OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Sorry guys, some of you may be familiar with my LeBron XI debacle. LOL
I'll get back to you guys with MORE info early June. Tech specs, more
descriptions but I still don't know if I can do pics by then. This thing spreads
like wildfire.

All I saw was mid cut and patterns. SMFH.

It's pretty similar to the 8 with the midsole I think? oh well. haha. Please Nike,
WE WANT LOWS!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that with the LeBrons!

Midsole is the same already like them lol my favorite part of the 8 so I'm good. I know this is dumb but can anybody name shoes that are mids because I thought the lebron x were highs but some people say mids?

Last edited:
To anyone like me who desparately wabts a pair of sulfurs... Lets all contact nike cause they told me if they gor enough requests they would restock in all sz's again

Kobe only had a handful of PEs this season...namely the Sulfurs with blacked out shozoku, the Homes with the White upper, Amnesties, Nike iD contest winner with "new colors" and probably a couple I missed... those probably have no chance of actually releasing to the public (hope I'm wrong about the Amnesties).

The Homes with the Grey upper and the Inlines, just like the Purple Gradients/Fades/Platinums, were worn by other Lakers as well besides Kobe...so I'm sure there's a good chance that those 2 pairs have a shot of releasing...eventually.

Last edited:
Ive talked to like 6 ppl from nike and tgey said they would
Sounds legit.
roll.gif
 Let's all request that they restock the BHMs again too
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Well, after how it began, I don't see that last comment as being much of a stretch, relatively speaking of course.

However, GR''s do not sell out here, as there are plenty of the shoes that are desired by many of you, here in our neck of the woods. Kobe's sales are regional, not national from what I understand.

Good luck.
international dont forget that in china Kobes practically a God, only in america is lebron liked over kobe 
laugh.gif

Sorry guys, some of you may be familiar with my LeBron XI debacle. LOL
I'll get back to you guys with MORE info early June. Tech specs, more
descriptions but I still don't know if I can do pics by then. This thing spreads
like wildfire.

All I saw was mid cut and patterns. SMFH.

It's pretty similar to the 8 with the midsole I think? oh well. haha. Please Nike,
WE WANT LOWS!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that with the LeBrons!

you're a good poster so i can believe this. however, maybe we'll see lows and high's?

like zyzz said, i can't play in anything other than lows now. i have hd 2012's but it's not the same.

More like a KD3 type ankle height.

weren't the kd 3's about the same height as the zk4?

Last edited:
Im replying to what you said about the Kobe line switching to mids because of mediocre sales of the lowtops the past 4 years. Nothing could be further from the truth, the Kobe line has thrived since it moved to lowtops.

To make a statement like that shows you haven't been following the Kobe line for any substantial length of time.

The Kobe I, II and III had low interest. It was so bad after the Kobe I, that basically the Kobe line was only available at Foot Locker and random locak shoe chains.

Theres ton of apparel now. The GRs sell out fairly quickly now too.

The Kobe line is more popular now than it ever was.
Well, after how it began, I don't see that last comment as being much of a stretch, relatively speaking of course.

However, GR''s do not sell out here, as there are plenty of the shoes that are desired by many of you, here in our neck of the woods. Kobe's sales are regional, not national from what I understand.

Good luck.

If my memory serves me no Nike signatures were selling great back then either. Every GR color way was outlet bound back then.

Basically when House of Hoops came around, Kobe went to lows and Petrie came to the Lebron line is when all these signature models become über popular.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

And you say the Kobe lines sales are mediocre. Relative to what are they mediocre?

Also you need to realize because you see one shoe on a random store shelf doesn't mean they have a FSR in the back. Don't kid yourself. All the people on these thread areny from just a few regions of the country.

Kobe's aren't regional.

Last edited:
The low top Kobes have been better sellers than the Kobe mids
Perhaps, but even if you do not like the Kobe mids, Durant's shoe will be a low next year.

So Nike isn't really leaving you out in the cold, unless you only rock lows due to Kobe.

Im replying to what you said about the Kobe line switching to mids because of mediocre sales of the lowtops the past 4 years. Nothing could be further from the truth, the Kobe line has thrived since it moved to lowtops.

To make a statement like that shows you haven't been following the Kobe line for any substantial length of time.

The Kobe I, II and III had low interest. It was so bad after the Kobe I, that basically the Kobe line was only available at Foot Locker and random locak shoe chains.

The Kobe line is more popular now than it ever was
thats all Nike's $30 billion ambition

they didnt sit down and say "Oh, Kobes are selling, lets make clothes and stuff for them"

shoes in general are more popular than they ever were, the kamikaze 2s would still be on shelves if they released around the time of the kobe 2s

you cant really compare older models to newer models because it has nothing to do with how many people liked the shoe, theres just way more people into kobes now and its not because of the design or performance, its all about buying shoes now, everyone loves to call themselves a sneakerhead

The Kobe line is more popular now than it ever was.

Depends on the area. Kobe kicks don't sell in NYC unless they're limited. It's all about retro jordan and foamposite here.

Last edited:
Picking up my Kobe Purple Platinum's up tomo ,No hype for these in my town. Footlocker employee told me just to come when they open. No raffles.
[h1] [/h1]

Depends on the area. Kobe kicks don't sell in NYC unless they're limited. It's all about retro jordan and foamposite here.
Word. I was able to pick up easters despite the 40 or so people in front of me. They were all there for whiteouts. Tomorrow morning should be a walk in the park at my local FTL.

Picking up my Kobe Purple Platinum's up tomo ,No hype for these in my town. Footlocker employee told me just to come when they open. No raffles.
[h1] [/h1]

went to Champs last night to get a raffle ticket....there was only 1 other ticket in the container....lol. Guess I'm guaranteed a pair.

that can be chalked up as a sign of the times tho

dudes didnt really start beasting over kobes until the VIs anyways

No thats when YOU started paying attention to Kobes. The popularity really started with the Kobe IV and definitely with the Kobe V. Thats when we started to see the beginning of 1000 page Kobe threads on here. Thats also when I noticed some GR colorways would actually sell out in a couple months time.

Perhaps, but even if you do not like the Kobe mids, Durant's shoe will be a low next year.

So Nike isn't really leaving you out in the cold, unless you only rock lows due to Kobe.

The Kobe line is more popular now than it ever was
thats all Nike's $30 billion ambition

they didnt sit down and say "Oh, Kobes are selling, lets make clothes and stuff for them"

shoes in general are more popular than they ever were, the kamikaze 2s would still be on shelves if they released around the time of the kobe 2s

you cant really compare older models to newer models because it has nothing to do with how many people liked the shoe, theres just way more people into kobes now and its not because of the design or performance, its all about buying shoes now, everyone loves to call themselves a sneakerhead

Shoes are selling better than they ever have because Nike revamped their lineup and marketed in new way.Also Nike helped cultivate the market by making energy colorways and releasing them in House of Hoops. Basically it made it fun to collect shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom