OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

LOL you know it. :D
I'd only get the Sparks if they're discounted in outlets. Honestly, the only pair I'd cop above retail would be
the XMas shoe and Fades. :rolleyes

I think we should just ban the word "ugly" in this thread... Cause everyone has different opinions.. I personally like every single Colorway and don't think any of them are ugly.. I like them for what they are.. Hype or no hype.

you're right tho, they're not REALLY ugly. Just not my taste. All the 8s are fine, that's the beauty of this shoe, everything is nice.
You get to pick the CW that suits you the most. Unlike some sigs..

So are we supposed to get used to crazy *** colors for the Kobe line from here input and nothing resembling classic CWs? Don't get me wrong it's cool we have a bunch of options now, but pythons and Tony the Tigers? Really?!

How does Nike decide on CWs to release? They've gotta at least hear the cry for more traditional CWs right? Interested to see what's in store for the 9.

[h2]Nike Kobe VIII (8) System Easter (555035 302) 179.99[/h2]
Size 8 13

http://www.soleawesome.com/nike-kobe-viii-8-system-easter-555035-302/
[h2]Nike Kobe VIII (8) EXT Year of the Snake (582554 600) 189.99[/h2]
Size 7.5 10.5 11.5 12

http://www.soleawesome.com/nike-kobe-viii-8-ext-year-of-the-snake-582554-600/
[h2]Nike Kobe VIII (8) System Python (555035 300) 149.99 RETAIL[/h2]
Size 9

http://www.soleawesome.com/nike-kobe-viii-8-system-python-555035-300/
[h2]Nike Kobe VIII (8) System Blitz Blue (555035 401) 169.99[/h2]
Size 7 7.5 13

http://www.soleawesome.com/nike-kobe-viii-8-system-blitz-blue-555035-401/

Last edited:
Lol... It's cray man. VB's aren't that subtle, but in comparison to the sparks I feel they are. I too don't like the pythons but have grinch 6's and had asg 8's, but sold them. Maybe it's just the color. I wouldn't feel comfortable in yellow and felt uncomfortable in orange. :rolleyes
Wouldnt feel comfortable in yellow in a kobe shoe? I know they come out with different colors too but damn, all I look for is that PURP and yellow Cw's. laker colors for Kobe's are the best obviously. That's just my opinion, and orange all day for the O's, PURP and yellow all day for the ravens and lakers. Been Savin my fades and 5 inks and inlines for the reg season to start.

Sup NT? Mind telling me what this colorway is called? Thanks!

you're right tho, they're not REALLY ugly. Just not my taste. All the 8s are fine, that's the beauty of this shoe, everything is nice.
You get to pick the CW that suits you the most. Unlike some sigs..

You truly couldn't have put that any better. Ive caught myself thinking a few were ugly in pics but when I see the shoe in person and even though its not to my liking I respect how clean any cw/design comes out on this shoe although the vbs are still a little hard to grow on lol at the end of the day cop what you want to cop hype or not

Tried to find a pic of the Inland Taipan snake that's close to the colorway this particular Kobe was inspired from. I couldn't find one, but after seeing pics of the snake the graphic on the midsole makes sense now. Probably could've executed the pattern a bit better though.

Edit- couple pics of the Inland Taipan

I was already sold on these, but the snake connection makes me want them more. That might sound crazy, sorry, but I'm a big fan of the YOTS concept they're running with for this model.

Last edited:
I think we should just ban the word "ugly" in this thread... Cause everyone has different opinions.. I personally like every single Colorway and don't think any of them are ugly.. I like them for what they are.. Hype or no hype.

All the CWs are ugly but I'll cop at retail. SMH

Darryl, you ugly doe.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So are we supposed to get used to crazy *** colors for the Kobe line from here input and nothing resembling classic CWs? Don't get me wrong it's cool we have a bunch of options now, but pythons and Tony the Tigers? Really?!

How does Nike decide on CWs to release? They've gotta at least hear the cry for more traditional CWs right? Interested to see what's in store for the 9.

THIS.....I appreciate the mixture of non-traditional/Traditional CWs from time to time but the recent onslaught of randomness isn't a good look.

Just got them Graffitis in and I must say in person they look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.  Way better than the Volts.  That shade of Green is so PERFECT, Unbelievable. Pops so hard.   My mind has definitely changed even more and love the Graffities much more.  The print is so nuts too, it trumps the played out camo mesh print BY FAR.  I LOVE THESE.  People will be staring at your feet when you wear these for damn sure.  Better than the Milk Snakes too. 

Last edited:
Just got them Graffitis in and I must say in person they look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.  Way better than the Volts.  That shade of Green is so PERFECT, Unbelievable. Pops so hard.   My mind has definitely changed even more and love the Graffities much more.  The print is so nuts too, it trumps the played out camo mesh print BY FAR.  I LOVE THESE.  People will be staring at your feet when you wear these for damn sure.  Better than the Milk Snakes too. 

feels like you make these types of comments for every new release you pick up :lol:

I haven't felt this way since the MC's.  I bought the Milk Snakes but the only reason I feel that I like that was because it reminds me of Carmines.  The Green on the Graffities are like a harder pop of the Roshe Run Glow sole for the nike ID's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom