we will carry in the future, this was the only one listed on our launch list. But it does get updated frequently. I'll keep you guys updated though.

I hope they aren't only getting the "enabled" verison, I don't feel like spending that extra money for something I will never use. If that's the case I will be having to shop someplace else.

Anyone else get pain in their calves/right under their calves after playing in Lunar based shoes for a long time?

When I take a long run in my Lunar eclipse (8-10 miles), i get soreness and tiredness in my calves and area just below.

When I do the same in some Zoom or Air based shoes with phylon, no pain.

When I play in my Kobe 8's or Hyperdunk 2012 for 1-2 hours straight, same pain.

When I play in Kobe V's, no pain.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem with the Kobe 8 or other lunar cushioned shoes. Maybe its just me.

Those grinches are fakes.

im pretty sure these are fake though. just looked at both my pairs bought from the Nike Vault. the end of the swoosh is supposed to get a lot closer to the patent leather area near the heel cup and the scales look pretty off as well. last thing i noticed real quick is that the heel part where it says zoom is not supposed to be glossy its just a flat lime green paint.
Damn my bad guys, never really paid attention to the 6s like that so I didn't know, I'll be sure to let the guy on fb know tho lol

I play in my bhm's and the heel cup is squeezing my right ankle resulting in an annoying pain. It's hard to run! Anyone else experiencing this? I tried loosening the laces and I stretched the cup some with my fingers which alieved the pain some. Really disappointed because the left fits like a glove, and minus that these are shaping up to be my favorite hooping shoe ever. It's like they have everything that made the V great but with better court feel and grip! Amazing!

Last edited:
Are you talking about pain or soreness? Prob just means you're doing more forefoot running so that's why there's soreness right under your calves.

More of a soreness actually. Good point.

If the Kobe's werent so comfortable otherwise I would have moved to another shoe. Problem is, it's still leaps and bounds better than the other current shoes in terms of light weight and flexible.

I play in my bhm's and the heel cup is squeezing my right ankle resulting in an annoying pain. It's hard to run! Anyone else experiencing this? I tried loosening the laces and I stretched the cup some with my fingers which alieved the pain some. Really disappointed because the left fits like a glove, and minus that these are shaping up to be my favorite hooping shoe ever. It's like they have everything that made the V great but with better court feel and grip! Amazing!
i didn't have that specific problem, but i did find my right foot felt completely different than my left in terms of comfort.  

More of a soreness actually. Good point.

If the Kobe's werent so comfortable otherwise I would have moved to another shoe. Problem is, it's still leaps and bounds better than the other current shoes in terms of light weight and flexible.
An alternative to Lunarlon soles for you would be to try and get the Jordan 2012 pack with the 3 different soles, I've seen them at the outlets but not a lot of them and use those soles instead of the Lunarlon. I've used Fly Around and Fly over soles (Zoom air and reg. Air) for the Kobe's, there's a slight loss of court feel but structurally, it's much better than Lunarlon if you need more stable cushioning. I switch between the 3 soles when wearing the Kobe's depending on my mood or ankle injuries.

Maybe it'll help with your calf problem. 

Last edited:
Anyone else get pain in their calves/right under their calves after playing in Lunar based shoes for a long time?

When I take a long run in my Lunar eclipse (8-10 miles), i get soreness and tiredness in my calves and area just below.

When I do the same in some Zoom or Air based shoes with phylon, no pain.

When I play in my Kobe 8's or Hyperdunk 2012 for 1-2 hours straight, same pain.

When I play in Kobe V's, no pain.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem with the Kobe 8 or other lunar cushioned shoes. Maybe its just me.

Probably just like Nike frees are made, make you use more ankle, muscles you're not used to. Happening in hyperdunks is strange though. Try diff socks?

I've waited to get the pythons. And my footlocker guy says my store is on their last few pairs. So I was wondering how much success you guys have had in stacking coupons. Like the bday and survey coupon

apparently FTL calling the teals releasing this saturday the supernaturals? 0.o these nicknames are getting annoying, mostly due to the reason that they keep changing them...

NDC's got all of the YotS releases on the calendar for 3/9... AND the sport grey/volt pair. There's $580 worth of Kobe's coming on one day. Everybody get your pocketbooks ready.

Reactions: lyl
Went to my FL tday and talked to an associate

Asked him about the winners circle program, that if i signed up now, would I get a bday coupon b4 my bday on 3/4 bcuz theyre sposed to start carrying kobes in march and Im trying to scoop the red camos :evil: and for under retail :tongue:

This goon didnt even know that they were sposed to be carrying kobes in march and began talking about a foam account :smh:

So i zoned out of his convo and just got my sox and bounced

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom